2020-21 Early Rankings: SWEET SIXTEEN

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Falcon_hockey

Re: 2020-21 Early Rankings: SWEET SIXTEEN

Post by Falcon_hockey »

Mite-dad wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:31 pm
O-townClown wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:30 am YHH Early Projections

A
1 Hermantown
2 Warroad
3 East Grand Forks
4 Mahtomedi
5 Duluth Denfeld
6 Little Falls
7 Dodge County
8 Delano
9 Alexandria
10 Orono

AA
1 Eden Prairie
2 Maple Grove
3 Hill-Murray
4 Lakeville South
5 Prior Lake
6 Grand Rapids
7 St. Thomas Academy
8 Benilde-St. Margaret's
9 Roseau
10 Cretin-Derham Hall
So which A team pulls the Hermantown upset next season?
Armstrong Cooper will have a strong team again next year. Tons of talent coming up from a Bantam A team that was top 10 all year.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

TTpuckster wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:17 am

A
1 Hermantown
2 Warroad
3 East Grand Forks
4 Mahtomedi
5 Duluth Denfeld
6 Little Falls
7 Dodge County
8 Delano
9 Alexandria
10 Orono
I know I'm biased, but I am a little skeptical of Warroad for next year. Losing Slykunsky is a big blow to the team.
EGF will now have Parker as a senior, Ausmus as a Junior, and Panzer as a sophmore.
I think I would put EGF ahead of them for next year, but as most people have said, it is way to early to be thinking about this, (even though I am :mrgreen: ).
I tend to agree with you, TT. I am planning on doing my own way-too-early preseason Class A rankings sometime soon, but I might even go so far as to have EGF at #1. YHH tends to overreact to incoming Bantams or young talent, and those players tend to take some time to adjust to HS competition.

Those rankings on Little Falls and Dodge County seem a little aggressive to me, and Mahtomedi also loses a big senior class. Conversely, Delano brings almost everyone back, and I would have them at least at #6.
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

BP wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 pm
Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:15 pm I don't have my finger on the pulse of early departures, so can someone tell me if there is buzz about whether or not Joe Miller comes back to Blake? If he comes back I think they'll be really good again. They have some quality young players who were role players this year but have the talent to be more. Also, Reid was a Junior this year if I'm not mistaken? Thanks for posting this thread. Even though it's way too early, it's always fun to speculate about the future.
Miller is doing before and after next season.
That's awesome to hear!
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Falcon_hockey wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:53 pm

A
1 Hermantown
2 Warroad
3 East Grand Forks
4 Mahtomedi
5 Duluth Denfeld
6 Little Falls
7 Dodge County
8 Delano
9 Alexandria
10 Orono

AA
1 Eden Prairie
2 Maple Grove
3 Hill-Murray
4 Lakeville South
5 Prior Lake
6 Grand Rapids
7 St. Thomas Academy
8 Benilde-St. Margaret's
9 Roseau
10 Cretin-Derham Hall
Armstrong Cooper will have a strong team again next year. Tons of talent coming up from a Bantam A team that was top 10 all year.
True, their best all-around player from that BA group is at BSM though. They had a really good group of first years on that team, I dunno if any are planning on jumping up to Varsity / JV though. The 9th graders had 4-5 kids who could see significant time on Varsity next year.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

A
1 Hermantown
2 Warroad
3 East Grand Forks
4 Mahtomedi
5 Duluth Denfeld
6 Little Falls
7 Dodge County
8 Delano
9 Alexandria
10 Orono

AA
1 Eden Prairie
2 Maple Grove
3 Hill-Murray
4 Lakeville South
5 Prior Lake
6 Grand Rapids
7 St. Thomas Academy
8 Benilde-St. Margaret's
9 Roseau
10 Cretin-Derham Hall
Not sold on Dodge County, they play a terrible schedule where their only tough competition are the Rochester Schools. I get that Lamb is a good player but he feasted on the Little Sisters of the Poor all season...inflated stats.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I doubt there is since Hockey Hub doesn't seem to, but is there a source that tracks season long JV records?
Falcon_hockey

Post by Falcon_hockey »

thefatcat wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:33 pm
True, their best all-around player from that BA group is at BSM though. They had a really good group of first years on that team, I dunno if any are planning on jumping up to Varsity / JV though. The 9th graders had 4-5 kids who could see significant time on Varsity next year.
They had a first line of all first year kids that will most likely be moving up to play high school next year and will all most likely see plenty of Varsity time. The kid leaving to BSM is definitely a big loss but the other 9th graders moving up will have a big impact next year. The future is bright!
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am I doubt there is since Hockey Hub doesn't seem to, but is there a source that tracks season long JV records?
A lot of the team websites will track JV stats along with Varsity stats...but I doubt all of them do. I could have sworn that I saw some JV stats on hub...
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Falcon_hockey wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:35 am
thefatcat wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:33 pm

They had a first line of all first year kids that will most likely be moving up to play high school next year and will all most likely see plenty of Varsity time. The kid leaving to BSM is definitely a big loss but the other 9th graders moving up will have a big impact next year. The future is bright!
The 8th grade line were very gifted scorers but were also a huge liability in the defensive zone from the handful of games I saw. Hopefully the Varsity / JV coaches teach them how to play a 200' game. Their D-men will def help at the varsity level next year, #6 and #11 were very good and the other two were solid. I am rooting for AC, they seem to be building something good there.
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

thefatcat wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:04 am
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:47 am I doubt there is since Hockey Hub doesn't seem to, but is there a source that tracks season long JV records?
A lot of the team websites will track JV stats along with Varsity stats...but I doubt all of them do. I could have sworn that I saw some JV stats on hub...
The Hub just leaves it all on the teams to enter stuff for JV, and few of them do.