Hermantown JV to play Dodge Co.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GPGT

Re: Hermantown JV to play Dodge Co.

Post by GPGT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:37 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:59 pm
InThePipes wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 pm
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 pm
So, I barely follow Class A at all; what are the odds of Hermantown winning with their JV?
There’s a chance, especially if Plante is able to give it a go and is near his normal self. This suddenly becomes the most interesting game of the day tomorrow.
I have to think DC's varsity d-men will be more effective on Plante than Hermantown's JV d-men will be on Lamb. :-k
Right. From what I've read , DC has lamb, another descent forward , and a pretty damn good defenseman

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 am

https://www.therinklive.com/high-school ... es-varsity

“Anybody who stepped foot on that ice (against VMIB) for more than a minute has to be out,” Hawks coach Patrick Andrews said.

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

GPGT wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:36 pm
This is just crazy.

So will Hermantown have a full line up or are that just running 10 players? Kind of confused
Coach Andrews was quoted as saying he figured he would have close to 20-players available. I would imagine he was working the team chats to see who could go. One kid was leaving from his spring break to make it back, and who can blame him. These JV kids, for the most part, will only get this one chance to play at state, and maybe make an impression on the coach for next season.

This is an unfortunate situation, and anyone "feeling happy" that this happened to this team specifically, really needs to check themselves. These are kids. You want to be ticked at anyone, look to the adults.

InThePipes

Post by InThePipes » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:15 am

Schotzy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

This is an unfortunate situation, and anyone "feeling happy" that this happened to this team specifically, really needs to check themselves. These are kids. You want to be ticked at anyone, look to the adults.
=D>

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 am

Schotzy wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am
GPGT wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:36 pm
This is just crazy.

So will Hermantown have a full line up or are that just running 10 players? Kind of confused
Coach Andrews was quoted as saying he figured he would have close to 20-players available. I would imagine he was working the team chats to see who could go. One kid was leaving from his spring break to make it back, and who can blame him. These JV kids, for the most part, will only get this one chance to play at state, and maybe make an impression on the coach for next season.

Not being familiar with kids out of the varsity League, how was hermantown's JV this year? Whether they have Zam or not, this isn't looking good for them

If Dodge county didn't have lamb and that other really good defenseman, I won't be as worried... But having the top goal scorer in the state and not having your starting goalie with a stud defenseman for Dodge county is a pretty tall task

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:35 am

I believe Easton Hammil, #25 is the Dodge County defenseman. Just to give the kid a name instead of Lamb, Donovan, and the defenseman.

StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm

Well this may actually be a close game. I don’t feel bad one bit for Hermantown. If it’s gonna happen, glad it’s them and not the ones who don’t want free handouts and like earning their way to the state tourney

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:57 pm

StanleyCup55 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:02 pm
Well this may actually be a close game. I don’t feel bad one bit for Hermantown. If it’s gonna happen, glad it’s them and not the ones who don’t want free handouts and like earning their way to the state tourney
Always gotta be the jealous dad talking smack

GPGT

Post by GPGT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:59 pm

Whatever happened to supporting your region, or the North in general? The politics and PLEASE BAN ME is pretty sad and to see so many of you crying about such Petty things is pretty pathetic..
My Hermantown fan, not really where did I graduate? Duluth East but I still want to see these kids succeed I think something has been taken away from them