Gentry vs Dodge

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nostalgic Nerd

Gentry vs Dodge

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:46 pm

Why isn't it 5-0? LOL. Probably the most dominant period I've ever seen a team play in a final. Getting destroyed but good job for Dodge keeping it a goal. :mrgreen:
I can splash in the rink puddles!

Mite-dad

Re: Gentry vs Dodge

Post by Mite-dad » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:15 pm

It's coming, no worries.

Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:14 pm

That was a carbon copy of most Gentry games. They struggle to score a bit early in feeling out the opponent, then figure things out and completely bury them under relentless pressure. It’s just a matter of when the dam will break. EGF was the only team who challenged them to any real extent all season.

raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:17 pm

I guess the way they're season played out, & how Gentry pretty much steamrolled everyone this season , game result is no surprise.
8-1 running time; can't remember the last time that happened in a championship game.
The Twin Cities version of Hermantown.

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Kinda feel robbed by that game. I predicted 8-0. Good for DC for getting one on the board. Not the most exciting game I have ever watched.

SpreadOut!

Post by SpreadOut! » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:22 pm

I don’t know what others think, but the tourney this year is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth...teams doing things I would argue “the wrong way” getting the glory...Gentry with it existing entirely for hockey and nothing else, EP with its history of transfers and a certain player on its team going from juniors to high school more often than some people change underwear in a week, and even Lakeville South (who I’ve seen some refer to as the “South Metro All Stars”—which I assume also means transfers). I don’t like it.

Schotzy

Post by Schotzy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm

SpreadOut! wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:22 pm
I don’t know what others think, but the tourney this year is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth...teams doing things I would argue “the wrong way” getting the glory...Gentry with it existing entirely for hockey and nothing else, EP with its history of transfers and a certain player on its team going from juniors to high school more often than some people change underwear in a week, and even Lakeville South (who I’ve seen some refer to as the “South Metro All Stars”—which I assume also means transfers). I don’t like it.
I’m fine with the AA matchup. That should at least be an entertaining game. I really don’t care where they are from. That toothpaste is out of the tube and ain’t going back. Time to embrace the new order. 8)

goldy313

Post by goldy313 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 pm

raidergrad72 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:17 pm
I guess the way they're season played out, & how Gentry pretty much steamrolled everyone this season , game result is no surprise.
8-1 running time; can't remember the last time that happened in a championship game.
The Twin Cities version of Hermantown.
2014, Edina beat Lakeville North 8-2. That was a strange game as when it started the crowd was 80% for North, by the end it was 80% for Edina. The only time I think Edina was a crowd favorite.

raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 pm

SpreadOut! wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:22 pm
According to their website, this school has been in operation only since 2018. I don't think a school in the history of sports in this state has developed programs in any sport this fast. Whew!