North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 pm

When did this happen? And where was I? Obviously this year. I thought they'd just move down to A like Tartan did. Why didn't they combine with Tartan like they did on the girls? Seems really strange to me. Anyone know the story?

pioneers
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: St Paul

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by pioneers » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Sparlimb wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:32 pm
When did this happen? And where was I? Obviously this year. I thought they'd just move down to A like Tartan did. Why didn't they combine with Tartan like they did on the girls? Seems really strange to me. Anyone know the story?
Tartan would not combine with them.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

greenwayraider
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 am
Location: Bovey

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by greenwayraider » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 pm

I’m surprised the school board allowed this since Tartan and North are in the same school district. Does not make any sense. I’m sure interested to know how and why this decision was made.

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Before they rebuilt part of North St. Paul's actual building, they talked about building a super school (ala Stillwater and WBL, etc) and combining the two schools. That's what the rest of the metro has done, so I was surprised when they chose to stick it out as separate entities. I wonder if Tartan made the choice to go to A before the request came in and this would have bumped them back up to AA and so they said no.

stpaul
Posts: 1100
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 am

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by stpaul » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Tartan's enrollment is 1700. How do they qualify for Class A?

Sparlimb
Posts: 1781
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:11 am

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Thought somebody said last year they were somehow able to ask to move down, which they did. It struck me as odd, because Tartan has had some pretty decent teams the last few years. Not state contenders, but solid 4 seeds.

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 726
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Sparlimb wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Thought somebody said last year they were somehow able to ask to move down, which they did. It struck me as odd, because Tartan has had some pretty decent teams the last few years. Not state contenders, but solid 4 seeds.
There are many section where a 4 seed doesn't mean much at all.

Mnnstar
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Re: North St. Paul combined with Minnehaha???

Post by Mnnstar » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 am

stpaul wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:37 pm
Tartan's enrollment is 1700. How do they qualify for Class A?
Based on free and reduced lunch.
That's why all of the St. Paul schools play down in the other sports like football and basketball even though their enrollments hover around 2000.

Post Reply