DOUG WOOG

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

nu2hockey

DOUG WOOG

Post by nu2hockey »

Condolences and heartfelt wishes to the Woog family...
SEC Scotty

Re: DOUG WOOG

Post by SEC Scotty »

It’s a sad day for Minnesota Hockey. RIP Wooger.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Sad indeed. I saw this on the 9 pm news. A man who dedicated his whole life to hockey. I particularly enjoyed his commentary & banter on the Gopher broadcasts.
God rest his soul in puck heaven. I'm sure Herbie & Marinucci + so many others are waiting to welcome him to the table. :cry:
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

The man is a legend in Minnesota hockey. I even enjoyed his commentary on FSN for a number of years. Condolences to his family and Minnesota has lost a good one.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Coach Woog was such a nice guy.
In the 90's my son and I were in the TC with some time on our hands. We stopped a the Mariucci Arena to see it as we had never been. Well, it was all locked up. We tried several doors. We turned and were walking away and I heard, "Hey Mark, you want to get inside?"
It was coach Woog. We had met a few times but never thought he would remember me. He unlocked a door and took us down to the locker room and basically gave us a mini-tour even though he had been on his way out. My son thought it and he were the greatest thing. So did I.

My prayers for Coach and his family.
Last edited by elliott70 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

elliott70 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:37 am Coach Woog was a such a nice guy.
In the 90's my son and I were in the TC with some time on our hands. We stopped a the Mariucci Arena to see it as we had never been. Well, it was all locked up. We tried several doors. We turned and were walking away and I heard, "Hey Mark, you want to get inside?"
It was coach Woog. We had met a few times but never thought he would remember me. He unlocked a door and took us down to the locker room and basically gave us a mini-tour even though he had been on his way out. My son thought it and he were the greatest thing. So did I.

My prayers for Coach and his family.
Very nice story on the Wooger. Helluva guy will be missed for sure. RIP Wooger!
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Wooger was the keynote speaker on Thursday night for the 8 team banquet preceding the 2005 MAHA Bantam A State Tournament (in New Ulm) which my oldest son participated in. He told some Dougie storys and made everyone feel welcome. Doug loved hockey, especially MN Hockey & Gopher Hockey. A regular guy & a good guy. He will be missed ☝️RIP Wogger...
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

My kind of guy as he allowed the guys to drink beer on the bus coming from a sweep of the Badgers in Madison not to mention putting $100 bills in their hats occasionally . RIP Coach! GB