Bemidji at Moorhead

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jdh

Bemidji at Moorhead

Post by jdh »

Lumberjacks giving Moorhead all they want. Tied at 1, three minutes left.
jdh

Re: Bemidji at Moorhead

Post by jdh »

Moorhead now up 2-1
jdh

Post by jdh »

3-1 ,en, gallant effort by the Jacks.
jdh

Post by jdh »

Roseau over Brainerd 2-1 in OT, SHORT HANDED GOAL.
50in15

Post by 50in15 »

Was anyone At the Moorhead game to provide some insight? Unbelievable, it was tied that late!
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I did see the stream. All hats off go to the Bemidji goalie. He completely stood on his head. That should have been an 8-0 game but he just refused to break. Shots were 55-17 per The Hub. Numerous great saves on loose pucks in close, deflections labeled for corners......you name it. One of the best goaltending outings I’ve seen in a while.
Potatohead9

Post by Potatohead9 »

50in15 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:42 pm Was anyone At the Moorhead game to provide some insight? Unbelievable, it was tied that late!
Bemidji’s goalie played very good. Bemidji stayed out of the box for most of the game. Scoring chances were probably 25-5 with shots 50+ to 15 for Moorhead. At times Moorhead looked like they were playing a JV team cycling the puck at will in Bemidji’s zone but failing miserably at scoring. Caden Triggs Spuds top scorer sat out the first period for disciplinary reasons. Hodges looked shaky in the net... I agree with section8. This game should have been much higher score. Good to see a strong finish for Bemidji hopefully they can build on this for next year.
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

Did Bemidji have a goal waved off that would have made 2-0? Good call, controversy??
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

No controversy I don’t think. Clear guy in the crease. The puck was 15 feet from the net still when the ref blew his whistle.
Green and White Fan

I just saw a replay. Can't tell when the whistle blows, but it certainly appears the Bemidji player was pushed into the crease and goalie and the red light does come on, which means the clock hadn't stopped yet for a whistle. That would have really made things interesting if it would have went 2-0.
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Green and White Fan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:15 pm I just saw a replay. Can't tell when the whistle blows, but it certainly appears the Bemidji player was pushed into the crease and goalie and the red light does come on, which means the clock hadn't stopped yet for a whistle. That would have really made things interesting if it would have went 2-0.
Where'd you see the replay? Would like to see it.
Green and White Fan

I am not techy enough to know how to post it!
Green and White Fan

It is on Youtube on Spuds TV, you could watch the entire game there.
Green and White Fan

About 1 hour 1 minute into the telecast is when the goal is disallowed. Certainly appears as if the Bemidji player is out of the crease and pushed into the goalie.
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

Green and White Fan wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:03 pm About 1 hour 1 minute into the telecast is when the goal is disallowed. Certainly appears as if the Bemidji player is out of the crease and pushed into the goalie.
That is my take as well.
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

If they had a human goal judge the red light coming on is irrelevant to if the whistle blew. Only the green light is synched with the clock when the buzzer sounds as time expires. Haven’t seen the video though
Green and White Fan

A lot of times the red light is synced to the clock and if the clock is stopped the red light won't come on. But things happens so fast that the whistle could have blown and the red light come on before the clock operator stopped it. Another aspect and I don't know one ref that would consciously make a wrong call to help one team over another, but with that said, I do not think especially in section games and playoff games, that Moorhead or any town should use hometown refs to officiate. Get out of town refs, so that element can not be talked about.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Green and White Fan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 am A lot of times the red light is synced to the clock and if the clock is stopped the red light won't come on. But things happens so fast that the whistle could have blown and the red light come on before the clock operator stopped it. Another aspect and I don't know one ref that would consciously make a wrong call to help one team over another, but with that said, I do not think especially in section games and playoff games, that Moorhead or any town should use hometown refs to officiate. Get out of town refs, so that element can not be talked about.

Green and White Fan, I assumed playoffs that officials had to come out of other sections in the state for all games? Is that a section by section call to make?
Green and White Fan

I would certainly think the section would be involved with getting section officials. Moorhead is a big town, but I just feel they nor any other town should have officials from their hometown reffing a playoff game. I know it is common to play section regular season games in Bemidji, Brainerd and Moorhead that I know of and have hometown refs. In Roseau for instance, we do use hometown officials often for non section games, but even regular season section games, we make sure our officials are from out of town. It just takes that element of "bad" calls by "homer" officials out of the equation.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

I’ve talked to multiple people that were at the game. The shot in question was 20 feet plus from the net when the whistle blew. That’s pretty much all that matters as the players likely stopped at that point. It can’t be proven that they did. It can’t be proven that they didn’t. The Bemidji fans in the building didn’t react as strongly as the comments here which probably tells you all you need to know.

But don’t let any of that get in the way of your transparent holier than thou agenda. Carry on.

High school arenas with red lights synced to the Scoreboard and officials coming from hundreds of miles away to provide purity in Roseau. I expect stuff like that from 7.......I expect more from you GW. Come on. Be better.
7TIMECHAMPS

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS »

Section 8 guy wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:01 pm I’ve talked to multiple people that were at the game. The shot in question was 20 feet plus from the net when the whistle blew. That’s pretty much all that matters as the players likely stopped at that point. It can’t be proven that they did. It can’t be proven that they didn’t. The Bemidji fans in the building didn’t react as strongly as the comments here which probably tells you all you need to know.

But don’t let any of that get in the way of your transparent holier than thou agenda. Carry on.

High school arenas with red lights synced to the Scoreboard and officials coming from hundreds of miles away to provide purity in Roseau. I expect stuff like that from 7.......I expect more from you GW. Come on. Be better.
Screw you 8. You think pretty highly of yourself don’t you?

For how smart you are you’d think you would have just went and watched the video. You can hear the whistle blow loud and clear. Would have saved you and some of your little buddies (Moorhead parents that I’m sure give an unbiased account) some time. You are right the whistle blows before the puck goes in the net. However, the puck is already in the air when the whistle blows, everybody is still playing. You are wrong about that part. Also the whistle should have never blown in the first place. The Moorhead defender clearly pushes the Bemidji player into the goalie. Again go watch the video. Nobody take my word for it, go watch for yourself and form your own opinion. My thought is 9 times out of 10 there is no whistle and that’s a good goal.

FYI it is at spuds tv on YouTube and about 1:01:45 should do it.

My thought is every person that comes out of watching that video and reading your account of it thinks a little less of you, and rightfully so after you took an unprovoked shot at me for the second time drug me into this (the first time I think you got me mixed up with a section 7 fan). I hope this doesn’t damage the image you must think you have of being this straightforward analytical brain trust.

Also if it were such an obvious call why would one of your horrible announcers think it was waved off for a high stick?

And for the record Roseau does in fact use out of town officials for all section games and playoff games. Sometimes they are from well over a hundred miles away. Sometimes they are from Warroad. Point is if Roseau can pay for a little mileage you would think Moorhead with all their money and foundations etc could scrape a few bucks together a couple times a year to buy gas huh? And I have no idea on the clock thing but I don’t need it. I can see and hear for myself that it was a bang bang play. You’re delusional if you can’t see that in the video. I would bet money the puck hits twine before they flip the switch on the clock. But the thing is having this discussion distracts from the fact that the whistle should have never blown in the first place.

I didn’t even want to be in this discussion. Moorhead won and is the better team, but that was a questionable call and your efforts to portray it otherwise are laughable. So there are my two cents since you more or less asked for it.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Getting a little intense in here. Good luck Saturday guys.