5A 2020-21 Season

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Monticello
33%
Chisago Lakes
33%
North Branch
No votes
Princeton
33%
Someone else
No votes

Total votes: 3

Stang5280

5A 2020-21 Season

Post by Stang5280 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:32 pm

OK, I know no one wants to do this, but I’ll bring it up anyway. This section will probably be messy again, but more like messy ugly than messy fun. After an epic section final, the top few programs are down this year.

Monticello
Chisago Lakes
North Branch
Princeton

Monticello : I guess they’re the favorite almost by default. They lose lots of scoring, but return a strong goalie and a few nice building blocks, and the system depth should help fill in the gaps.

Chisago Lakes: The Wildcats were young and inconsistent last season, but showed glimpses of potential. Essentially the whole gang is back, and they could contend for the section crown if Wilmer can step up in net.

North Branch: The Vikings flopped in the face of high expectations last season. Cody Croal has departed for NCA, and while there is still some talent on board, they were a mess without Turek in net. I’m afraid this ship may be taking on water, and NB could finish even lower than this spot.

Princeton: The Tigers scored in bunches for much of last season, but also gave up nearly as many goals. They were looking good until a late skid against a tough schedule. They return plenty of punch up front, but will have to shore up the back end.