Hub for hockey players?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993

Hub for hockey players?

Post by Hunters1993 »

Let those who play hockey have own school with teachers etc. thoughts? Think of all the students could have in common, all the fun conversations over lunch, and the extra time they could spend together.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
Section 8 guy

Re: Hub for hockey players?

Post by Section 8 guy »

Hunter......I’m on your side on the topic but just going to be honest with you, You’re being completely irrational. Take a deep breath.......count to 10 and calm down. You’re simply not effective in making the point you’re trying to make with the approach you are taking.
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Section 8 guy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 am Hunter......I’m on your side on the topic but just going to be honest with you, You’re being completely irrational. Take a deep breath.......count to 10 and calm down. You’re simply not effective in making the point you’re trying to make with the approach you are taking.
Section 8 guy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 am Hunter......I’m on your side on the topic but just going to be honest with you, You’re being completely irrational. Take a deep breath.......count to 10 and calm down. You’re simply not effective in making the point you’re trying to make with the approach you are taking.
Hunters....Same here my friend. I'm on your side on this as well but, I have to echo Section 8 guy's comments. I had spent 45 minutes writing a post earlier tonight but, by the time I finished it the thread was locked. In it, I was again challenging any of the others that think we should just play hockey as normal to respond to the points and questions I had raised in my post from very early Wednesday morning since as of 9 o'clock tonight none of them had.

However, I was also going to tell you that if you really believe your child learns better when he/she is in the classroom, then regardless of whether sports or other extra-curriculars are allowed, there will still be some risk of becoming infected if you choose to send him/her to school. Even if it's in the hybrid model. The only way to eliminate the risk completely is to go all on-line. I've got two older kids still living at home with us, both who have underlying health conditions, So, I'm making my middle schooler go all on-line. Thankfully, he did very well with it last spring. Hopefully that continues.

To be clear, I'm disappointed that the "mods" shut down both threads involving the Covid debate, especially since I don't believe any actual forum rules had been broken yet. Compared to the "will there be high school hockey" thread where things definitely became somewhat political (pointing a finger at my own chest here). Still, in my opinion, that type of topic is exactly why forums such as these exist. And, as I pointed out in my message to the mods, if you noticed after the "will there be high school hockey" thread was locked, there really wasn't very much activity on the any of the other threads until Elliot opened the "football" thread and it turned into another Covid debate. In the end, what's the point of having these types of forums if you're not willing or able to allow some spirited debate on topics that bring that about? Oh well...

The reality is, controversial topics drive traffic in these forums. It's the same with the Hermantown thread. It's the emotional passion people have for an opinion that drives them to actually take the time to write something. Now, is the underlying driver to most people's opinions regarding Covid and youth/high school sports at least somewhat political? Unfortunately, that's probably true at this point. But, as long as individuals don't politicize a comment in a direct way, I wish the mods would be a little more flexible. There really isn't any more important of a conversation/discussion/debate during a once in a hundred year pandemic than what the impact that possibly playing any sport in a normal fashion during that pandemic might/will have on the health and safety of the participants.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

Hmmm, I thought I read Lee mentioning no more discussions on a certain topic. I guess some people don’t like to follow mandates and prevent shutdowns of the liberties we enjoy.
Play Like a Champion Today