Games Tuesday 2-23-21

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb

Re: Games Tuesday 2-23-21

Post by Sparlimb »

Hastings with a nice 6-3 win over Tartan. I'm ready to see them and South again in the section final. Maybe South won't get every call in the house this year....
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sparlimb wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:38 pm
Stang5280 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm Karl, can we get a recap of that sterling East game? Just kidding :wink: That has to be a brutal bus ride home.
Ouch. I didn't want to offend anyone, but Moorhead really isn't that good this year.
I wish this message board had a barf emoji. I thought this was a winnable game for East going in! :oops: At no point was it an interesting game (though I will confess to tuning out large portions of the stream in the later stages). Some of the Spuds had a nice night, but the Hounds' play in their own zone in particular was brutal.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

karl(east) wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:43 pm
Stang5280 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:00 pm Karl, can we get a recap of that sterling East game? Just kidding :wink: That has to be a brutal bus ride home.
Ouch. I didn't want to offend anyone, but Moorhead really isn't that good this year.
I wish this message board had a barf emoji. I thought this was a winnable game for East going in! :oops: At no point was it an interesting game (though I will confess to tuning out large portions of the stream in the later stages). Some of the Spuds had a nice night, but the Hounds' play in their own zone in particular was brutal.
On the bright side, no one wants to play east come sections. Period. And I've seen it too many times. Randolph teams under .500 in January and making noise at state in March. So this doesn't bother me all that much...
Wise Old Man

Post by Wise Old Man »

Sparlimb wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pm
karl(east) wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:43 pm

On the bright side, no one wants to play east come sections. Period. And I've seen it too many times. Randolph teams under .500 in January and making noise at state in March. So this doesn't bother me all that much...
Unfortunately, it’s difficult enough for an average to slightly below average AA team to win games on the road but, when six players quit within a three week span (3 of whom are seniors) it makes winning even more challenging. At this rate, Coach Randolph will need to coach another 5-8 years to get that all-time wins record he so covets...🙄
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Sparlimb wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pmOn the bright side, no one wants to play east come sections. Period. And I've seen it too many times. Randolph teams under .500 in January and making noise at state in March. So this doesn't bother me all that much...
And here I was thinking the Duluth East teams have been so bad the past couple years that people would give up the notion that he's such a good coach that actually having good players doesn't matter.
Be kind. Rewind.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

O-townClown wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:39 am
Sparlimb wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:01 pmOn the bright side, no one wants to play east come sections. Period. And I've seen it too many times. Randolph teams under .500 in January and making noise at state in March. So this doesn't bother me all that much...
And here I was thinking the Duluth East teams have been so bad the past couple years that people would give up the notion that he's such a good coach that actually having good players doesn't matter.
Well obviously you are right, horses win games. That's always been true. People like Lechner at Hill but he had a losing season early on, first one in 35 years. But I've also seen Randolph win games it didn't seem his team had any business winning. So I wouldn't count them out. That's all. Beating Rapids and Andover on back to back games would be a tall task for any team.