top AA players to watch

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

top AA players to watch

Post by elliott70 »

Cade Ahrenholz
Lakeville South | Junior | Forward
Griffin Ludtke
Lakeville South | Junior | Defenseman
Cody Ticen
Lakeville South | Junior | Goaltender

Jack Sabre
Blake | Senior | Forward
Ben Dexheimer
Blake | Senior | Defenseman
Gavin Best
Blake | Senior | Forward
Will Svenddal
Blake | Senior | Defenseman
Joe Miller
Blake | Junior | Forward

Hunter Jones
Andover | Senior | Forward
Gunnar Thoreson
Mitchell Wolfe
Andover | Senior | Defenseman
Wyatt Kaiser
Andover | Senior | Defenseman

Henry Nelson
Maple Grove | Junior | Defenseman

Joe Palodichuk
Hill-Murray | Junior | Defenseman
Charlie Strobel
Hill-Murray | Senior | Forward
Nick Pierre
Hill-Murray | Sophomore | Forward

Jackson Blake
Eden Prairie | Sophomore | Forward
Carter Batchelder
Eden Prairie | Junior | Forward
Luke Mittelstadt
Eden Prairie | Junior | Defensemanior
John Mittelstadt
Eden Prairie | Senior | Forward
Ben Steeves
Eden Prairie | Senior | Forward

Jackson Hallum
St. Thomas Academy | Junior | Forward
Tommy Aitken
St. Thomas Academy | Senior | Goaltender

Caden Triggs
Moorhead | Senior | Forward
Luke Gramer
Moorhead | Senior | Defenseman
Hudson Hodges
Moorhead | Senior | Goaltender

Luke Kron
Remington Keopple
Hill-Murray | Senior | Goaltender
Section 8 guy

Re: top AA players to watch

Post by Section 8 guy »

Is this off of the Strib top 50?
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

Looks like it.

I would add Junior Fowrward Garrett Schifsky to the Andover list. Leads the team in goals and kid has a motor.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Eden Prairie
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Anyone hear Gleason between periods of the first game today? They asked him how even was the AA field and how hard is it to make it to state. He said its completely unfair they are in such a hard section and that there were too many good teams. I thought, they lost in the semis to the section runner up. Just thought it was interesting to hear from the presumed Mr. Hockey.
6AAGuy

Post by 6AAGuy »

I'd like to see the interview. Would be surprised if he was complaining...I'd also add that it is a little awkward that Lakeville South (or North) so frequently makes it to the X each year. Watching them get destroyed by EP here in the Quarters kind of emphasizes it as well.
Gleason is right though--there's no doubt that this year--and many years--6AA is the toughest section there is. At least 3 teams from that section would make a legitimate run in State this year.
WBLPuck99

Post by WBLPuck99 »

6AAGuy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:11 pm I'd like to see the interview. Would be surprised if he was complaining...I'd also add that it is a little awkward that Lakeville South (or North) so frequently makes it to the X each year. Watching them get destroyed by EP here in the Quarters kind of emphasizes it as well.
Gleason is right though--there's no doubt that this year--and many years--6AA is the toughest section there is. At least 3 teams from that section would make a legitimate run in State this year.
I feel like the same argument could have been made at various times about 2AA, 3AA, 4AA, and so on.

It's just shifting baseline syndrome for everyone. This year he was probably right, but in a lot of years you could glance at sections and say -- wow, that one is packed. And it's a different section every so often.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

WBLPuck99 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:38 am
6AAGuy wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:11 pm I'd like to see the interview. Would be surprised if he was complaining...I'd also add that it is a little awkward that Lakeville South (or North) so frequently makes it to the X each year. Watching them get destroyed by EP here in the Quarters kind of emphasizes it as well.
I feel like the same argument could have been made at various times about 2AA, 3AA, 4AA, and so on.

It's just shifting baseline syndrome for everyone. This year he was probably right, but in a lot of years you could glance at sections and say -- wow, that one is packed. And it's a different section every so often.
Which is exactly the point. The high school league can't redo sections every year based on talent. If you want that, then you'd have to seed them 1-64 and you'd get Roseau and Hastings playing in a second round game in Buffalo that no one attends. I'm not sure why a St. Paul school like Cretin got shoved over there (they belong in 3AA or 4AA), but I don't make those decisions.
mnhockfan99

Post by mnhockfan99 »

[quote=Sparlimb post_id=745961 time=1583441542 user_id=136]
Anyone hear Gleason between periods of the first game today? They asked him how even was the AA field and how hard is it to make it to state. He said its completely unfair they are in such a hard section and that there were too many good teams. I thought, they lost in the semis to the section runner up. Just thought it was interesting to hear from the presumed Mr. Hockey.
[/quote]

Interesting tidbit that I wasn't aware of until recently is a friend who has a kid on CDH said they are in that section because Cretin has a co-op for swimming I think it was with a school(s) in that area thus why they are stuck there. Maybe someone else knows more but the guy is pretty with it and honest generally.