Blake from EP

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

FlinFlonBomber

Blake from EP

Post by FlinFlonBomber » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Why is he eligible to play but the kid from WBL can't?

WestMetro

Re: Blake from EP

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 am

This has been recently asked on a different thread also

I also was recently asked this at a playoff rink

I made some inquiries , and got an answer from a person I trust that he returned 4 days before Roed , which satisfies the rule date . That person said 100 % sure .

Someone with first hand info and more detail would be better to respond though

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:08 am

I heard thru someone that hockey players needed to be back in school by a certain date (feels like it was the first Monday in February this season?). If not then not eligible. I believe that Blake left his USHL team more than a week or two before that date.

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 am

Completely legit......on top of that the best player at his his age in the country! Go USA 🇺🇸

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:41 am

WestMetro wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:46 am
This has been recently asked on a different thread also

I also was recently asked this at a playoff rink

I made some inquiries , and got an answer from a person I trust that he returned 4 days before Roed , which satisfies the rule date . That person said 100 % sure .

Someone with first hand info and more detail would be better to respond though
Obviously it's not the first time he's returned to EP mid-season from another team, he and his family are probably the state's foremost experts on the rule at this point.

FlinFlonBomber

Post by FlinFlonBomber » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:56 am

Before you imply that this is legit or okay, I would encourage all of you to go back to the 4AA outlook post and read the MSHSL rules that someone posted. Read in detail, and write down each violation......and then reply on this thread. Looks to me like it is pretty smelly........the rules interpreted inaccurately and many details overlooked.....thus Blake should be ineligible like Roed.

Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 am

FlinFlonBomber wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:56 am
Before you imply that this is legit or okay, I would encourage all of you to go back to the 4AA outlook post and read the MSHSL rules that someone posted. Read in detail, and write down each violation......and then reply on this thread. Looks to me like it is pretty smelly........the rules interpreted inaccurately and many details overlooked.....thus Blake should be ineligible like Roed.
He had to be back practicing with his team on the 25th. Coaches and players know the rules. I’m sure he followed them.
Last edited by Rails Hockey on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 am

Rails Hockey wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 am
FlinFlonBomber wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:56 am
He had to be back practicing with his team on Monday, January 25th. He played a game in Youngstown, Ohio for the Steel on Sunday the 24th that got over around 6:00 pm. Definitely not the “1-2 weeks before the deadline” as someone posted above, but if he headed straight home after that he had plenty of time to make it. Looks like he milked out every minute of Juniors that he could.
Person above also said "feels like it was the first Monday in February this season?" which, if he returned on the 24th and the above person thought it was the first Monday in Feb (2/1), he would have been back a week before.

Obviously as we know now from the bylaws, he would have had to be back by the 25th, which by all accounts, his last USHL game was the 24th. Roed on the other hand, suited up (and started) for the Magicians on the 27th.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:29 pm

bardown27 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 am
Obviously as we know now from the bylaws, he would have had to be back by the 25th, which by all accounts, his last USHL game was the 24th. Roed on the other hand, suited up (and started) for the Magicians on the 27th.
Seriously? Not my rule to enforce so I haven't bothered to waste my time looking into it. At least a half-dozen guys have said the circumstances are the exact same. GMAFB. You're showing a huge difference. Like one was back by the deadline and the other wasn't. Isn't that what attorneys call an open and shut?
Be kind. Rewind.

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:58 pm

4 day diff

Sunday , Monday , Tues , Wednes