Zach Halverson

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Zach Halverson

Post by WestMetro »

Many of us know Zach from the Horn , Kfan , Wild Radio , etc

He and Mom and Dad have a bad case of Covid . He and Mom are in hospital.

Have a good thought for them

Further info below

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-halverson-family
karl(east)

Re: Zach Halverson

Post by karl(east) »

Was just posting the same thing, but Westy beat me to it. Scary to see this, especially for someone in his mid-20s. Wishing Zach a speedy recovery and I hope we get to hear him call some games this winter.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Prayers for the family.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

WestMetro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm Many of us know Zach from the Horn , Kfan , Wild Radio , etc

Further info below

Isn't it a sad indictment of the current state of our country that when someone gets sick they have to immediately setup a gofundme page?
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

thefatcat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:54 am
WestMetro wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm Many of us know Zach from the Horn , Kfan , Wild Radio , etc

Further info below

Isn't it a sad indictment of the current state of our country that when someone gets sick they have to immediately setup a gofundme page?
Sad but true. In the US, profits > people. It's a values system I cannot comprehend.

All my best to Zach and his family.
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

I'm really confused where anybody is talking about profits here. It looks to me like a very sick family that could use some help.
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

Further info below

Friends helping friends replace lost wages when they get sick and can’t work is not new. It’s been going on forever and is a crucial part of helping Families get through these types of crises. I’m sure the Family really appreciates the support. Wishing them a speedy recovery.
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

bodyup88 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm I'm really confused where anybody is talking about profits here. It looks to me like a very sick family that could use some help.
That comment isn't about the Halversons AT ALL.

I wish they didn't have to fundraise to cover expenses like health care. They shouldn't have to. I'm not going any further than that and I wish them well.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

jg2112 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:22 pm
bodyup88 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:38 pm I'm really confused where anybody is talking about profits here. It looks to me like a very sick family that could use some help.
That comment isn't about the Halversons AT ALL.

I wish they didn't have to fundraise to cover expenses like health care. They shouldn't have to. I'm not going any further than that and I wish them well.
I like the thought that people will come together to voluntarily support each other, but not on basic health care. Affording life saving health care shouldn't have to depend on having wealth, fame, or an extensive network of friends and family. In an ideal world, we'd still have gofundme for things like netflix subscriptions and gift cards for them to enjoy as they recover at home. Anybody having to worry about how to pay medical bills is simply dystopian.

My best to the Halversons
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I did think hard about putting this post on the forum, as it looks like Karl did too

The thing that I thought made this unique was the fact that Zach, mom, and dad all got hit at the same time. I was thinking more about the sudden loss of family income

Zach and Dad have both been longtime hockey affiliated people

So I just figured interested hockey friends might want to reach out , just like in many different ways in the past
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Rails Hockey wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Further info below

Friends helping friends replace lost wages when they get sick and can’t work is not new. It’s been going on forever and is a crucial part of helping Families get through these types of crises. I’m sure the Family really appreciates the support. Wishing them a speedy recovery.
I'm not knocking the support people are willing to give, I think that is fantastic. I'm viewing it from the angle that we live in the richest country on the planet and if someone gets severely ill they run the risk of financial ruin.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Update on Zach , out of the hospital , mom still in hospital

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kare11 ... 543afc6918
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

#Pioneers4Zach