2022-23 Early Departures

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnscout

Re: 2022-23 Early Departures

Post by minnscout »

arcticpurple wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:43 pm
High Heat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:54 pm
WestMetro wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:34 pm We are hearing that Chaska sophomore star Sam Spehar will be joining Sioux Falls Power U16s this week for the season .
Strange move here. Didn’t Chaska just hire his dad as an assistant coach? Sioux Falls? Why such a low end program?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
not strange at all..for being a low end team, they seem to be doing well against the MN Tier 1 non-national bound teams. The level of competition they play all year is top notch...metal sharpens metal. Coaching is great and surrounding yourself with kids and coaches who have the same goal can't hurt ones development on and off the ice. Good for him! Chase your dream kid.
Sioux Falls u16 team is brutal. I have watched them 3 weekends this fall and they get destroyed by the good mn Tier 1 teams. U16 Blades , which is not a great team, has destroyed them each time they have played. Have they been fortunate last couple seasons to get a couple high end players come play a season, yes, but the team as a whole is average and that is why they are ranked 40th in the country currently and that doesn't count the non national bound teams.
oldmaverick

Post by oldmaverick »

Looking at myhockeyrankings - it looks like their first weekend of games were in the Blades Showcase and they played the MN Blades once and lost 4-1, assuming with open net goal so 3-1 - not sure that's getting destroyed. They have beat Blue Army twice and Team MN (old blizzard group) and lost to the U16 Lakers (not MN HP, the better team) 5-4. Those appear to be the only MN Teams they have played so, I'm not seeing where MN Tier 1 Teams are destroying them. They have played in the Blades showcase, USHL showcase in Pitt and Fargo showcase before this past weekend. So it would appear that you have a player on Blue Army - that has lost twice to them - it's the only that's been at all 3 weekends with SF Power.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

Yall are DIALED into 100% meaningless hockey scores. Zero of these games matter. 0
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good luck to both Logan and Sam this year !
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

oldmaverick wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:03 am Looking at myhockeyrankings - it looks like their first weekend of games were in the Blades Showcase and they played the MN Blades once and lost 4-1, assuming with open net goal so 3-1 - not sure that's getting destroyed. They have beat Blue Army twice and Team MN (old blizzard group) and lost to the U16 Lakers (not MN HP, the better team) 5-4. Those appear to be the only MN Teams they have played so, I'm not seeing where MN Tier 1 Teams are destroying them. They have played in the Blades showcase, USHL showcase in Pitt and Fargo showcase before this past weekend. So it would appear that you have a player on Blue Army - that has lost twice to them - it's the only that's been at all 3 weekends with SF Power.
They could hardly get the puck past center ice against Blades. The team is not good and I have no horse in the race. Again I have seen them play multiple times. Also, myhockey rankings doesn't have all their games listed.
arcticpurple

Post by arcticpurple »

minnscout wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:34 pm
oldmaverick wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:03 am Looking at myhockeyrankings - it looks like their first weekend of games were in the Blades Showcase and they played the MN Blades once and lost 4-1, assuming with open net goal so 3-1 - not sure that's getting destroyed. They have beat Blue Army twice and Team MN (old blizzard group) and lost to the U16 Lakers (not MN HP, the better team) 5-4. Those appear to be the only MN Teams they have played so, I'm not seeing where MN Tier 1 Teams are destroying them. They have played in the Blades showcase, USHL showcase in Pitt and Fargo showcase before this past weekend. So it would appear that you have a player on Blue Army - that has lost twice to them - it's the only that's been at all 3 weekends with SF Power.
They could hardly get the puck past center ice against Blades. The team is not good and I have no horse in the race. Again I have seen them play multiple times. Also, myhockey rankings doesn't have all their games listed.

:^o :^o :^o Ya OK…. every game has been posted on MHR as of Monday. No one is selling them as 2023 natty champs, come on man.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

This AAA stuff is so slimy and predatory. AAU basketball level of gross. Johnny is the best dad!!
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

mnpuckster wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:57 am This AAA stuff is so slimy and predatory. AAU basketball level of gross. Johnny is the best dad!!
It is a different world
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Back to MN HS Hockey

Its official I am hearing Zam Plante and Ty Hanson not Returning to the Hawks this winter.
headsupsticksdown

Post by headsupsticksdown »

ClassAGuy wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:29 am Back to MN HS Hockey

Its official I am hearing Zam Plante and Ty Hanson not Returning to the Hawks this winter.
Surprise factor = 0

:D
HockeyTalk2020

Post by HockeyTalk2020 »

mnpuckster wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:57 am This AAA stuff is so slimy and predatory. AAU basketball level of gross. Johnny is the best dad!!
You have a captain leaving 6 weeks into school year to a rival section team their 6th non home grown player. Andover may not win it if Casey doesn’t transfer for his sr yr. You have guys doing 200 ft goal celebrations constantly l, counting goals on hands, and doing the gritty 6 mn left in state chip to go up 1. Slimy is all around unfortunately.
HockeyTalk2020

Post by HockeyTalk2020 »

Maybe for once there will be a fighting chance finally for a legit Class A tourney. Still a really nice team and likely favorites.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

HockeyTalk2020 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm Slimy is all around unfortunately.
=D>
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

HockeyTalk2020 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm Andover may not win it if Casey doesn’t transfer for his sr yr.
Casey was a junior last year. On that topic - I've heard he is doing before/after for North Iowa and coming back to Andover for his Sr. year.
HockeyTalk2020

Post by HockeyTalk2020 »

blueline_6 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:54 am
HockeyTalk2020 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:54 pm Andover may not win it if Casey doesn’t transfer for his sr yr.
Casey was a junior last year. On that topic - I've heard he is doing before/after for North Iowa and coming back to Andover for his Sr. year.
Thanks for correcting me.
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

HockeyTalk2020 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:02 pm

Maybe for once there will be a fighting chance finally for a legit Class A tourney. Still a really nice team and likely favorites.
They had kids playing JV last year that played Bantam AA both years. They have a lot of talent there and a disproportionate number of players for a town their size. They could lose three more kids and still be the favorite in 7A, but there are teams that have the ability to beat them in a one game series. It would take a great effort and some luck, but not as unthinkable as it’s been for awhile now.
Last edited by Rails Hockey on Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yesiplayedhockey

Post by yesiplayedhockey »

Don't think for a second it's the kids "truly" making these decisions to forgo their final season of High School

These decision are 99.99% driven by parents in a "rush"

Guess what dad...You are going to wake up years from now and say what the heck did I do? Why did I wipe out a year of my kids life?

Hey dad...Colleges are still backed up....Unless your kid is a lock to be drafted top 20 in the NHL, your kid will have to play AT LEAST one (sometimes two) full year of juniors AFTER his projected graduating year

So let your kid come back his senior year. Let him dominate High School hockey... Let him go to prom...Let him go to homecoming..Let him have a chance to play at the X ....Let him sit in a classroom and learn...Let him sit around the dinner table with your family once a week...Let mom yell at him for his room being messy....Let him play pond hockey one more winter with his buddies....Let him play a second sport (Okay that last one is a little ridiculous to think any parent today is pushing their kid to play another sport)....

Just let him be a kid for one more year dad...I guarantee you it will have zero impact on if he's in the NHL 7-8 years from now....And for all you parents out there saying "but the High School coach doesn't care". That high school coach you rip non stop will be the last coach that TRULY cares about your kid....after High School... it's every man, coach and kid for themselves...

Minnesota High School hockey is hands down the best path for 98% of all 15-18 year old kids in our state... And for you parents reading this thinking "that's not me..." or "but my son is the chosen one" ....don't let the door hit you on the way out and thank you in advance for giving another kid your kids' jersey.
headsupsticksdown

yesiplayedhockey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:08 am Don't think for a second it's the kids "truly" making these decisions to forgo their final season of High School

These decision are 99.99% driven by parents in a "rush"

Guess what dad...You are going to wake up years from now and say what the heck did I do? Why did I wipe out a year of my kids life?

Hey dad...Colleges are still backed up....Unless your kid is a lock to be drafted top 20 in the NHL, your kid will have to play AT LEAST one (sometimes two) full year of juniors AFTER his projected graduating year

So let your kid come back his senior year. Let him dominate High School hockey... Let him go to prom...Let him go to homecoming..Let him have a chance to play at the X ....Let him sit in a classroom and learn...Let him sit around the dinner table with your family once a week...Let mom yell at him for his room being messy....Let him play pond hockey one more winter with his buddies....Let him play a second sport (Okay that last one is a little ridiculous to think any parent today is pushing their kid to play another sport)....

Just let him be a kid for one more year dad...I guarantee you it will have zero impact on if he's in the NHL 7-8 years from now....And for all you parents out there saying "but the High School coach doesn't care". That high school coach you rip non stop will be the last coach that TRULY cares about your kid....after High School... it's every man, coach and kid for themselves...

Minnesota High School hockey is hands down the best path for 98% of all 15-18 year old kids in our state... And for you parents reading this thinking "that's not me..." or "but my son is the chosen one" ....don't let the door hit you on the way out and thank you in advance for giving another kid your kids' jersey.
This! =D>
headsupsticksdown

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:23 am

They had kids playing JV last year that played Bantam AA both years. They have a disproportionate level of talent there because of open enrolled and transfers. They are still the favorite in 7A, but there are teams that have the ability to beat them in a one game series.
Don’t mean to turn this into another HTown thread, but the Rails lose another stud at the youth level to the Hawks. Everyone saw it coming, but just devastating for a group that was really starting to develop up in Proctor…
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

headsupsticksdown wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:57 am

They had kids playing JV last year that played Bantam AA both years. They have a disproportionate level of talent there because of open enrolled and transfers. They are still the favorite in 7A, but there are teams that have the ability to beat them in a one game series.
Don’t mean to turn this into another HTown thread, but the Rails lose another stud at the youth level to the Hawks. Everyone saw it coming, but just devastating for a group that was really starting to develop up in Proctor…
Yeah, if a kid gets too good sometimes Dad just can’t help himself. He’ll get to watch him score about 200 goals on the B team this year. So there’s that….
headsupsticksdown

Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Yeah, if a kid gets too good sometimes Dad just can’t help himself. He’ll get to watch him score about 200 goals on the B team this year. So there’s that….
Is it Dad? Always thought it was Mom? I hope J ends up sticking around, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t….

He’s only on B due to the sit out rule to transfers right?
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

headsupsticksdown wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:57 pm
Rails Hockey wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Is it Dad? Always thought it was Mom? I hope J ends up sticking around, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t….

He’s only on B due to the sit out rule to transfers right?
I have no idea if it’s Mom or Dad, my statement was in jest. Yes, open enrolled can’t play on the top team. No A teams there this year. Screws up the whole District’s B program with a kid like that out there. I don’t know who J is, but I hope he sticks around too!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Maybe Forum home school reps can list out which of kids in juniors are now looking like will be returners , Vs which will prob be staying in juniors .
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Heres what YHH reported on their podcast yesterday for highest visibility players, these are in addition to NTDPs .

Early Departures:

Jaksen Panzer-EGF
Isaac Johnson-Fergus
Zam Plante-HT
Ty Hanson - HT
Joe Schiller-MH
Harper Bentz-MH
Jimmy Clark -Edina
Carter Davis-Elk
Adam Kleber-Chaska
Tanner Bruender-Chaska
Sam Spehar-Chaska
Carter Wishart- Chaska
Sam Rinzel-Chaska
Kyle Doll-LVN
Joey Sylvester-CDH

Cooper Conway- Andv-very likely depart
Tanner Ludtke-LVS-very likely depart
Joe Gramer-MH-very likely depart
Cam Briere-SW-very likely depart

50/50

Landen Gunderson -Maple Grove

Returners

Jayson Shaugabay
Finn Brink
Sam Ranallo
Chase Cheslock
Gavyn Thoresen
Cayden Casey
Will Ingemann
Last edited by WestMetro on Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:23 am

Early Departures:

Carter Davis-Elk
Heard from an Elk parent that CD was at captains practice this week.