Page 1 of 1

Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 pm
by WestMetro
Any items to report?

Charlie Stramel status?

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am
by goldy313
My arthritis is worsening so expect more grammatical errors.....

Or were you taking about high school kids and not people who post on here? I would consider Karl, Lee, Elliot, Otown, kniven, etc key players.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am
by east hockey
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am
My arthritis is worsening so expect more grammatical errors.....

Or were you taking about high school kids and not people who post on here? I would consider Karl, Lee, Elliot, Otown, kniven, etc key players.
Lee could be nearing retirement. His heart just isn't in the game these days, it seems.

Lee

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 am
by BP
WestMetro wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:49 pm
Any items to report?

Charlie Stramel status?
Seems to be ok and should be back in the line-up this weekend.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 am
by kniven
I’m good. Minnesota high school hockey is my favorite sport. Cloquet, Esko, and Carlton Lumberjacks hockey my favorite sports franchise. 218 hockey is the best and I love cheering for those kiddos. CEC hockey is the best πŸ€“πŸ‘. #myboys

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 pm
by kniven
east hockey wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am
My arthritis is worsening so expect more grammatical errors.....

Or were you taking about high school kids and not people who post on here? I would consider Karl, Lee, Elliot, Otown, kniven, etc key players.
Lee could be nearing retirement. His heart just isn't in the game these days, it seems.

Lee
It’s easy to get this way when the most talented player on your squad is the head coach. #lifestinks

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am
by goldy313
Talking about yourself in the third person is clearly sign of injury. The state may even have laws against participation due to a possible concussion without clearance by a health care professional.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am
by east hockey
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am
Talking about yourself in the third person is clearly sign of injury. The state may even have laws against participation due to a possible concussion without clearance by a health care professional.
Lee is not concerned. Lee easily ducks everything his wife throws at him. :mrgreen:

Lee

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am
by elliott70
east hockey wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am
Talking about yourself in the third person is clearly sign of injury. The state may even have laws against participation due to a possible concussion without clearance by a health care professional.
Lee is not concerned. Lee easily ducks everything his wife throws at him. :mrgreen:

Lee
Wait until you are asleep.

:mrgreen:

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 pm
by TTpuckster
elliott70 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am
east hockey wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am
Talking about yourself in the third person is clearly sign of injury. The state may even have laws against participation due to a possible concussion without clearance by a health care professional.
Lee is not concerned. Lee easily ducks everything his wife throws at him. :mrgreen:

Lee
Wait until you are asleep.

:mrgreen:
Sounds like you have experience with this...... :P

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:05 pm
by elliott70
TTpuckster wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 pm
elliott70 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am
east hockey wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am


Lee is not concerned. Lee easily ducks everything his wife throws at him. :mrgreen:

Lee
Wait until you are asleep.

:mrgreen:
Sounds like you have experience with this...... :P
Aye

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 am
by goldy313
east hockey wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am
Talking about yourself in the third person is clearly sign of injury. The state may even have laws against participation due to a possible concussion without clearance by a health care professional.
Lee is not concerned. Lee easily ducks everything his wife throws at him. :mrgreen:

Lee
Experience tells me her throwing will improve as you age. It will go from a Phil Niekro knuckleball to a Nolan Ryan fastball. Her arm will not got better but your reactions will get slower. Do not mock the wife! She can get you in so many ways!
Tread lightly my friend, they have so many ways to spy on us we thought were safe. She probably gets an alert every time you post......word to the wise......they are hands and feet far more coniving than us.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 am
by goldy313
east hockey wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am
My arthritis is worsening so expect more grammatical errors.....

Or were you taking about high school kids and not people who post on here? I would consider Karl, Lee, Elliot, Otown, kniven, etc key players.
Lee could be nearing retirement. His heart just isn't in the game these days, it seems.
As a friend of Bill W I wish you luck and success in finding a new interest.
Lee

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:53 pm
by muckandgrinder65
Heard J. Meiers has MCL injury.
No other details other than probably done with EL this Fall.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:20 pm
by east hockey
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:28 am
east hockey wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:14 am
goldy313 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am
My arthritis is worsening so expect more grammatical errors.....

Or were you taking about high school kids and not people who post on here? I would consider Karl, Lee, Elliot, Otown, kniven, etc key players.
Lee could be nearing retirement. His heart just isn't in the game these days, it seems.
As a friend of Bill W I wish you luck and success in finding a new interest.
Lee
Am working on one which will include not going to work every week day :mrgreen:

Lee

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:06 am
by bardown27
Hearing Carson Limesand was injured in HSEL last Wednesday vs. Shattuck. Can anyone confirm?

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 pm
by InThePipes
bardown27 wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:06 am
Hearing Carson Limesand was injured in HSEL last Wednesday vs. Shattuck. Can anyone confirm?
Looks like he's played relatively few minutes the entire HSEL season compared to the others...injury related or something else?

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:18 pm
by USA218
Heard Nate Warner dislocated his shoulder last weekend. Know he had surgery post-season last year on his shoulder. Hope it isn't long-term. Will be interesting to see if he plays any more HSEL games this fall.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:05 pm
by Hockeygoon00
Heard from a good Source Limesand could be out for the season possibly. Dealing with some hip problems. Hopefully he is ok.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:44 pm
by blueblood
That's unfortunate.

Re: Key player injuries 2019-20

Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:44 am
by HockeyCrazy1970
Limesand is a very skilled goalie positioned to be on a very successful team this season. He has been fighting an injury since clear back in the beginning of the HP Section 6 tryouts day 1. He battled for 10 minutes and left the ice. It was my understanding it is a groin issue.
USA Hockey continually states the young athlete needs to rest and play multiple sports. Here is a perfect example of a quality player who is injured all because of the 24/7/365 demands of the current status of hockey...He never heals and now sounds like he may be facing a season-ending injury. These kids are expected to finish the high school season, then try out for the long HP process, then summer camps and private sessions, then Elite League or Fall AAA or, or or...it never stops or ends. USA Hockey and sports science is full of articles on the mental impacts of never taking a break and early specialization which all leads to repetitive movement issues/breakdowns. Goalies, pitchers, and catchers especially.