BHS Hockey Podcast - Section Saturday + State Picks

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

BHS Hockey Podcast - Section Saturday + State Picks

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:39 am

Our Section Saturday Edition is now live. We followed a full day action all over the state. Here is our take on Saturday and what lies ahead.

Start to 58:00 - News and Recap
58:00 to 1:21:08 - Mr. Hockey Marty Mjelleli
1:21 to End - State Tourney Picks

Link: http://bit.ly/3vVYp2y

Brodziak Fan Club

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - Section Saturday + State Picks

Post by Brodziak Fan Club » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:58 am

Love the Giles talk. You guys hit the nail on the head. He takes those talented, high-profile players and gets them to buy into a system. They compete every game. Even when the wheels fall off like yesterday, it’s not due to a lack of effort. A lot of credit should go to his assistants as well. When those guys talk, the players listen. Dave Terwilliger could be a very good head coach if he wanted.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Gotta find time to listen, but be honest YHH , hearing you had young Karl do that post after midnite last night 🤣?

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:44 pm

Best show of the year fellas....Thanks

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:31 pm

As always, great stuff. Epic length pod, especially for that late in the evening (and early morning).

Kudos to Karl (and also I suppose to Tony, even if only out of spite) for picking the correct winner of the 2A final. :wink: I am obviously biased, but Courneya is a superior player to Brown, and no one on Delano has that type of finishing ability. Breck also has the two best defenseman on the ice in Morgan and Theissen. The biggest factors in Delano’s favor are their depth advantage and the way they can lock down a game and dictate flow.

Random factoid: the company featured in the upper corner of the Monticello bootleg-type feed was Hassan Sand & Gravel, which is actually located in Rogers. Who knows what was going on with that whole feed, but I’m glad it existed.

Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:45 am

The question was asked during the Podcast whether Joey Pierce played for Hermantown in Saturday's quarterfinal victory over Proctor:

Both Pierce and Zam Plante were in uniform and skated during the warmup. Both were on the bench throughout the game, but neither skated a shift. Both are listed in the box score, but neither appeared in the game.

By the way, Proctor goalie Sam Johnson made 72 saves in the loss.

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:22 am

Is channel 45 going to broadcast this year's State Tournament games?

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 am

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:22 am
Is channel 45 going to broadcast this year's State Tournament games?
Yes

SquirtC'00

Post by SquirtC'00 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:31 pm
As always, great stuff. Epic length pod, especially for that late in the evening (and early morning).

Kudos to Karl (and also I suppose to Tony, even if only out of spite) for picking the correct winner of the 2A final. :wink: I am obviously biased, but Courneya is a superior player to Brown, and no one on Delano has that type of finishing ability. Breck also has the two best defenseman on the ice in Morgan and Theissen. The biggest factors in Delano’s favor are their depth advantage and the way they can lock down a game and dictate flow.

Random factoid: the company featured in the upper corner of the Monticello bootleg-type feed was Hassan Sand & Gravel, which is actually located in Rogers. Who knows what was going on with that whole feed, but I’m glad it existed.
Ok this does answer part of question on that feed but Karl and I were like wait was is that after it was over. It was truly very very strange to see after the stream ended.

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:15 pm

SquirtC'00 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:51 pm
Stang5280 wrote:

Ok this does answer part of question on that feed but Karl and I were like wait was is that after it was over. It was truly very very strange to see after the stream ended.
Yeah, that’s the true mystery. I have no idea what transpired after the action on the ice wrapped up. I’m not sure if I would prefer a higher quality stream for the section final, or just run it back with the same wackiness.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:58 pm

3 most memorable moments🤣

Tony says Stillwater Girls ninth grade varsity goalie Lily Timmons , who just beat Hill Murray to get to state, may be a better goalie then big brother Alex who is the Gentry Frank Brimsek finalist

Tony actually makes a nice remark about Prior Lake’s prospects next year

Danny says if Centennial upsets Maple Grove, it will be the biggest section upset since Paul Martin’s Elk team was knocked out of sections 20 years ago

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:15 pm
SquirtC'00 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:51 pm
Stang5280 wrote:

Yeah, that’s the true mystery. I have no idea what transpired after the action on the ice wrapped up. I’m not sure if I would prefer a higher quality stream for the section final, or just run it back with the same wackiness.
I fully endorse another pirate-like stream for the section final!

That was about as fun a podcast to record as we've ever had...being slap-happy toward the end of 16 hours of hockey in one day will do that. Props to those of you who made it through the whole thing to hear our ever-so-elegant outro.

YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:51 pm

Best outro ever. :)

And the best night of sleep, too.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:37 pm

YouthHockeyHub wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:51 pm
Best outro ever. :)

And the best night of sleep, too.
To Danny & Tony...I...99.99999% Guarantee
Maple Grove will defeat Centennial...I’ll even predict a score, 6-2, identical to Centennials 2016 semifinal loss to a team that now barely exists😉😊 Sad but True☝️