Signed Tenders

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Signed Tenders

Post by BP »

I'll start a list of MN HS players tendering for juniors - if you know any that pop up - please comment.

1) Luke Kron - Andover - MN Magicians (NAHL)
2) Mason Wheeler- Rosemount - MN Magicians (NAHL)
3) Owen Neuharth - Academy of Holy Angels - Fairbanks (NAHL)
4) Hunter Jones - Andover - Bismarck (NAHL)
5) Will Magnuson - Chaska - Bismarck (NAHL)
6) Charlie Strobel - Hill-Murray - Bismarck (NAHL)
7) McClain Beaudette - STA - MN Wilderness (NAHL)
8 ) Andrew Boemer - STA - MN Wilderness (NAHL)
9) Kaleb Welvaert - Marshall - Fairbanks (NAHL)
10) Will Svenddal - Blake - MN Magicians (NAHL)
11) Cole Hansen - Blaine - MN Wilderness (NAHL)
Last edited by BP on Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
muckandgrinder65

Re: Signed Tenders

Post by muckandgrinder65 »

Heard that Bismarck may have signed 2 or 3 from MN??
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Beaudette (Wilderness) and Boehmer of STA according to a Twitter note I saw.
Be kind. Rewind.
BP

Post by BP »

Per Twitter - Kaleb Welvaert of Marshall tendered with Fairbanks.
BP

Post by BP »

Will Svenddal and Cole Hansen added - per Twitter yesterday.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

More information on Tenders:

Each NAHL team is allotted up to 10 tenders starting on November 1st of each year.

Tenders in the NAHL are different than tenders in the USHL. In the USHL a team can use one tender a year. I believe USHL tenders are required to appear in at least 50% of the games and teams give up their first round draft pick for them. Extremely valuable. NAHL tenders are for only 10 games and teams don't give up a draft pick for them. Now, under that type of system where 10 tenders are signed before the draft you could make the case that first round draft picks are actually the teams 11th pick, so there is that. There are a lot of NAHL tenders who hit their ten games and are then released, healthy scratched, land in the NCDC or Canadian Jr A, go back to AAA or Tier 3, etc.. An NAHL tender is no guarantee you will stick but it gives you a chance to prove you belong. I paraphrased someone else's comments on another site. GB
BP

Post by BP »

GoldenBear wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:08 pm More information on Tenders:

Each NAHL team is allotted up to 10 tenders starting on November 1st of each year.

Tenders in the NAHL are different than tenders in the USHL. In the USHL a team can use one tender a year. I believe USHL tenders are required to appear in at least 50% of the games and teams give up their first round draft pick for them. Extremely valuable. NAHL tenders are for only 10 games and teams don't give up a draft pick for them. Now, under that type of system where 10 tenders are signed before the draft you could make the case that first round draft picks are actually the teams 11th pick, so there is that. There are a lot of NAHL tenders who hit their ten games and are then released, healthy scratched, land in the NCDC or Canadian Jr A, go back to AAA or Tier 3, etc.. An NAHL tender is no guarantee you will stick but it gives you a chance to prove you belong. I paraphrased someone else's comments on another site. GB
All of that USHL info is dead on. I don't think the NAHL stuff is - unless they changed the rule in the past season. A MN kid signed a tender with an eastern NAHL team and was cut in tryouts for last season. Again - may have changed.