Revolution Tier 1 AAA

Discussion of AAA Hockey

Moderator: Mitch Hawker

Blueliner16
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Blueliner16 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Yuri now listed as coach for 99 and 00. Yeah that will work

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 pm

It is Yuro, not yuri, and it will not just work, it will work very well!! I have never seen his passion and commitment to the player development matched. He is now a father of two and I have seen his maturity as a coach increase over the last 9 years. Yes he is attention to detail, but his critique is skill/drill centric not personal. This program will have success with you, me, or without us. This is going to be big. With the coaches they have announced and the ones yet to be made public, it is happening and will develope many players in our state.

snyper12
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by snyper12 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:36 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:It is Yuro, not yuri, and it will not just work, it will work very well!! I have never seen his passion and commitment to the player development matched. He is now a father of two and I have seen his maturity as a coach increase over the last 9 years. Yes he is attention to detail, but his critique is skill/drill centric not personal. This program will have success with you, me, or without us. This is going to be big. With the coaches they have announced and the ones yet to be made public, it is happening and will develope many players in our state.
Why then after all these years now, and this same coach, they can't make a significant dent in the invite AAA local level (despite even flying kids in from out of state) with the Northern Edge/Nats program/teams?

SCBlueLiner
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Post by SCBlueLiner » Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:It is Yuro, not yuri, and it will not just work, it will work very well!! I have never seen his passion and commitment to the player development matched. He is now a father of two and I have seen his maturity as a coach increase over the last 9 years. Yes he is attention to detail, but his critique is skill/drill centric not personal. This program will have success with you, me, or without us. This is going to be big. With the coaches they have announced and the ones yet to be made public, it is happening and will develope many players in our state.
I thought the Revolution is based out of Des Moines? Hmm. So you must mean out-of-state not in our state, right?

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 am

If you mean dent in AAA tournaments, well I guess that may be true. But if you are talking individual skill development, look at all the USHL draft picks that have been trained by Yuro and staff. I have seen many NHL people tour the Northern Educate Academy, they never mention Easton Cup, or Stars & Stripes or any Prospect tourneys. From my conversations with them, I have gathered that they feel individuals advance not teams. I have watched my 99 and his NATS team win some lose some, but more importantly I have seen his individual skill level continue to grow. Do I wish he had more Caribou trophies, nope. Happy with where he is at, and his passion for the game is still there. A funny quote a buddy of mine who is a USHL coach says is, "I can always tell a player who has spent 3 or more years at xxxx, they stick handle the corners off the puck and no confidence or idea how to play hockey." Probably a closet full of summer hockey trophies.

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 10, 2013 9:33 am

SCBlueLiner wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:It is Yuro, not yuri, and it will not just work, it will work very well!! I have never seen his passion and commitment to the player development matched. He is now a father of two and I have seen his maturity as a coach increase over the last 9 years. Yes he is attention to detail, but his critique is skill/drill centric not personal. This program will have success with you, me, or without us. This is going to be big. With the coaches they have announced and the ones yet to be made public, it is happening and will develope many players in our state.
I thought the Revolution is based out of Des Moines? Hmm. So you must mean out-of-state not in our state, right?

Only if you believe that no MN players are going to do this. I think a few will.

dmansdad
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

Post by dmansdad » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:It is Yuro, not yuri, and it will not just work, it will work very well!! I have never seen his passion and commitment to the player development matched. He is now a father of two and I have seen his maturity as a coach increase over the last 9 years. Yes he is attention to detail, but his critique is skill/drill centric not personal. This program will have success with you, me, or without us. This is going to be big. With the coaches they have announced and the ones yet to be made public, it is happening and will develope many players in our state.
I thought the Revolution is based out of Des Moines? Hmm. So you must mean out-of-state not in our state, right?

Only if you believe that no MN players are going to do this. I think a few will.
I think it will have to be a lot more than a few from Minnesota if they are going to field teams. I would be surprised if there are more than 3-4 kids per team that are not from MN.

snyper12
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by snyper12 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:If you mean dent in AAA tournaments, well I guess that may be true. But if you are talking individual skill development, look at all the USHL draft picks that have been trained by Yuro and staff. I have seen many NHL people tour the Northern Educate Academy, they never mention Easton Cup, or Stars & Stripes or any Prospect tourneys. From my conversations with them, I have gathered that they feel individuals advance not teams. I have watched my 99 and his NATS team win some lose some, but more importantly I have seen his individual skill level continue to grow. Do I wish he had more Caribou trophies, nope. Happy with where he is at, and his passion for the game is still there. A funny quote a buddy of mine who is a USHL coach says is, "I can always tell a player who has spent 3 or more years at xxxx, they stick handle the corners off the puck and no confidence or idea how to play hockey." Probably a closet full of summer hockey trophies.
That being the case why have top level players not flocked to their NATS teams yet in MN - they have certainly been around long enough. At some point if coaches were great, players/training were great, the teams to would be at least a factor. This new thing again is another team. If they can't get top players for Nats what makes us think they can get top players for this program - with the same coaching.

O-townClown
Posts: 3745
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Post by O-townClown » Fri May 10, 2013 11:36 am

snyper12 wrote:That being the case why have top level players not flocked to their NATS teams yet in MN - they have certainly been around long enough. At some point if coaches were great, players/training were great, the teams to would be at least a factor. This new thing again is another team. If they can't get top players for Nats what makes us think they can get top players for this program - with the same coaching.
C'mon, you must see the difference.

Spring teams - go get on one you like.

Winter teams - play where you live, no matter what.

Revolution is targeting the latter, just like the Fire did. Whether one agrees with it or not, it has been proven there is a demand.
Be kind. Rewind.

snyper12
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by snyper12 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:53 am

O-townClown wrote:
snyper12 wrote:That being the case why have top level players not flocked to their NATS teams yet in MN - they have certainly been around long enough. At some point if coaches were great, players/training were great, the teams to would be at least a factor. This new thing again is another team. If they can't get top players for Nats what makes us think they can get top players for this program - with the same coaching.
C'mon, you must see the difference.

Spring teams - go get on one you like.

Winter teams - play where you live, no matter what.

Revolution is targeting the latter, just like the Fire did. Whether one agrees with it or not, it has been proven there is a demand.

Just like Stover did.

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Why the Stover issue? Seems like the program was attracting
good players, until it went up in smoke.

snyper12
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by snyper12 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:15 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Why the Stover issue? Seems like the program was attracting
good players, until it went up in smoke.
Good players but not the upper/top. 98, 99, 00, 01 - none of which finished in top 20 - all but 00 with a losing record.

Blueliner16
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Blueliner16 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Heard only good numbers showed up at 99 and 00

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 pm

What are good #'s ?

Blueliner16
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Blueliner16 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:58 am

Well better then 02's and 01's. maybe should have not said good.

dmansdad
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

Post by dmansdad » Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

Blueliner16 wrote:Well better then 02's and 01's. maybe should have not said good.
How many 01 and 02 kids did you hear showed up? Kids in the midwest that want to play AAA this next year are at that level are going to have to decide whether to try out for Revolution or Mavs Elite (formely Russell Stover) soon.

Blueliner16
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Blueliner16 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 am

Heard 6 01's and 2 02's from a dad who was there

dmansdad
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

Post by dmansdad » Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 am

Blueliner16 wrote:Heard 6 01's and 2 02's from a dad who was there
Makes you wonder if they will even bother with the tryouts at those two levels in Des Moines.

Blueliner16
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Blueliner16 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Cancelled try outs for 01-02 this weekend in DSM

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by fastncrash » Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 am

Blueliner16 wrote:Cancelled try outs for 01-02 this weekend in DSM
All this means is that they will recruit and hand-pick a team that I'm sure will be competitive with many "Middle of the road" T1 teams...

imlisteningtothefnsong
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:16 am

Revolution Tier 1

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri May 24, 2013 8:53 am

That may very well be true. I do know the teams are expected to be able to compete very well. The 99 & 00 teams are looking strong.

fastncrash
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Revolution Tier 1

Post by fastncrash » Fri May 24, 2013 9:59 am

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:That may very well be true. I do know the teams are expected to be able to compete very well. The 99 & 00 teams are looking strong.
I don't have much concern that the leadership in place can eventually do this, but time is NOT on their side for this year as I know my two Sons have already received their T1 Winter 13/14 Prelim schedules. It's not going to be an easy deal to just make up a competitive schedule now with strong established clubs, at this point.

JSR
Posts: 1675
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: Revolution Tier 1

Post by JSR » Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 am

fastncrash wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:That may very well be true. I do know the teams are expected to be able to compete very well. The 99 & 00 teams are looking strong.
I don't have much concern that the leadership in place can eventually do this, but time is NOT on their side for this year as I know my two Sons have already received their T1 Winter 13/14 Prelim schedules. It's not going to be an easy deal to just make up a competitive schedule now with strong established clubs, at this point.
Eh, not easy but not impossible. It'll be tough to schedule any teams in the HPHL but most of the clubs in the midwest that aare not in that league still have openings, plus you can play high end AA teams and even some high end MN assocaition teams, and enter several AAA tournaments to round out your schedule. I agree with you though my sons preliminary T1 schedule comes out sometime this week as well

2112
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by 2112 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

Yuri has alot of clought and will have a good schedule with success, the first year will have alot of ups and downs but he is the best guy for the coaching job.

Ruffneckred
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by Ruffneckred » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

My son is a 99 and I don't know much about the higher levels of playing and training. He attended a camp at SSM two weeks ago and then was invited to join the Revolution team. I had never heard of Revolution but that does not mean much as I have a long way to go in my education. After reading this forum, I have to wonder if the invite my son got was because he impressed someone or is the team struggling to fill the roster.

Post Reply