"Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

slapshooter

7,396th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~sect 8 knows it~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: During the last five State Tournaments section 8 has been in the CHAMPIONSHIP game 5 times and won the TITLE three of those five! :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8
I know, but the topic is "section 8", not how they do after the section. Plus, Roseau is the only winner in AA since '03. Section 8 has produced two really strong teams, but the rest of them aren't even in the same league. The remainder of the teams for the most part are "A" calibre IMO. Most of the games between the two studs turn out to be rather dull since they seem to trade good seasons with the not so good. Last years 1-0 is an exception, but 6-1 by Roseau was the closest this year. Not much competition. It's true the southern section is filled with a lot of crappy talent--but that's the point: there's balance unlike section 8. It isn't Roseau/Moorhead's fault. It's just crap.
=P~ :arrow: No sir! :arrow: [-X

=P~ :arrow: The topic is :arrow: "Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it! :arrow: [-(

Representation? Sure then. But whatever you do, don't say it's a strong section.
=P~ :arrow: Why don't you give us your idea of what a "strong section" is! :arrow: :^o

Section 7 is continually considered the best because it's deep. Section 8 isn't deep. They happen to have two powerhouses, but the rest of the teams overwhelmingly do not beat them in sectionals. The two are usually in a cake walk to the final, and Roseau didn't have to face anyone this year. Yeah, they're undefeated. They're great. But the second best team in the conference this year is pretty mediocre. Though I think Roseau could win in almost all other sections still doesn't undermine the fact they didn't have to face anyone in the sections. Every once in a while St. Cloud might take Roseau to OT, but for the most part the two powers blow out their way to the section finals. (Even poor old Bemidji, who hasn't been to the tourney in 20-some years, left for A.) And even the finals aren't that interesting part of the time since one is usually on while the other is off. The rest of the teams are at best the calibre of Section 1, except the southern teams really don't have powerhouses to contend with, which is why it's a better overall section since all the crappies are in a free-for-all. In section 8 it's for certain Roseau/Moorhead will be at state. Section 1? Hell, it's free game! Nothing's for certain, hence why it's a more interesting section.

So you're right that section 8 is the best because it produced the best team--a state tournament champion. But it doesn't mean the overall section is competitive. I'm referring to AA, although TRF beats Warroad about once ever 50 years, haha.
=P~ :arrow: You must've made a lot of friends in Section 1 by now! :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: Look what happened to Section 7 the last two times at the State Touney! :arrow: :lol: (2006 & 2007)

=P~ :arrow: And look what's going to happen to them (CEC) against Edina this year! :arrow: 8)

packerboy

Re: 7,393rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Champs of sect 8

Post by packerboy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:32 pm

slapshooter wrote:=P~ :arrow: During the last five State Tournaments section 8 has been in the CHAMPIONSHIP game 5 times and won the TITLE three of those five! :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: One of the two losses was a one goal game and the second loss was a screw job by the refs when they refused to count a perfectly good goal!! :arrow: ](*,)

=P~ :arrow: Instant replay was installed as a result! :arrow: :-k

This is just a fact, a fact of modern life. :wink:

slapshooter

7,397th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~State AAChamps 2006~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:40 pm

packerboy wrote:
=P~ :arrow: packerboy ought to know! :arrow: [-o<

=P~ :arrow: CDH 7, section 7 nothin'! (2006):arrow: =D>

Last edited by slapshooter on Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:41 pm

packerboy wrote:

=P~ :arrow: One of the two losses was a one goal game and the second loss was a screw job by the refs when they refused to count a perfectly good goal!! :arrow: ](*,)

As is slappys kiss of death... He just can't help it!
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs

slapshooter

7,398th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Champs of sect 8

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote:

=P~ :arrow: Too bad about 2centstennial in 2008! :arrow: Image

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:58 pm

packerboy wrote:

Sigh. It is the one team who makes it to the state finals that makes them great. It doesn't mean the section itself is great because it's competitive.

'05 final: Lets assume the refs would've made the right call. That would've still meant the score was 5-5. But for arguments sake lets consider what happened. Even should Moorhead win, the idea that they were one of the greatest and most dominant teams would've ended even with a championship. They outshot AHA 40-18, but look at the damage AHA's speed did to the invincibles. AHA themselves were not considered the greatest team of the decade let alone any period! They scored on breakaways, one-on-ones, with quality chances on a team that was destroying the competition. So in effect even with the championship, that final game precluded them from being one of the best. Because the greatest teams blow their opponents out in the finals and leave a resounding statement. Moorhead did none of that in the finals. Suffice to say they were one of the greatest teams to not win, albeit some help. Truly a wasted opportunity by the Spuds.

Neutron 14

Re: 7,398th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Champs of sect 8

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:08 pm

slapshooter wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote:

Yes, MY team lost. Unlike SOME people, I'm not going to hop anothers train and claim "It's just like I said!" SOME people change flags quicker and more frequently than the French Army...

slapshooter

7,399th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~104,000 plus views~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Neutron 14 wrote:
slapshooter wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote:

Yes, MY team lost. Unlike SOME people, I'm not going to hop anothers train and claim "It's just like I said!" SOME people change flags quicker and more frequently than the French Army...
=P~ :arrow: Looks like the same SECTION 8 flag to me! :arrow: Image :arrow: Image
=P~ :arrow: What about Tony Selvog? :arrow: :idea: Image :idea: :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: Section 8 Dominates A and AA... fact of modern life! :arrow: 8) :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: "Against the Grain" :arrow: [-( :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: Section 8, Feelin' Great, On their way to takin' State! :arrow: =; :arrow: Image
=P~ :arrow: "Up for Grabs" and Section 8 A and AA knows it! :arrow: Image :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: It's just like I said! :arrow: ImageImageImage :arrow: Image

=P~ :arrow: SImageS :arrow: UNDEFEATED :arrow: 2ImageImage8 :arrow: Image

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 pm

I'll stick with my team, thank you. Theres way too many losers in your list.

slapshooter

7,400th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Where's Neutered?~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Neutron 14 wrote:I'll stick with my team, thank you. Theres way too many losers in your list.
=P~ :arrow: I don't see YImageU anywhere on my list! :arrow: Image

packerboy

Post by packerboy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:57 pm

slapshooter has to stay nimble in these times.

The only team that he feels compelled to stay loyal to is the emoticon team.

Its a fact.

I dunno SS.

Posters keep comin on with opinions.

Fine, but what are the facts.

I believe that the facts are as you have stated them.

Neutron 14

Re: 7,400th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~Where's Neutered

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:58 pm

slapshooter wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:I'll stick with my team, thank you. Theres way too many losers in your list.

And for that you have my wholehearted thanks! :lol:

schwang17

Post by schwang17 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Nostalgic Nerd wrote:
packerboy wrote:

Sigh. It is the one team who makes it to the state finals that makes them great. It doesn't mean the section itself is great because it's competitive.

'05 final: Lets assume the refs would've made the right call. That would've still meant the score was 5-5. But for arguments sake lets consider what happened. Even should Moorhead win, the idea that they were one of the greatest and most dominant teams would've ended even with a championship. They outshot AHA 40-18, but look at the damage AHA's speed did to the invincibles. AHA themselves were not considered the greatest team of the decade let alone any period! They scored on breakaways, one-on-ones, with quality chances on a team that was destroying the competition. So in effect even with the championship, that final game precluded them from being one of the best. Because the greatest teams blow their opponents out in the finals and leave a resounding statement. Moorhead did none of that in the finals. Suffice to say they were one of the greatest teams to not win, albeit some help. Truly a wasted opportunity by the Spuds.
I agree with you NN. Section 8, really ain't that great as far as depth goes. I tried explaining this to many a folk and it doesn't go over well. I'm a Section 8 guy, that doesn't mean we have to hide from the truth.

slapshooter

7,401st post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~'TANKS' Again!~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Neutron 14 wrote:
slapshooter wrote:

And for that you have my wholehearted thanks! :lol:
=P~ :arrow: And I also have your "wholehearted" 'TImageNKS' !!!! :arrow: Image

slapshooter

7,402nd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~rest my case~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:35 pm

packerboy wrote:slapshooter

=P~ :arrow: Precisely! :arrow: :idea: Image :idea:

slapshooter

7,403rd post by SS since Feb 27th 2002 ~nevermind~

Post by slapshooter » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:36 pm

slapshooter wrote:
=P~ :arrow: Look what happened to Section 7 the last two times at the State Touney! :arrow: :lol: (2006 & 2007)

=P~ :arrow: And look what's going to happen to them (CEC) against Edina this year! :arrow: 8)

=P~ :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Image 29-0-2 Image :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: =P~

Image Congratulations to the "UNDEFEATED" 2007 Class A Minnesota Image
Image State High School Hockey Champions "Hermantown Hawks"!
Image a "Legend In Their Own Time"Image

SImageS (...a legend in his Image wn mind...)

=P~ :arrow: Uh....nevermind................Image

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:36 pm

packerboy wrote:
Fine, but what are the facts.

And here ladies and gentleman, we have a lawyer"ese" answer in the realm of "I didn't inhale, and I didn't have sexual relations with that woman.

Its just like he said! Or didn't....

Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 pm

schwang17 wrote: I agree with you NN. Section 8, really ain't that great as far as depth goes. I tried explaining this to many a folk and it doesn't go over well. I'm a Section 8 guy, that doesn't mean we have to hide from the truth.
I remember a day where a tentacle theme of these here pages was the galvanazation of the Section 8 post-section tournament spirit. A spirit of one nation under a northern sky, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all from Alexandria to Hallock and from the East Bank of the Red to where the prairie meets the pines. Also, it was a spirit neither based nor concerned about reality and accuracy, but more importantly, one based on loyalty. The spirit was also a pledge to the Eighth section's greatness that once was, is, and could be again. But I see those times have changed, a new rogue entity is here, I feel it, I sense it, I do not fear it.

Section 8 then, Section 8 now, Section 8 tommorow.

SB24

Post by SB24 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Amen Brotha- :idea:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:35 pm

Irishmans Shanty wrote:
Section 8 then, Section 8 now, Section 8 tommorow.
So be it. But I'm going to cheer for the kids who put their heart on the line, no matter what side of the highway the happen to live. Yes: It can happen!

Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:58 pm

Neut, the evens run east/west and odds go north/south and there are a number fine highways and kids to cheer for that run through section eight. US 2 is the best way to see The Legend on the way from my place to elliott's, 75 runs from Hallock all the way down to Moorhead, 32 goes right by Joey Ninetoe's place, and 59 is what schwang and the boys take up to TRF, and 11, well.........we all know where 11 goes.

Junior Samples

facts of life

Post by Junior Samples » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:02 am

section 8 dominates! it's a fact of modern day living.

like our old friend bluesbuddy once said,

dominatrix matrix may tricks

you have a problem with that, boy?

:roll:
yahoo serious!

schwang17

Post by schwang17 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:06 am

SB24 wrote:Amen Brotha- :idea:
Yeah, I can see you being real loyal if PR went to the dance...

elliott70

Re: facts of life

Post by elliott70 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:08 am

Junior Samples wrote:section 8 dominates! it's a fact of modern day living.

like our old friend bluesbuddy once said,

dominatrix matrix may tricks

you have a problem with that, boy?

:roll:
So junior, are you going to be in the rooms above the Liffey again?
And, also, where did you get the picture of my sister?

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:09 am

And Neut, you need to take a few twists and turns off Hwy 2 to find the great one. But at least it is the right direction off #2.
Last edited by elliott70 on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.