Bantam B1 Final Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

tdruk wrote:chisago lakes would get their ass kicked by every team in those rankings. with the exception of jefferson. those arent the final rankings right
whoa, why are you hating on the jags?
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

the jags blow. have you watched them play? 2 kids can barely skate
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

How can you say they blow?
They Beat:
Edina Green,Chaska,Wayzata Blue,Lakeville South,Blaine,EP Black (2),Burnsville,Moorehead,Wayzata Gold,Champlin Park (2) and they also tied EP Red twice.
UWhockey88

Post by UWhockey88 »

Hey tdruk-sure hope you are a kid as you are acting very immature!
I suggest you read the "rules" of this thread. No one cares if you can swear-so knock it off!

As for Pequot Lakes bringing their whole town-GREAT FOR THEM! That's what small schools do-it's called support! I would rather be a plaid wearing small town dude that a preppy polo wearing "I'll support my team if they win" kind of guy!
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

I totaly disagree with tdruk! Chisago might have went 1-2 in state, but they were a good solid team, everyone thinks that #10 and #26/6 carried the team. They were good players, and I have to admitt ive never seen 2 kids that can go shift after shift and play like they do, but they had a solid team to help them. Blaine only beat them 1-0 and 5-3. And they beat East,Stillwater, and Hermantown to get to state.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Mr. Danglz 69 wrote:I went to the the state championship game b tween Wbl and E.P. Eden Prarie absolutoly dominated wbl. WbL got a lucky first goal. Eden Praries first line killed wbl line and same wiht their 2nd and 3rd line. The only reason why WBL won b cuz of their physical play and luck. E.P. out shot them 34-18. If Eden Prarie were to play WBL again. E.P. would blow the out.
I was also there. WBL out skated, out hustled, out hit and out shot EP. They beat EP at every facet of the game. The WBL forward made a great play, beat the EP defense and the goaltender on a backhand and you call it lucky? Most of us call it a great play. I suppose the WBL 2nd goal, a rifle shot from the point was also lucky? And the fact that WBL shut out EP. Was that luck? EP moved the puck well until they hit the WBL zone. Then they could do nothing, WBL's defense had EP stymied. EP dominated only the last minute or so, after they pulled their goalie and WBL got a penalty. But even with a 6 on 4 advanatge, EP couldn't get the puck past the WBL defense. WBL was the best team in the tournament. EP was outplayed and outcoached. EP wasn't even the 2nd best team, Blaine was. There is no denying it and there is no argument. The scoreboard and scorebook don't lie. Case closed!
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Snipesky13 wrote:
stabears wrote:here is my take after playing each team in state
1.wbl
2.Wayzata
3. Blaine
4. ep red
5. chisago

but it did not turn out thisway exactly so it does not really matter

Ok everyone needs to understand that everyones top 5 will be differnt. As we all learned, on any given day any of these teams can beat any other. White bear lost to EP twice in the regualr season, but them in the 'ship. EP beat Wayzata in Edina, Wayzata beat them in Regions. Blaine and Chsiago had some very close games during they year (sorry cant clarify scores and who won off the top of my head). The point is, besides the obvious of having to give White Bear there credit as the top spot, I see all of these teams as equals.
EP and WBL only played once during the regular season, at Bemidi. EP won in a shootout.
LetsPlayHockey22

If the White Bear vs. Blaine game would have been the final that would have been a great state championship game. It was 1-1 the whole game , both goalies played great, a great game to watch. White Bear earned their stripes, they were the underdog and they won it all. My hats of to White Bear Orange.
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

MedleyWR wrote:
Snipesky13 wrote:
stabears wrote:here is my take after playing each team in state
1.wbl
2.Wayzata
3. Blaine
4. ep red
5. chisago

but it did not turn out thisway exactly so it does not really matter

Ok everyone needs to understand that everyones top 5 will be differnt. As we all learned, on any given day any of these teams can beat any other. White bear lost to EP twice in the regualr season, but them in the 'ship. EP beat Wayzata in Edina, Wayzata beat them in Regions. Blaine and Chsiago had some very close games during they year (sorry cant clarify scores and who won off the top of my head). The point is, besides the obvious of having to give White Bear there credit as the top spot, I see all of these teams as equals.
EP and WBL only played once during the regular season, at Bemidi. EP won in a shootout.
Wrong, they also scrimmaged in the middle of the season with EP winning 4-2.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

DAbears25 wrote:
MedleyWR wrote:
Snipesky13 wrote:
Wrong, they also scrimmaged in the middle of the season with EP winning 4-2.
There was a scrimmage at Yackel. But, a scrimmage is a practice, not a game. There are no referees and no official record. There was only one official game between the two teams, before the State championship, and that was at Bemidji.
DAbears25

Post by DAbears25 »

Yes...but actually there were refs and are in most scrimmages. The teams played it like any other game so you cant say its much different at all. Not trying to drag this on forever, just pointing that it was the same as any other game...so the teams actually have played twice, both times being close games.
LesHabs

Post by LesHabs »

Medley you have no idea what you are talking about. I am taking nothing away from WBL, they won the game fair and square and they are a very deserving championship team, but to say they out hustled, out hit, and out shot EP is ignorant. WBL game plan was simple, don't take any penalties and score the first goal. Because they did not want to take any penalties, they hardly hit EP. EPs smaller player did not back down at all from WBL and if anything were the aggressors. Furthermore, once WBL scored the first goal, they simply collapsed their big lugs around the net and dared EP to get the puck through. The WBL kids did a TREMENDOUS job of blocking shots and their goalie took care of the rest. If you counted total shots, EP clearly had the advantage there. However, they did not get many quality scoring chances because of WBL great team defense. EP had a 6-4 man advantage for the last 5 seconds of the game. It was a great game, evenly played up and down the ice, both teams should be proud of the way they played.
rbkhockeyman2070

Post by rbkhockeyman2070 »

my coach told that scrimmages are just like games and you should play like they are. If you dont play like you do in a game then you should feel sorry for yourself. and If im not mistaken didnt Ep beat Blaine twice? not sure but please tell me if im wrong.
LetsPlayHockey22

Ep and Blaine tied early in the season, 3-3 or 2-2, dont remember. And they played again and EP won 2-0, but what i heard was correct Blaine outplayed EP but i honestly couldnt tell you if thats true
Mr. Danglz 69

Post by Mr. Danglz 69 »

hey "medly" wat team wer you on B2?
stabears

Post by stabears »

leshabs, you were right about one thing.
our goal was to not get any penalties
but to say we were not plaing phisical
we sent 3 kids on their team offt the ice injured in 2 shifts
thay could not handle our for check.
in the 3rd we went to a 1 man for check and still kept the puck in their end????????
were u even at the game?
stabears

Post by stabears »

leshabs, you were right about one thing.
our goal was to not get any penalties
but to say we were not plaing phisical
we sent 3 kids on their team offt the ice injured in 2 shifts
thay could not handle our for check.
in the 3rd we went to a 1 man for check and still kept the puck in their end????????
were u even at the game?
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Mr. Danglz 69 wrote:hey "medly" wat team wer you on B2?
Danglz,

I would like to offer you some important advice. You might find as you grow up that there is some value in learning some of the important lessons that are offered in school, such as grammer, spelling and punctuation. Most of your life will take place long after your hockey playing days are behind you and literacy will be an important tool in coping in the workplace.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

LesHabs wrote:Medley you have no idea what you are talking about. I am taking nothing away from WBL, they won the game fair and square and they are a very deserving championship team, but to say they out hustled, out hit, and out shot EP is ignorant. WBL game plan was simple, don't take any penalties and score the first goal. Because they did not want to take any penalties, they hardly hit EP. EPs smaller player did not back down at all from WBL and if anything were the aggressors. Furthermore, once WBL scored the first goal, they simply collapsed their big lugs around the net and dared EP to get the puck through. The WBL kids did a TREMENDOUS job of blocking shots and their goalie took care of the rest. If you counted total shots, EP clearly had the advantage there. However, they did not get many quality scoring chances because of WBL great team defense. EP had a 6-4 man advantage for the last 5 seconds of the game. It was a great game, evenly played up and down the ice, both teams should be proud of the way they played.
Les Habs,
We agree on many of the qualities of the game. You wrote, "WBL game plan was simple". It was simple. WBL's game plan was to out hit and out skate EP, and the Bears obviously accomplished this. WBL exhibited tremendous defense and goaltending. And, both teams shoud be proud of the way they played.
I guess we can disagree on on other aspects of the game. I remain steadfast in my opinion that WBL out-played a very good EP team. I have not seen an official shot count, so maybe our differing observations here are a matter of perpective. But, as you stated, " The WBL kids did a TREMENDOUS job of blocking shots". If a shot doesn't get through the defense, it's not a shot. EP has superior offensive skills, but the WBL checking and skating took EP out of their game. I don't think EP expected this, which is why I wrote that EP was outcoached. There was not a team in the tournament that could skate with WBL.
To call the WBL defense "big lugs" is demeaning to a members of the State Championship team that deserve better. It is also incorrect. WBL defense features two good-sized kids, but four skaters that are smaller. You are entitled to your opinion that I have no idea of what I am talking about and that I am ignorant. But, the scoreboard contradicts your opinions. And afterall, it is the scoreboard that counts.
Snipesky13

Post by Snipesky13 »

MedleyWR wrote:
LesHabs wrote:Medley you have no idea what you are talking about. I am taking nothing away from WBL, they won the game fair and square and they are a very deserving championship team, but to say they out hustled, out hit, and out shot EP is ignorant. WBL game plan was simple, don't take any penalties and score the first goal. Because they did not want to take any penalties, they hardly hit EP. EPs smaller player did not back down at all from WBL and if anything were the aggressors. Furthermore, once WBL scored the first goal, they simply collapsed their big lugs around the net and dared EP to get the puck through. The WBL kids did a TREMENDOUS job of blocking shots and their goalie took care of the rest. If you counted total shots, EP clearly had the advantage there. However, they did not get many quality scoring chances because of WBL great team defense. EP had a 6-4 man advantage for the last 5 seconds of the game. It was a great game, evenly played up and down the ice, both teams should be proud of the way they played.
Les Habs,
We agree on many of the qualities of the game. You wrote, "WBL game plan was simple". It was simple. WBL's game plan was to out hit and out skate EP, and the Bears obviously accomplished this. WBL exhibited tremendous defense and goaltending. And, both teams shoud be proud of the way they played.
I guess we can disagree on on other aspects of the game. I remain steadfast in my opinion that WBL out-played a very good EP team. I have not seen an official shot count, so maybe our differing observations here are a matter of perpective. But, as you stated, " The WBL kids did a TREMENDOUS job of blocking shots". If a shot doesn't get through the defense, it's not a shot. EP has superior offensive skills, but the WBL checking and skating took EP out of their game. I don't think EP expected this, which is why I wrote that EP was outcoached. There was not a team in the tournament that could skate with WBL.
To call the WBL defense "big lugs" is demeaning to a members of the State Championship team that deserve better. It is also incorrect. WBL defense features two good-sized kids, but four skaters that are smaller. You are entitled to your opinion that I have no idea of what I am talking about and that I am ignorant. But, the scoreboard contradicts your opinions. And afterall, it is the scoreboard that counts.

Here's a question from a nuetral third party, why are we arguing this? I dont think EP needs anyone to tell them they played well despite losing, and White Bear obviously does not need anybody to tell them that. White Bear won by a score of 2-0, thats it. If shots were 100-2 it wouldn't matter, White Bear won, game over, discussion over.
Hi Eric Hanse!
Snipesky13

Post by Snipesky13 »

MedleyWR wrote:
Les Habs,
Heres a question from a nuetral third party, why are we arguing this? EP doesnt need anyone to tell them they played well or outplayed White BEar, and White Bear obviously doesnt need anything but that state championship trophy to tell them how they did. This argument is a joke, if shots were 100-2 in favor of Ep, it would not matter, White Bear won, thats all that needs to be said. End of Discussion.
Hi Eric Hanse!
tdruk

Post by tdruk »

there you go snipesky
Khubs14

Post by Khubs14 »

dude Tdruk i love you, u r my hero
minnesotahockeystar15

Post by minnesotahockeystar15 »

All you need to know is that WBL is 1 and EP is 2 the other teams in the tourney were stellar but the top two are the only ones that count. WBL came out with heart and the attitude to win and putting them second doesn't make sense. So all you need to know is:
1-WBL
2- EP
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

Since it is Easter, we must talk about miracles. I think WBL Orange winning the state truly was a miracle, and I am petitoning the Pope to recognize it. If EP Red and Orange play 1000 times, Red wins 999 of those. That is a miracle.