Section 6A 2019-20

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

defense

Re: Section 6A 2019-20

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:20 pm

Mite-dad wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 am
Agree on the Otters. To me they were the team that improved the most during the year this year. Also agree that this year will finally be a year that LF can return to the tournament. They will 1. Have to stay out of trouble off the ice, and, 2. be in condition to play a full season. I think this year some of their top players ran out of gas from taking a pounding through the season. The Section tournament will be up for grabs and competitive I think. LF will get no bantam help next year as they all moved up this past year to play JV. That said, the JV squad was decent and has some kids that will move to varsity and contribute/fill some holes left by seniors leaving. Hopefully we have a full hockey season next year. The world is a weird place right now and living in fear. This virus needs to go away!! Take care everyone!
Flyers Otters... good game next year? Finally??
Otter Hockey Rocks

BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:28 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Little Falls will be a heavy favorite next year.
- Return 8 of their Top 10 Scorers (Including 3 40 point Forward Hirsch, Stevens & Gustafson)
- Return the best Goalie in the Section in Courture
- This Group went to A Bantam State 2 years ago as 2nd year Bantams

After that, it will be Alexandria and Fergus Falls
Alexandria
- Can Build Around 2 High-End Forwards (Westlund and Gronholz)
- Have Locken back in net who got a ton of experience
- Bring in the Best Class of Bantams their A Bantam and B1 Bantam teams both made State.
- Will need to rebuild the Blueline and find depth which those younger guys will offer.

My Sleeper is Fergus Falls!
- Return Everything! They only had 1 senior who played this year.
- Have a good core of scoring (DeBrito, Young Zeirden and Johnson)
- Bring back their main guy in net in Swenson who will only be a Sophomore
- Coach gets the most out of these guys. Look for the Otters be seriour threat next year!

After that would say Sartell
Took their lumps but played a bunch of young kids
- Walter, Lund lead the way on Offense.
- Webster, Hacker, McCabe played big minutes on the Blueline.
- Sigurdson emerged as their guy in net by the end.
- This group also made Bantam A State two years ago.
- Sartell played much better as year went on last year.

I would say that is your 4 teams to watch...

Cathedral ??
- They lost A TON!! (Smith, Warner, Perbix, Motzko, Bogenholm, Zins, Cumming) Those 7 Seniors were an amazing Class.
- Been told the top 3 Returners (Bell, Hiltner and Widman) ALL LEAVING EARLY/ Or Going Somewhere else.
- This will be the worst Cathedral team in long time. I doubt they make the semi-final next year.
- The Good Bantams all heading Public Next year.... To think people wanted them to be a AA Program is laughable.

River Lakes??
- Lost everything also (Howard, Dunnick, Stellmach, Blattner)
- Nothing coming up either from Bantams
- Going to be a long rebuild now for the Stars

Its Little Falls year with the Senior Class they will have followed by Alexandria & Fergus Falls... Dont sleep on Sartell either.
That will definitely make for an exciting Section if Cathedral falls that far! Can't wait for next season already provided this COVID-19 goes away. Hopefully everyone will be able to find some ice this summer and hone their skills.

defense

Post by defense » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:41 pm

BSUBeaver wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:28 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Little Falls will be a heavy favorite next year.
- Return 8 of their Top 10 Scorers (Including 3 40 point Forward Hirsch, Stevens & Gustafson)
- Return the best Goalie in the Section in Courture
- This Group went to A Bantam State 2 years ago as 2nd year Bantams

After that, it will be Alexandria and Fergus Falls
Alexandria
- Can Build Around 2 High-End Forwards (Westlund and Gronholz)
- Have Locken back in net who got a ton of experience
- Bring in the Best Class of Bantams their A Bantam and B1 Bantam teams both made State.
- Will need to rebuild the Blueline and find depth which those younger guys will offer.

My Sleeper is Fergus Falls!
- Return Everything! They only had 1 senior who played this year.
- Have a good core of scoring (DeBrito, Young Zeirden and Johnson)
- Bring back their main guy in net in Swenson who will only be a Sophomore
- Coach gets the most out of these guys. Look for the Otters be seriour threat next year!

After that would say Sartell
Took their lumps but played a bunch of young kids
- Walter, Lund lead the way on Offense.
- Webster, Hacker, McCabe played big minutes on the Blueline.
- Sigurdson emerged as their guy in net by the end.
- This group also made Bantam A State two years ago.
- Sartell played much better as year went on last year.

I would say that is your 4 teams to watch...

Cathedral ??
- They lost A TON!! (Smith, Warner, Perbix, Motzko, Bogenholm, Zins, Cumming) Those 7 Seniors were an amazing Class.
- Been told the top 3 Returners (Bell, Hiltner and Widman) ALL LEAVING EARLY/ Or Going Somewhere else.
- This will be the worst Cathedral team in long time. I doubt they make the semi-final next year.
- The Good Bantams all heading Public Next year.... To think people wanted them to be a AA Program is laughable.

River Lakes??
- Lost everything also (Howard, Dunnick, Stellmach, Blattner)
- Nothing coming up either from Bantams
- Going to be a long rebuild now for the Stars

Its Little Falls year with the Senior Class they will have followed by Alexandria & Fergus Falls... Dont sleep on Sartell either.
That will definitely make for an exciting Section if Cathedral falls that far! Can't wait for next season already provided this COVID-19 goes away. Hopefully everyone will be able to find some ice this summer and hone their skills.
Me too
Otter Hockey Rocks

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:04 am

defense wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:20 pm
Mite-dad wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 am
Agree on the Otters. To me they were the team that improved the most during the year this year. Also agree that this year will finally be a year that LF can return to the tournament. They will 1. Have to stay out of trouble off the ice, and, 2. be in condition to play a full season. I think this year some of their top players ran out of gas from taking a pounding through the season. The Section tournament will be up for grabs and competitive I think. LF will get no bantam help next year as they all moved up this past year to play JV. That said, the JV squad was decent and has some kids that will move to varsity and contribute/fill some holes left by seniors leaving. Hopefully we have a full hockey season next year. The world is a weird place right now and living in fear. This virus needs to go away!! Take care everyone!
Flyers Otters... good game next year? Finally??
Were you at the last game between the two at the Sexchan....I mean Exchange Arena? Was a good competitive game!

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:07 pm

I would go Little Falls and Alexandria as 1A and 1B in either order. Alexandria has much more depth and those Bantams have loads of talent. It may look like Little Falls section through the first half of the season, but Alexandria will come on strong. Fergus does have some talent, but just don't believe they have the depth.

defense

Post by defense » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Otters will rise
Otter Hockey Rocks

defense

Post by defense » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:53 pm

And when they dont.. I will not point fingers at the Flyers or Crusaders or Cards for grabbing transfers lol
Otter Hockey Rocks

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm

defense wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:53 pm
And when they dont.. I will not point fingers at the Flyers or Crusaders or Cards for grabbing transfers lol
=D> I will say that when they are not playing my Cardinals, I do root for the Otters. I have met so many cool parents from Fergus and my business sees a lot of Fergus people as well. Fergus is almost like a sister city to Alex.

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:03 pm

zooomx wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm
defense wrote:
=D> I will say that when they are not playing my Cardinals, I do root for the Otters. I have met so many cool parents from Fergus and my business sees a lot of Fergus people as well. Fergus is almost like a sister city to Alex.
BUT do they have anything to match Garden Center Lanes? We used to go there for a bowling tournament every May. Fun place to visit.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:53 am

east hockey wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:03 pm
zooomx wrote:
defense wrote:
BUT do they have anything to match Garden Center Lanes? We used to go there for a bowling tournament every May. Fun place to visit.

Lee
Its Mac Daddy's in Alex
Otter Hockey Rocks

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 am

east hockey wrote:
zooomx wrote:
defense wrote:

Lee
Northern air lanes?? That is FF
Otter Hockey Rocks

zooomx

Post by zooomx » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am

defense wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:53 am
east hockey wrote:
zooomx wrote:

Lee
Its Mac Daddy's in Alex
Actually, it's Fat Daddy's, which is same owner as Garden Center Lanes. I own the joint across the street. We feed lots of bowlers this time of year (except right now.)

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:51 pm

zooomx wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:59 am
defense wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:53 am
east hockey wrote:

Lee
Its Mac Daddy's in Alex
Actually, it's Fat Daddy's, which is same owner as Garden Center Lanes. I own the joint across the street. We feed lots of bowlers this time of year (except right now.)
I haven't been there for years. Fun fact on how the two programs are related: Fergus coach on the 80's actually lived in Alex and I'm pretty sure he did a bunch of stuff for Alex hockey after his time at Fergus. Cullen maybe??
Otter Hockey Rocks

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Agree FF parents are top notch! At least those I've met over the years.