MSHSL Oct 1st Meeting (Boys Hockey Season Fate)

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Wise Old Man

Re: MSHSL Oct 1st Meeting (Boys Hockey Season Fate)

Post by Wise Old Man »

InThePipes wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:10 pm
Wise Old Man wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 pm
thefatcat wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:23 pm The "Bridge Season" is going forward. Obviously it will be mainly metro schools as most outstate schools are smaller and kids play multiple sports.

Link??
https://twitter.com/thewagontrain27/sta ... 0933023744
Thanks. No surprise Ken is saying it will go. And, I'm not saying no one will play. All I'm saying the MH District Directors are meeting on Sunday and we'll see what happens after that.
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Cookster wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 pm Guys:

I don't care which side of the Covid argument you are on, but can you please stop posting your opinions about the situation. I am getting tired of the moderators shutting down topics because of a few individuals talking about Covid.
Opinions? The charts I have been posted chart from MDH.

The people who are going to benefit from bridge season? The people creating the league. MONEYMAKER!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Hunters1993 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:13 pm
Cookster wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:01 pm Guys:

I don't care which side of the Covid argument you are on, but can you please stop posting your opinions about the situation. I am getting tired of the moderators shutting down topics because of a few individuals talking about Covid.
Opinions? The charts I have been posted chart from MDH.

The people who are going to benefit from bridge season? The people creating the league. MONEYMAKER!
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Schools close and have all online school. If that happens there should not be a tourney! We are in a pandemic people!
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Wow...Pete (Waggoner)...just wow. Not that Ken is any better from a certain standpoint. It's only about the kids and what they can literally SEE with their own eyes at the rink, not what will and absolutely has already happened numerous times in numerous communities away from the rink. :roll: Just beautiful...

Love the end...Waggoner, "17 minute periods or 20 Ken?"... Ken, "well, we should do what the maximum is so, 20 minutes". Pete, "yeah, 20 minutes for sure, have to". Yep, classic attitude of more is always better in youth athletics. It's too bad that the louder voices of the 20-30% of upper level players' parents, along with often ill-informed but entitled coaches (not you or your staff Blueblood, you guys "get it") who, because they get interviewed on a state-wide TV audience and in front of 18,000 people once a year (or less), think they're a little special and smarter (they're not) and get to drive the youth sports bus wherever THEY want it to go. Even though the FAR larger, quieter majority, whose kids will likely never play JV or Varsity hockey, get little to no say in things. If the larger majority of parents who actually are concerned and would prefer a maximum safety type of season with little to no travel chose not to actually play, you wouldn't come close to having enough players to have a season. But... I digress... 8)

Hunters...you're going to get it shut down again. Repeating it over and over isn't working. At least, not in the manner you are doing it. PLEASE, be mindful of yourself... :roll:
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

One more thing about the 20 minute periods...the game fee for each official just went to $150 per official per game. :roll:
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Hunters & WOM,

Just stop.

Go find an audience that will actually appreciate your condescension and well, I don't know how to describe it, aside from an annoying, repetitive car alarm going off at all hours of the night.

We were all getting along just fine, discussing what could possibly happen without all the hyperbole provided by two people with strong opinions. Don't get me wrong, strong opinions are welcome here. We usually just state them and move on. We do not repeat ourselves over and over again, injecting how we know so much more than others do. Hermantown thread is the exception to the rule. :wink:

Please let the rest of us hold a conversation without the distractions and content that gets a thread shut down. We all know that there is a pandemic. We know it is serious. We know it may cause more disruptions. You are not dropping knowledge bombs on us. So please, again, just stop.
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Posting stats from MDH. What’s wrong with that?
If someone posts totally incorrect info on pandemic I correct it.
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

Go to User Control Panel -> Friends and Foes
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

14 years on this board and that’s the first time I’ve seen the “foes” functionality.

Even sat81s, who IMO touched the most nerves during his soap box ranting days, wasn’t this irrational.
Play Like a Champion Today
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Blueblood....are you calling ME irrational? :shock:
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Schotzy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:36 pm Hunters & WOM,

Just stop.

Go find an audience that will actually appreciate your condescension and well, I don't know how to describe it, aside from an annoying, repetitive car alarm going off at all hours of the night.

We were all getting along just fine, discussing what could possibly happen without all the hyperbole provided by two people with strong opinions. Don't get me wrong, strong opinions are welcome here. We usually just state them and move on. We do not repeat ourselves over and over again, injecting how we know so much more than others do. Hermantown thread is the exception to the rule. :wink:

Please let the rest of us hold a conversation without the distractions and content that gets a thread shut down. We all know that there is a pandemic. We know it is serious. We know it may cause more disruptions. You are not dropping knowledge bombs on us. So please, again, just stop.
Schotzy...first, I didn’t bring up specific Covid points in this specific thread until a few others chose to respond in a more specific “Covid” way to what Hunters originally posted.

Not sure you’ve actually read the last few posts but, I’ve specifically asked Hunters to be more suave in his posts/responses. And yes, he does occasionally get repetitive in his points. Still, “your side” is the one continually pointing to the lack of deaths to kids under 18 as justification for why you believe it’s “so safe”. So please, don’t lecture me about not being repetitive. 🙄 Also, who’s not “getting along”? I just stated I have tremendous respect for everyone’s passion and interest. What more do want? A medal? 😁
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

Not you WOM. Appreciate your insight.

Hunters claims I live in a bubble. If so, my bubble is multiple states over 5 months in duration with SAFETY as my guide.

That’s my science and data that I know is real.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Wise Old Man wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:10 pm
InThePipes wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:10 pm
Wise Old Man wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Link??
https://twitter.com/thewagontrain27/sta ... 0933023744
Thanks. No surprise Ken is saying it will go. And, I'm not saying no one will play. All I'm saying the MH District Directors are meeting on Sunday and we'll see what happens after that.
It is not on the most recent agenda.
And our meeting would not decide the fate of the 'bridge league'.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Wise Old Man wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Just stop.

Schotzy...first, I didn’t bring up specific Covid points in this specific thread until a few others chose to respond in a more specific “Covid” way to what Hunters originally posted.

Not sure you’ve actually read the last few posts but, I’ve specifically asked Hunters to be more suave in his posts/responses. And yes, he does occasionally get repetitive in his points. Still, “your side” is the one continually pointing to the lack of deaths to kids under 18 as justification for why you believe it’s “so safe”. So please, don’t lecture me about not being repetitive. 🙄 Also, who’s not “getting along”? I just stated I have tremendous respect for everyone’s passion and interest. What more do want? A medal? 😁
I don’t have a “My Side” and I certainly do not know where you are going with the medal comment.

In fairness, this is more directed towards Hunters. Also fair to say you have headed this direction in the past. I felt like I needed to add an addendum that you have been better lately. I also take issue with the idea that you have the tendency to insinuate that “the rest of us” are not capable of making our own decisions based on the guidelines that are currently in place. Or that the majority of us support the direction things are headed both with the “bridge season” and what the MSHSL has proposed.

I believe you are acutely aware that hockey people are a very caring and resourceful group. If there is a way, we will figure it out and use our resourcefulness to make it happen. Not with disregard for those around us and those that support us, but with thoughtful decision making and financial support. There is not much usefulness in pointing out obstructions and hurdles. We have all be doing this for a long time and are very aware of what challenges are in front of us. We are also aware of the opportunities and will do what we need to do to get the job done.

No one is trying to do something illegal. We follow the rules. We also will challenge them when they do not make sense or align with the actual guidance.

My use of condescending and repetitive had a distinction. I did not think you were being repetitive. And if you think I am lecturing you, that is your call. I would like us to stay on topic and follow the rules of the forum. That is all.

I respect your position on all of this, but it sometimes distracts from the conversation. Let’s focus on how it CAN happen versus how it CAN’T.

Great, now you have me writing a novel. :wink:

I wish you well WOM. Your passion is clear and I DO appreciate you. I just don’t always agree with you. It is possible to have both perspectives live in this space.
blueblood

Post by blueblood »

WestMetro

At the start of this thread you stated 12+ kids will leave HS hockey under this decision, I.e shortened season.

Are you ready to back that up with names?
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Too soon, but a dozen still seems reasonable

Several possibles / likelies at Richfield tmrw and one at St Cloud last weekend
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Schotzy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:27 pm
Wise Old Man wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Just stop.

I don’t have a “My Side” and I certainly do not know where you are going with the medal comment.

In fairness, this is more directed towards Hunters. Also fair to say you have headed this direction in the past. I felt like I needed to add an addendum that you have been better lately. I also take issue with the idea that you have the tendency to insinuate that “the rest of us” are not capable of making our own decisions based on the guidelines that are currently in place. Or that the majority of us support the direction things are headed both with the “bridge season” and what the MSHSL has proposed.

I believe you are acutely aware that hockey people are a very caring and resourceful group. If there is a way, we will figure it out and use our resourcefulness to make it happen. Not with disregard for those around us and those that support us, but with thoughtful decision making and financial support. There is not much usefulness in pointing out obstructions and hurdles. We have all be doing this for a long time and are very aware of what challenges are in front of us. We are also aware of the opportunities and will do what we need to do to get the job done.

No one is trying to do something illegal. We follow the rules. We also will challenge them when they do not make sense or align with the actual guidance.

My use of condescending and repetitive had a distinction. I did not think you were being repetitive. And if you think I am lecturing you, that is your call. I would like us to stay on topic and follow the rules of the forum. That is all.

I respect your position on all of this, but it sometimes distracts from the conversation. Let’s focus on how it CAN happen versus how it CAN’T.

Great, now you have me writing a novel. :wink:

I wish you well WOM. Your passion is clear and I DO appreciate you. I just don’t always agree with you. It is possible to have both perspectives live in this space.

Well stated and I agree that it's possible for both perspectives to co-exist here. It's why these forums exist.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

I love you wom. Let’s get through this together...
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

WestMetro wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:36 pm Too soon, but a dozen still seems reasonable

WM - I don't think you'll be too far off when the dust settles.
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

InThePipes wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:39 pm
WestMetro wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:36 pm Too soon, but a dozen still seems reasonable

WM - I don't think you'll be too far off when the dust settles.
Thanks Wolfy...Love you too. :lol:

Pipes...I promise, I've never wanted to be more wrong about something in my life!
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

At last count there are 34 teams in and 38 teams a maybe for the 'bridge season'. Now being referred to as the preseason.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

elliott70 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:48 pm At last count there are 34 teams in and 38 teams a maybe for the 'bridge season'. Now being referred to as the preseason.
Is this information available online or would you be able to post?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Corn Cobb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm
elliott70 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:48 pm At last count there are 34 teams in and 38 teams a maybe for the 'bridge season'. Now being referred to as the preseason.
I don’t know if it is on line.
What do you want to know?
Goose21

Post by Goose21 »

elliott70 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:01 pm
Corn Cobb wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm
I don’t know if it is on line.
What do you want to know?
Who are the 34 and 38 teams?
Forecheck, Backcheck, Paycheck