Games Tuesady 12/17/19

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ClassAGuy

Re: Games Tuesady 12/17/19

Post by ClassAGuy »

Orono 5 Holy Family 2

Orono is on roll can make big statement on Thursday when they get their chance to take down the defending champs!
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Alex. & St. Cloud 2-2 3rd. per.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

Alex. over St. Cloud 4-3 ot. 18 penalties in the game. St. Cloud player 10 min. misconduct for fighting in ot. but Alex. scored the winner short-handed. (according to the Hub)
Pertyboy

Post by Pertyboy »

O
Last edited by Pertyboy on Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

greenwayraider wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm Where is East’s scoring coming from?
Tonight, it came from the blue line--3 goals on shots from defensemen from the point. None tipped, but all at least partially screened. A forward got the ENG. East looked pretty sharp despite ongoing line shuffling. They gave up very little defensively, had a great night from Kausch in net, and the offensive puck movement is improving.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Per Up North Hockey:

"Cloquet-Esko-Carlton (3)
Hibbing-Chisholm (1)

Final

Close game to the finish. 1-1 after 2 periods with the 3rd goal for the Lumberjacks being an empty netter"

Dang, good showing by Hibbing vs Knivsy's purple.
Eastgreaser

Post by Eastgreaser »

raidergrad72 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 pm Alex. over St. Cloud 4-3 ot. 18 penalties in the game. St. Cloud player 10 min. misconduct for fighting in ot. but Alex. scored the winner short-handed. (according to the Hub)

That’s cathedral hockey...undisciplined and full of penalties.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Eastgreaser wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:30 pm
raidergrad72 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 pm Alex. over St. Cloud 4-3 ot. 18 penalties in the game. St. Cloud player 10 min. misconduct for fighting in ot. but Alex. scored the winner short-handed. (according to the Hub)

You’re an idiot. They didn’t play cathedral
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

bardown27 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:03 am

As pointed out Alexandria played St Cloud (Tech/Apollo) not Cathedral. Went to go see if I could find the fight as the game was streamed. Instead found something even more disappointing. Alexandria benefited from after taking their own 8th penalty of the game in OT scoring shorthanded on a goalie misplay of the puck. Its after that though that is not good. The Alexandria kid skates away from his teammates and passes by his own bench to go celebrate in front of the St Cloud Bench which caused the tension. Not a good look. Looked like an even game the rematch is going to be salty it looks like the coaches got into afterwards.

Take a look for yourself not a good look by Alexandria:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6s8lrVWmBY
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Sparlimb wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm Well that was an ugly end. WBL wins 3-2 in OT.

Game was essentially even. If they have similar records, WBL earned the top seed in the section. I would imagine the next one will be a one goal affair too. Neither team stood out.
Great ending from the North Side of the ice.
Was a good game though.
Sam Newpower had a terrific game for the Bears.
Like the sophomore Begley on the blue line for the Pioneers. Where is he from?
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

SEC Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:32 am
Sparlimb wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm Well that was an ugly end. WBL wins 3-2 in OT.

Game was essentially even. If they have similar records, WBL earned the top seed in the section. I would imagine the next one will be a one goal affair too. Neither team stood out.
Great ending from the North Side of the ice.
Was a good game though.
Sam Newpower had a terrific game for the Bears.
Like the sophomore Begley on the blue line for the Pioneers. Where is he from?
Mahtomedi, his brother played there.
kniven

Post by kniven »

rainier2 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:42 pm Per Up North Hockey:

Hibbing-Chisholm (1)

Final

Close game to the finish. 1-1 after 2 periods with the 3rd goal for the Lumberjacks being an empty netter"

Shea Walters is a Hibbing boy so Hibbing probably had some extra motivation there. Nicely done, Hibbing. There’s nothing wrong with making a squad earn it 👍. #CECpuckhomer #218hockey #boysofthenorth
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

kniven wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am

Hibbing-Chisholm (1)

Final

Shea Walters is a Hibbing boy so Hibbing probably had some extra motivation there. Nicely done, Hibbing. There’s nothing wrong with making a squad earn it 👍. #CECpuckhomer #218hockey #boysofthenorth
And CEC's best player played in Hibbing the first 14 years of his life, so that may have added some motivation also, but who knows? Too bad Hibbing didn't win, it could have been the keystone game for this year's "Abusing the Transitive Property" post. :D
kniven

Post by kniven »

rainier2 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:12 am
kniven wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am

Hibbing-Chisholm (1)

Final

And CEC's best player played in Hibbing the first 14 years of his life, so that may have added some motivation also, but who knows? Too bad Hibbing didn't win, it could have been the keystone game for this year's "Abusing the Transitive Property" post. :D
Yes. I remember meeting him for the first time in our rink. He, Mason Langenbrunner and the boys came to say hi. It’s a great memory for me that moment for sure !
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Sparlimb wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Agree . Even game. Back and forth , Either could have won . Bears seemed to have a little more jump in the OT. Nice that it was a clean one timer by Rose to win it .To sum it up from someone with no dog in the fight- another great game between the greatest of metro rivals in the best metro venue. Will be back at the end of February for the Section final between the same two in front of 3500 .
kniven

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 am

Agree . Even game. Back and forth , Either could have won . Bears seemed to have a little more jump in the OT. Nice that it was a clean one timer by Rose to win it .To sum it up from someone with no dog in the fight- another great game between the greatest of metro rivals in the best metro venue. Will be back at the end of February for the Section final between the same two in front of 3500 .
Some day I’m going to get to one of these games.
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Agree WM. Aldrich is my favorite arena in the metro to watch a high school game. Been doing it for forty years.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

ClassAGuy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 am
bardown27 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:03 am

As pointed out Alexandria played St Cloud (Tech/Apollo) not Cathedral. Went to go see if I could find the fight as the game was streamed. Instead found something even more disappointing. Alexandria benefited from after taking their own 8th penalty of the game in OT scoring shorthanded on a goalie misplay of the puck. Its after that though that is not good. The Alexandria kid skates away from his teammates and passes by his own bench to go celebrate in front of the St Cloud Bench which caused the tension. Not a good look. Looked like an even game the rematch is going to be salty it looks like the coaches got into afterwards.

Take a look for yourself not a good look by Alexandria:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6s8lrVWmBY
Geez, guess I started a little firestorm on here last night. I had forgotten about St. Cloud Apollo/Tech & I'd thought this game was Cathedral myself. Next time I post something like that I'll be sure to try to remember.
Also, sometimes the Hub is all over the place with scores; I don't know where they got some of those numbers last night but most of the time that's all we can rely on without some sort of media stream.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

SEC Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Agree WM. Aldrich is my favorite arena in the metro to watch a high school game. Been doing it for forty years.
Aldrich may be my favorite arena in the high school group too. It's big enough to hold a large crowd, but small enough to not suffer from the Mariucci high school game syndrome.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Sparlimb wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:58 pm
SEC Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 pm

Aldrich may be my favorite arena in the high school group too. It's big enough to hold a large crowd, but small enough to not suffer from the Mariucci high school game syndrome.
It’s absolutely perfect for the 5AA FINAL☝️(where it’s truly a neutral site for all the teams). Loud & Packed & Nostalgic
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Read the Bears had the flu bug entering this game. Only 12 of 36 skaters took part in the morning skate.