Official Section Seedings

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

East Side Pioneer Guy

Re: Official Section Seedings

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

What might we expect as far as live streaming section games? I don't want a bunch of posts about Class A section play-in games, just games of interest to most of us. (No disrespect to that Podunk/Swensenville - Johnson County West United 8 vs.9 match-up, I'm sure it will be a great game.)
Last edited by East Side Pioneer Guy on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Is For Everyone
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

6A is out.
2 and 4 also in A.
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Shakopee at Minnetonka is a game that jumps out to me right away.

Shakopee has had a strong season. Minnetonka has shown the ability to skate with anyone, but also is liable to have a clunker every once in a while.

edit: I'm curious about some games being weekday afternoon puck drops. Why is this? Limited ice time due to the season being pushed later?
Eagles93

Post by Eagles93 »

A lot of girls and boys section games are on the same day so they had to plan in case both teams host a game. 5:00/7:00 starts. That looks to be the case for Tonka boys and girls Thursday.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:16 pm Shakopee at Minnetonka is a game that jumps out to me right away.

Shakopee has had a strong season. Minnetonka has shown the ability to skate with anyone, but also is liable to have a clunker every once in a while.

edit: I'm curious about some games being weekday afternoon puck drops. Why is this? Limited ice time due to the season being pushed later?
How about Edina and SLP in the first round. Could St. Louis Park pull the shocker? Edina has been playing really well lately though, so unlikely.
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Sparlimb wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:16 pm Shakopee at Minnetonka is a game that jumps out to me right away.

How about Edina and SLP in the first round. Could St. Louis Park pull the shocker? Edina has been playing really well lately though, so unlikely.
Edina-SLP is definitely one that crossed my mind!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Chaska HF and Blake BsM will both be good 4/5 games
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Karls Covid list includes shakopee

Will Minnetonka get a quarterfinal bye?

or will Chan and NP move up , so EP gets the bye?
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

WestMetro wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:26 pm Karls Covid list includes shakopee

Wondered same thing, but not seeing verification anywhere? Must have happened quickly after seeds were released if true.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Wondered same thing, but not seeing verification anywhere? Must have happened quickly after seeds were released if true.
Not only that, but those teams played yesterday afternoon. That's quite the sense of urgency on the testing and admin work at BOTH schools to end their seasons by earlier this afternoon.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

InThePipes wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Not only that, but those teams played yesterday afternoon. That's quite the sense of urgency on the testing and admin work at BOTH schools to end their seasons by earlier this afternoon.
From the Shakopee Twitter feed:

Due to a positive covid test on our team, we are now quarantined and will not be eligible to return before our first scheduled section game.

We are heartbroken for our athletes, especially our 12 seniors.

Good luck and good health to all the remaining teams.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

InThePipes wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:00 pm
InThePipes wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:38 pm

From the Shakopee Twitter feed:

Due to a positive covid test on our team, we are now quarantined and will not be eligible to return before our first scheduled section game.

We are heartbroken for our athletes, especially our 12 seniors.

Good luck and good health to all the remaining teams.
Wild. Such a shame.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

So is Farmington done as well?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Oh man, if I were a head coach seeded 1 or 2, I would seriously consider a quarantine for my entire team. It just takes one small slip up, and bam, seasons over.
Hockey Is For Everyone
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Are there mandatory testing requirements for teams? Regularity? It almost feels like there would be an incentive NOT to test right now if it’s not mandatory.

I don’t disagree, ESPG. I would be pretty tempted to just ‘bubble’ an entire team until the end of the season. Not sure this is realistic, but this is just so heartbreaking for all these kids whose seasons are ending like this.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:54 pm Are there mandatory testing requirements for teams? Regularity? It almost feels like there would be an incentive NOT to test right now if it’s not mandatory.

I don’t disagree, ESPG. I would be pretty tempted to just ‘bubble’ an entire team until the end of the season. Not sure this is realistic, but this is just so heartbreaking for all these kids whose seasons are ending like this.
No, there is no mandatory testing.

The bubble can probably be only partially successful as it's not necessarily your team where the Covid positive test would originate, at least some of these teams who have had their season prematurely end are due to being exposed to an opponent who had a positive test after playing a game.
BlueLineSpecial

InThePipes wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:59 pm
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:54 pm Are there mandatory testing requirements for teams? Regularity? It almost feels like there would be an incentive NOT to test right now if it’s not mandatory.

The bubble can probably be only partially successful as it's not necessarily your team where the Covid positive test would originate, at least some of these teams who have had their season prematurely end are due to being exposed to an opponent who had a positive test after playing a game.
Thanks ITP. Yes, makes sense re: exposure from your opponent. Boy this just feels so precarious. Good luck to all remaining teams. Hoping everyone does whatever they can to ensure the season finishes [-o<

Stay safe and healthy everyone
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:04 pm
InThePipes wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Yes, makes sense re: exposure from your opponent.
That's probably arguable :wink:
tourneytickssince59

Post by tourneytickssince59 »

Agree. I thought it needed to be a constant exposure for a number of minutes and that just does not happen on ice. Are the masks not helping against the on ice transmission? 1 team with a positive test result that is not found out until section finals could conceivably wipe out a section based on the opponent exposures. Team A beats B, beats C and loses final to team D. Team C has positive result after Team A loses to Team D. Does Team D need to quarantine now based on potential exposure from Team C via Team A?
East Side Pioneer Guy

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:54 pm I don’t disagree, ESPG.
Sir, I no longer have any respect for your judgement. :wink:
Hockey Is For Everyone
BlueLineSpecial

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:36 am
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:54 pm I don’t disagree, ESPG.
Sir, I no longer have any respect for your judgement. :wink:
Yeah, but I didn't agree with you. I not disagreed. With that, I'd like to think my judgement remains sound and intact. Whew, that was a close one. :mrgreen:
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

tourneytickssince59 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:21 am Agree. I thought it needed to be a constant exposure for a number of minutes and that just does not happen on ice. Are the masks not helping against the on ice transmission? 1 team with a positive test result that is not found out until section finals could conceivably wipe out a section based on the opponent exposures. Team A beats B, beats C and loses final to team D. Team C has positive result after Team A loses to Team D. Does Team D need to quarantine now based on potential exposure from Team C via Team A?
Due to the time between HS section games, what you described is more unlikely at HS, but a positive test during youth regions at the wrong time could essentially take out an entire region. There also needs to be direct contact (a game) between a player with a positive test and a team.
USA218

Post by USA218 »

Does anyone know whrn Section 8A does the seeding?