Silence

Discussion of AAA Hockey

Moderator: Mitch Hawker

HockeyDad41

Silence

Post by HockeyDad41 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:21 am

Has everyone kind of moved on from posting about AAA hockey on this site? We've had a few spring tournaments now but nothing about them mentioned around here.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.

Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News » Wed May 07, 2014 12:44 pm

The nit wits chased Youth Hockey Hub away from here with pitchforks and torches, and now it's gotten considerably quieter everywhere at the Forums, including youth and high school.

The nit wits won... and now they seem to have nothing to say.

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 » Wed May 07, 2014 4:26 pm

That's too bad.

There hasn't been a good old knock down drag out Machine vs Blades debate forever.

Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath » Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 am

Depending on what birth year you want to discuss, there may not be much of a debate between the two programs.

SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner » Thu May 08, 2014 10:02 am

I watched the 03 Blades play at the Meltdown a couple weeks ago. Good team of talented kids.

There is much, much more to talk about that the Blades/Machine though. There are tons of teams at all different levels that are playing throughout the summer. So much to talk about that we don't need to focus on just two programs.

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Thu May 08, 2014 10:21 am

HockeyDad41 wrote:That's too bad.

There hasn't been a good old knock down drag out Machine vs Blades debate forever.
There's more than two ponies in the show now.
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 am

Would it be accurate to say there is only one truly elite team at the 03 level right now? I'm having a hard time thinking the Blades have any competition at that level around here.

SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner » Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 pm

HockeyDad41 wrote:Would it be accurate to say there is only one truly elite team at the 03 level right now? I'm having a hard time thinking the Blades have any competition at that level around here.
I guees they were playing in the 02 Meltdown.

That brings up the question of how good is too good? You consolidate that many good players on a team so that there is no equal left to play. Is that a good thing? Would it be better to spread it around so there are more competitive teams?

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:51 am

SCBlueLiner wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:Would it be accurate to say there is only one truly elite team at the 03 level right now? I'm having a hard time thinking the Blades have any competition at that level around here.

That brings up the question of how good is too good? You consolidate that many good players on a team so that there is no equal left to play. Is that a good thing? Would it be better to spread it around so there are more competitive teams?
Having seen this team play, they are wasting their time playing at their own level. They should play at the 02 invite level. I don't think blowing up the team is the answer. Just play at a higher level to challenge the kids.

Are the 03 Blades better than the 00 Machine at that age?

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 am

HockeyDad41 wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:

Having seen this team play, they are wasting their time playing at their own level. They should play at the 02 invite level. I don't think blowing up the team is the answer. Just play at a higher level to challenge the kids.

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:37 am

DrGaf wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:

Yeah - this is why no one comes here anymore. D-Bag responses like that. Thanks for your contribution.

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Fri May 09, 2014 12:03 pm

HockeyDad41 wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:

Yeah - this is why no one comes here anymore. D-Bag responses like that. Thanks for your contribution.
aw. my feels are crying.

Calling you out on a trolling expedition is a D-bag response???

HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 » Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

DrGaf wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:
DrGaf wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:
SCBlueLiner wrote:

aw. my feels are crying.

Calling you out on a trolling expedition is a D-bag response???

Yes, I think I asked a relevant question. Your response was pure D-Baggery. You added no value to this thread. Those are the two teams that stand out to me, no, no player on either, and thought it might be interesting to compare and contrast the two. Hopefully in a civil way, but guys like you seem to only want to be stir the pot. Unless you have something constructive or interesting to say about this topic I'm done responding to you.

MrBoDangles

Re: Silence

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue May 20, 2014 9:38 pm

HockeyDad41 wrote:Has everyone kind of moved on from posting about AAA hockey on this site? We've had a few spring tournaments now but nothing about them mentioned around here.
Hockey has become boring in this state...
-Everybody plays "A"now
-five teams compete in districts for five births to regions.
-others don't even play and are auto bids
-most of the talented have landed at a few programs so parity is becoming a thing of the past.
-Rochester had a really nice peewee team so badgerbob's panties aren't in such a bunch.
- and most of all, otownclown has figured out he lives in Florida and there's a body of water called an "ocean" near by..

The Year Youth Hockey Died

Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards » Wed May 21, 2014 10:06 am

HockeyDad41 wrote:Has everyone kind of moved on from posting about AAA hockey on this site? We've had a few spring tournaments now but nothing about them mentioned around here.
People in Minnesota just don't seem to get that into AAA hockey. It's kind of a letdown after an Association season. It is a good way to stay on the ice and let the kids have some fun until the weather gets nice though. My kid has been on the ice since September and I'm burnt out. Luckily he's not, but one tournament left and I will be happy to put the skates away and concentrate on Baseball.

JSR

Post by JSR » Wed May 21, 2014 10:31 am

Froggy Richards wrote:
People in Minnesota just don't seem to get that into AAA hockey. It's kind of a letdown after an Association season. It is a good way to stay on the ice and let the kids have some fun until the weather gets nice though. My kid has been on the ice since September and I'm burnt out. Luckily he's not, but one tournament left and I will be happy to put the skates away and concentrate on Baseball.
Unless your kid plays for the Machine or the Blades or maybe the Miracle Gold at some age groups, then they care ALOT, maybe too much...

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:52 am

My 9th grade son/8th grade daughter are out for track so they are off the ice vuntill STP w/highschool. My two pee-wees have plaed a couple tournys and MASH but not like other years. I 'm just not in "the know" anymore. OG is getting older. :oops:

bestpopcorn

Post by bestpopcorn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 pm

JSR wrote:
Froggy Richards wrote:
Unless your kid plays for the Machine or the Blades or maybe the Miracle Gold at some age groups, then they care ALOT, maybe too much...
It is interesting when the gung ho and recreational are on the same team. Four or five dads grumping about "development", the rest figuring out where to go for pizza. I am in the pizza crowd.

AAA was fun for my family, that's all I really cared about. 3 or 4 tournaments per summer took the place of other summer trips for a time. Kids all to old now, I miss it.

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 pm

Here are YHH's final AAA rankings. Any comments? I for one think the 5th place team in '01 is out of place. They finished 4th in the open division of the Caribou Cup.

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 pm

57special

Post by 57special » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 pm

goaliedad31 wrote:Here are YHH's final AAA rankings. Any comments? I for one think the 5th place team in '01 is out of place. They finished 4th in the open division of the Caribou Cup.
There are two IE Black teams. Maybe the one in the Open division was the weaker one.

Some of the rankings are bogus because tournament results were pumped up by ringers.

goaliedad31

Post by goaliedad31 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 am

Both IE Black teams played in the open division.

barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Ice Edge Black #1 looked good but not great at Caribou. I saw them earlier in the summer and they seemed better.

Overall that 2001 group is really fragmented. After the top 3 things fall off sharply.

It doesn't seem like IE should be #5 but there aren't any other teams that are clearly better. There are about 7-8 teams that are all similar to IE.