Non Lake Chalk, is it common

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Cookster

Non Lake Chalk, is it common

Post by Cookster » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:56 am

Just looking at the AA finals this week. Take out 2AA and 6AA, which often get dominated by Lake Conference teams, despite where their seeding is, and every other section has the #1 and #2 seed playing. I am not a historian, but is this common to have these 6 conferences all having the #1 vs #2 in the section finals? Where is the Cinderella story?

Or do we want Chalk and then have a potential for great matchups at State?

BlueLineSpecial

Re: Non Lake Chalk, is it common

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 am

Cookster wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:56 am
Just looking at the AA finals this week. Take out 2AA and 6AA, which often get dominated by Lake Conference teams, despite where their seeding is, and every other section has the #1 and #2 seed playing. I am not a historian, but is this common to have these 6 conferences all having the #1 vs #2 in the section finals? Where is the Cinderella story?

Or do we want Chalk and then have a potential for great matchups at State?
Cookster, you beat me to the punch by about 2 minutes posting something exactly like this, in the Official State Seedings thread :lol:

There's still plenty of opportunity for Cinderella's, though. Anyone from 8AA at State will be considered one. Certainly if WBL, Centennial, Rosemount or Lakeville North get to State, they'll be heavy underdogs and could fit the bill for wearing the glass slipper.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year