YHH Podcast for 2/23/20

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

YHH Podcast for 2/23/20

Post by karl(east) »

Today's marathon podcast includes:

-A rundown of nearly all of the playoff games in the past week
-Our comments on the Mr. Hockey and Brimsek selections
-Previews of section finals this coming week

Lots of juicy stuff. Have a listen: https://www.youthhockeyhub.com/news_art ... ow/1089536

Note that the page also includes times for the various chapters in the even that you don't have the free time to listen to two hours straight of HS hockey blather.
Joe2015

Re: YHH Podcast for 2/23/20

Post by Joe2015 »

Nice way to burn two hours while working a night shift
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Best line of the podcast (Danny) responding to Karl East noting that the Andover vs ER game is scheduled for Amsoil a neutral site arena...”Neutral next to you”🤣
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Quotes of the week NSFW
TS: “Hard on the staff”
Danny: “ASPCA Greyhounds”

One of the best of the year fellas...keep up the good work!
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Another funny line from the podcast Tony “The last time DE lost in in 7AA quarterfinals, I was in grad school”. Danny then retorts inquisitively “You were in grad school?” 😉 :lol:
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Good stuff as always, fellas.

Danny, I didn’t mean to slam your pick of Minneapolis last week so much as I objected to Breck being described as not feeling like a three seed. In other sections, yes, but 2A is not that good behind the top two. The Mustangs don’t have any great wins, but they did beat Armstrong/Cooper (5-4) and Minneapolis (8-2), which is why they ended up at #3. They also did thrash North Branch 7-2 at the end of the year, for whatever that’s worth. I’m not holding my breath on them pulling the upset over Delano, but I wouldn’t be shocked as Tony made it out to be. (And bold pick by you for the upset!)

Oh, and Mound Westonka absolutely HATES Breck, so I wasn’t too surprised to hear about the dad cheering hard for Minneapolis. Mound Westonka has refused to schedule Breck for about a decade now, despite being in the same section.
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

Stang5280 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:47 pm Good stuff as always, fellas.

Danny, I didn’t mean to slam your pick of Minneapolis last week so much as I objected to Breck being described as not feeling like a three seed. In other sections, yes, but 2A is not that good behind the top two. The Mustangs don’t have any great wins, but they did beat Armstrong/Cooper (5-4) and Minneapolis (8-2), which is why they ended up at #3. They also did thrash North Branch 7-2 at the end of the year, for whatever that’s worth. I’m not holding my breath on them pulling the upset over Delano, but I wouldn’t be shocked as Tony made it out to be. (And bold pick by you for the upset!)

Oh, and Mound Westonka absolutely HATES Breck, so I wasn’t too surprised to hear about the dad cheering hard for Minneapolis. Mound Westonka has refused to schedule Breck for about a decade now, despite being in the same section.
Oh no no Stanger, we just gave Karl a hard time all last week because every upset pick we had he had an answer on why that would not happen. So we all thought it was funny that it happened again later. I like the way Breck played last Friday so I will stand by my pick and I will be cheering for Breck as my best friend went there so I know a lot of grads.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

SquirtC'00 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Oh no no Stanger, we just gave Karl a hard time all last week because every upset pick we had he had an answer on why that would not happen. So we all thought it was funny that it happened again later. I like the way Breck played last Friday so I will stand by my pick and I will be cheering for Breck as my best friend went there so I know a lot of grads.
Another bold and inaccurate upset pick by Danny. What else is new? :P

We'll quietly ignore the fact that I had Orono winning this section...
SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 »

karl(east) wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 pm

If you don't swing at the pitch you can't get a hit...
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

SquirtC'00 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:47 am
karl(east) wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 pm

If you don't swing at the pitch you can't get a hit...
I enjoy leading the league in walks every season.