Minneapolis Teacher's Strike

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckguy19

Minneapolis Teacher's Strike

Post by Puckguy19 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:41 pm

With the Minneapolis teachers set to strike on Tuesday, I wonder if that will have any impact on MPLS participating on Wednesday. I realize the coaches are not teachers in the district, but in eras past, if the teachers were on strike everything shut down for the district. May be a technicality, but I'd argue that last year MSHSL hung a technicality on HM's participation.

elliott70

Re: Minneapolis Teacher's Strike

Post by elliott70 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Let's hope not for the kids' sake.
And, of course, we all (maybe not class A guy) want to see them.
Last edited by elliott70 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:43 pm
And, of course, we all (make not class A guy) want to see them.
I think elliott is trying to rip on me here for making an obvious statement about MPLS being a great story for the Tourney this year. But I am kind of confused as to why I am being brought up here other then I have said I think MPLS will be a fan favorite in the rink on Wednesday night I guess that means I an biased #-o Honestly if you dont think the 612 being in the tourney for the first time since 94 down in the metro will bring a big crowd and be the rooting favorite for most I guess I dunno... It's not a jab at Alexandria its more just I think they will draw a ton of people to the X cause its close the alumni base of the MPLS schools is huge and they are the story in the metro.

I will let elliott have his fun with me here I guess you got me for being excited for a program to be at state for the first time since 94 =D> .... yes I would like to see 7 of the 8 teams play in Class A, not a huge fan of New Prague with the other stuff.. But they made it and they will hit the ice regardless of my opinion.

But aside from the elliott jab at me back to the actual question of the post, I would think MPLS should be fine to play on Wednesday as there would of been something written already if not as this has been know to be in the works for over two weeks now.

ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:05 pm

This is from the StarTribune today about the Question you just asked.

What about athletics?

Minneapolis Public Schools said high school varsity athletics will continue. Junior varsity and B-squad teams can practice on a case-by-case basis if there is adequate adult supervision available during the strike.

In St. Paul, high school varsity athletics, including games and practices, could continue on a case-by-case basis. All other athletics would be canceled

So MPLS should be good to go.

Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:58 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:05 pm
This is from the StarTribune today about the Question you just asked.

What about athletics?

Minneapolis Public Schools said high school varsity athletics will continue. Junior varsity and B-squad teams can practice on a case-by-case basis if there is adequate adult supervision available during the strike.

In St. Paul, high school varsity athletics, including games and practices, could continue on a case-by-case basis. All other athletics would be canceled

So MPLS should be good to go.
Thanks you for the information. Glad to hear the MPLS won't be impacted.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:34 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 pm
elliott70 wrote:
I think elliott is trying to rip on me here for making an obvious statement about MPLS being a great story for the Tourney this year. But I am kind of confused as to why I am being brought up here other then I have said I think MPLS will be a fan favorite in the rink on Wednesday night I guess that means I an biased #-o Honestly if you dont think the 612 being in the tourney for the first time since 94 down in the metro will bring a big crowd and be the rooting favorite for most I guess I dunno... It's not a jab at Alexandria its more just I think they will draw a ton of people to the X cause its close the alumni base of the MPLS schools is huge and they are the story in the metro.

I will let elliott have his fun with me here I guess you got me for being excited for a program to be at state for the first time since 94 =D> .... yes I would like to see 7 of the 8 teams play in Class A, not a huge fan of New Prague with the other stuff.. But they made it and they will hit the ice regardless of my opinion.

But aside from the elliott jab at me back to the actual question of the post, I would think MPLS should be fine to play on Wednesday as there would of been something written already if not as this has been know to be in the works for over two weeks now.
j/k

ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:00 pm

elliott70 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:34 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 pm
elliott70 wrote:

j/k
:-s ](*,) :-D