Class AA Semifinal: EP vs. Maple Grove

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Cookster

Re: Class AA Semifinal: EP vs. Maple Grove

Post by Cookster » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Hayes actually started his career in EP during Mites Every other player except Langenbruner came up through the system.

Yes, Reffing was bad last night -- there were 2 Penalties (one on each team) that should not have occurred that led to PP goals for each team. EP had a few unlucky bounces, and their D was a little sloppy at times. Weineke had some really good saves. In the end, Blake had 6 points, and I am looking forward to seeing Lakeville South vs. EP. Will EP be exhausted, or will they shake the demons of 2 consecutive 2nd place finishes.

Now if someone can tell Lou Nanne that Jackson, not Jason Blake is playing for EP, and Riku is not RIco Brown...

WestMetro

Post by WestMetro » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:19 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:20 am
Great game to watch. I could watch that all day.

No thread for LVS and Wayzata? That game was awesome too.

I’m impressed with Lakeville. I’m taking them to win it all.

Yeah , a best of seven between EP and MG would be fantastic .

SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:38 pm

bardown27 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:11 pm
SpreadOut! wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:39 pm
bardown27 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:32 am

Here’s a still shot for the offside/no offside. Looks good.

https://twitter.com/onyxbets/status/137 ... 27553?s=21
Yes, it was onsides.

Here’s the slashing penalty called on the MAPLE GROVE player that gave EP powerplay and their second goal. How 4 refs can screw up this badly is mind boggling.

https://twitter.com/followthepuck/statu ... 75909?s=21
Can you find a clip of the cross check they called on Hartle that definitely wasn’t a cross check right after that where MG scored on the PP? At the end of the day, MG was 2/3 on the PP and EP was 2/2
I assume you are being facetious, but no, I can’t. Didn’t Hartle hit MG guy from behind on play, knocking MG kid to ice. Are you saying that’s akin to refs calling slash literally on the wrong team, and not one of the four refs realizing it, even after MG coach pointed it out?

Point is, EP always seems to come out on winning side of bad ref calls. Watch the stream of the section final against Tonka. Tonka went up 3-1 in 3rd period and refs then called three straight penalties on them (with EP scoring on two of the power plays to tie it up). One of the calls was completely phantom, with the announcer saying he had no idea what Tonka was penalized for (it was called after Tonka made a rush in EP zone). With their sudden transfers every year and annual Jackson Blake mid-season pick up from juniors, EP needs no help from refs to win. I’m sick of them.

SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:47 pm

SpreadOut! wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:38 pm
bardown27 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:11 pm
SpreadOut! wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:39 pm

Yes, it was onsides.

Here’s the slashing penalty called on the MAPLE GROVE player that gave EP powerplay and their second goal. How 4 refs can screw up this badly is mind boggling.

https://twitter.com/followthepuck/statu ... 75909?s=21
Can you find a clip of the cross check they called on Hartle that definitely wasn’t a cross check right after that where MG scored on the PP? At the end of the day, MG was 2/3 on the PP and EP was 2/2
I assume you are being facetious, but no, I can’t. Didn’t Hartle hit MG guy from behind on play, knocking MG kid to ice. Are you saying that’s akin to refs calling slash literally on the wrong team, and not one of the four refs realizing it, even after MG coach pointed it out?

Point is, EP always seems to come out on winning side of bad ref calls. Watch the stream of the section final against Tonka. Tonka went up 3-1 in 3rd period and refs then called three straight penalties on them (with EP scoring on two of the power plays to tie it up). One of the calls was completely phantom, with the announcer saying he had no idea what Tonka was penalized for (it was called after Tonka made a rush in EP zone). With their sudden transfers every year and annual Jackson Blake mid-season pick up from juniors, EP needs no help from refs to win. I’m sick of them.
Sorry; need to correct myself. Tonka went up 3-1 over EP in 2nd period and then refs called three consecutive penalties on Tonka...one in second period and two in third period. These three penalties were the only penalties called all game. EP was not called for a penalty all game. I mean, WHAT?

thewhalers

Post by thewhalers » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:59 pm

TheNightman wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:00 pm
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:08 am
Brodziak Fan Club wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:18 pm

These two teams have been going at it since squirts.
Even Langenbrunner?
And Hayes??
Riku Brown?