Toronto Prospects 1992

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

selloutcrowd99

Toronto Prospects 1992

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

Does anyone know who will be going up to Toronto with the two blades teams this year? Or which players are on each team...Or rosters...Or other teams going...? Tell me what you know
The truth hurts
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

there are 2 teams White and Black some of the white players are : Noah Gavin, Christian Isackson, Justin Crandall, Aj Ried, Zach Schroeder, Carl Krieger, Jake Mckee, max smith, Joe Dobesh, Jeff Paulok, David Jarret, Drew brevig and some other Defenceman from Minnehaha the goalies are Kurt Altricher and Jake Meyers

Black : Guan Wang, Gardiner, Brady Loew, John Hatch, Jason Clark, Cal Decowski, 2 other forwards, Taylor Richart, Justin Faulk, Andrew Herbert, Brandon Kuha and another D from shattuck Goalies are Adam Wilcox and Ryan Oshea
Mr. Danglz 69

Post by Mr. Danglz 69 »

joe dobesh sucks
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

How is Taylor Richart good enough to play on that team but Bjugstead isn't? I only saw him play against Centennial but I just didnt see anything special. Also i disagree Joe Dobesh is a good player.
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:How is Taylor Richart good enough to play on that team but Bjugstead isn't? I only saw him play against Centennial but I just didnt see anything special. Also i disagree Joe Dobesh is a good player.
No, I'm pretty sure Bjugstad will be going but just wasn't mentioned. He has been playing with the 92 blades since the team started...He is a great player, one of the best 92's out there. As for Richart, he may not be the best but he can hold his ground and is a solid defensemen. We will see how he does in Toronto.
The truth hurts
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

Bjugstad isn't going he and his family chose not to. and i wouldn't say dobesh is good
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

Oh now i see, yeah dobesh didn't impress me in select tryouts
The truth hurts
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

Is this still the Blades website.............
http://www.minnesotablades.com/
.............or do the have a newer one?
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

yes it is the website and not all of those players on that list are going to toronto
xicemenx24

dobesh

Post by xicemenx24 »

Joe is obviously good because he made his select 15 team and played jv as an 8th grader at STA
mightyknight

Post by mightyknight »

sounds like two solid teams. Has a good mix of scorers,playmakers,bangers,offensive D's, and defensive D's. Goaltending looks pretty solid too. Heard the Bjugstad kid can't make the trip. Same with Rubelke. Good luck in Toronto.
dump truck6

Post by dump truck6 »

How many kids are on each team?
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

8 forwards 5 defence 2 goalies
SotaH0ck14

Post by SotaH0ck14 »

joe dobesh is not good at all
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

Minnesota Blades Black: Ryan O’Shea (Eastview varsity), Justin Lutsch (Shattuck Tier 1 bantams, from Centennial, Colorado), Alec Horton (Maple Grove bantams), Brandon Kuha (Andover bantams), Cal Decowski (Andover bantams), Guan Wang (Shattuck Tier 1 bantams, from Ames, Iowa), Justin Faulk (St. Thomas Academy j.v.), Brady Loew (Rosemount varsity), Tyler Nowicki (Woodbury bantams), Jason Clark (Eden Prairie bantams), Max Gardiner (Minnetonka bantams), Taylor Richart (Blaine bantams), John Hatch (Edina bantams), Andrew Herbert (Woodbury bantams) and Adam Wilcox (River Heights bantams)

Minnesota Blades Gray: Jacob Meyers (Eden Prairie bantams), Drew Brevig (Lakeville South bantams), Zach Schroeder (Lakeville South bantams), Chase Wichelmann (Minnehaha Academy varsity), Jeff Pauluk (Bloomington Jefferson bantams), Joe Dobesh (St. Thomas Academy j.v.), Jake McKee (Tartan bantams), David Jarrett (Edina bantams), Christian Isackson (St. Thomas Academy varsity), A.J. Reid (Lakeville South bantams), Justin Crandall (St. Thomas Academy j.v.), Noah Gavin (St. Thomas Academy varsity), Max Smith (Eastview varsity) and Kurt Altrichter (St. Thomas Academy j.v.)

ROSTERS & STATS
SCHEDULE & SCORES
hitsomebody

Toronto Prospects 1992

Post by hitsomebody »

That’s a long way to go not to win a game: :oops:

MN Blades Gray 1-4 loss 2-2 tie 1-3 loss 2-3 loss

MN Blades Black 4-2 win 2-0 win 2-3 loss 3-0 win

The black team went 3-1 in pool and was knocked off the 1st round of the playoffs.

I'm very surprised with this group.
I guess we all need to keep working.
mightyknight

Post by mightyknight »

That's the type of comment made from someone who has no clue on the talent level and competition that is in Toronto. I heard the Gray was in every game but just couldn't get the big goal. The black I heard played great defense and jelled pretty good together. Nice job to both Blades team.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Not a surprise they didn't fair all that well. While all the players are decent hockey players in their own rights, they also appear to be the "chosen" ones. I've seen a lot of them play on teams with my son, and I would have to be honest and say they ain't the best Minn has to offer a Prospect Tournament. Other than Minnesota, the states and provinces that send teams to tournaments like these are sending the Best players they have to offer. Unlike Minnesota which sends the same groups year after year because the parents can afford it, the players have buddies who play, and because the dads think it's their god given right. Wake up, people. Minnesota hockey is becoming an afterthought throughout the country. Get with the program and start sending ALL the players who deserve and earn that right to be a "Prospect".

Once again, the players who went were probably all decent in their own ways, but were they the best we had to offer? Or was it just another rich kids vacation?
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

GR3343 wrote:Not a surprise they didn't fair all that well. While all the players are decent hockey players in their own rights, they also appear to be the "chosen" ones. I've seen a lot of them play on teams with my son, and I would have to be honest and say they ain't the best Minn has to offer a Prospect Tournament. Other than Minnesota, the states and provinces that send teams to tournaments like these are sending the Best players they have to offer. Unlike Minnesota which sends the same groups year after year because the parents can afford it, the players have buddies who play, and because the dads think it's their god given right. Wake up, people. Minnesota hockey is becoming an afterthought throughout the country. Get with the program and start sending ALL the players who deserve and earn that right to be a "Prospect".

Once again, the players who went were probably all decent in their own ways, but were they the best we had to offer? Or was it just another rich
kids vacation?
I can't think of many other players who should be in their place. Sure they all weren't the absolute best in Minnesota, but they definitely are up there. It is hard to pick from 1,000,000 players to make into two teams. And, GR3323, I did feel that they should've taken a few kids from up north to add some diversity in the teams, and also because they can bring a lot of talent.

On another note, keep in mind that some of the teams up there, for example the Jr. Canadiens who had played 100+ games with eachother and play internationally were in this tournament. It adds a little bit of adversity for the teams (like the blades) that could only juggle up a few practices with eachother.
The truth hurts
mightyknight

Post by mightyknight »

The majority of the teams that go to the Prospects are backed by big money. Teams from New York and Jersey pay players to play for there teams for the weekend. Look on the Prospect web site for team listings and you'll see most teams have players that play in other states or countries. So maybe you (GR3343) could get the money to pay the way for all the kids who desrve to go. For some it is a money issue. Others it maybe a sports conflict or something else. Do the Blades have all the best kids, no they do not. Most of them have been together for several years. Should they be asked to leave their AAA team because someone might be a little better. I'm sure there are several northern players who deserve to play. But how do they get to practice and be a part of the team. I for one thought it was good they brought two teams this year. If there is more interest maybe they could bring one or two more. Thats just my two cents.
my2cents

Post by my2cents »

I for one will not hang my hat on how a bunch of 8th and 9th graders from the Blades teams do in Toronto. It is what it is. Minnesota hockey is doing just fine. It's hard to beat the HS system to develop the most numbers of players. Let NY, Mich and Mass develop 20 kids each year. We'll keep developing 2000.
jancze5

you guys

Post by jancze5 »

You guys are killing me...New York and New Jersey teams pay their players..that's a joke and so far from the truth. What is the truth is that people with money and businesses and "special interests" utilize their adult skillset and organize funding to pay for the tournament fee. Some teams are able to raise a quick 20K from donations and outside sources that is used to fund some other things. If nobody in Minnesota hockey wants to get the ball rolling and take the bull by the horns, then this is what's going to happen.

The hockey landscape is changing drastically with talent and knowledge of players. A kid who is a stud AAA Pee Wee/Bantam outside of Minnesota will find himself on a couple teams through the year. Many AAA kids from Jersey/New York even are rostered with Ontario teams for the summer circuit.

Many of the top kids/parents consider the April-June tourney time frame a second season. The top kids do play this time of year, they get to play with kids from Florida, Arizona, Toronto, Connecticut..all over...and they love it. When you have a line of a kid from the Montreal Jr Canadians, a JR Flyer, and a Honeybaked player..you've got some diversity. AND truly good TEAM players can play with anyone....

YES, the systems hurt All Star teams...when a team that plays a 100+ games plays a team that practices twice...it will show.

What's the answer??? anyone?? I don't have it without promoting a more diverse AAA program, but at the same time...LOOK AT THE END RESULTS.
Pay attention over the next few years to the kids going D-1/D-III/USHL/etc..and where they are from...If you start to see a drastic slide away from Minnesota...then Minnesota needs to change it's ways.
xicemenx24

blades grey

Post by xicemenx24 »

i was on the bladews grey team and our biggest rpoblem was our size.
We couldnt handle the play in front of the nets and just couldn't get that big goal.
But we were also in every game except the first

Gr just seems like a mad hockey dad whos kid didnt get asked to go and it was not just some vacation for a bunch of rich kids.
GR3343

Re: blades grey

Post by GR3343 »

xicemenx24 wrote:i was on the bladews grey team and our biggest rpoblem was our size.
We couldnt handle the play in front of the nets and just couldn't get that big goal.
But we were also in every game except the first

Gr just seems like a mad hockey dad whos kid didnt get asked to go and it was not just some vacation for a bunch of rich kids.
GR is not a mad hockey dad, just one who's tired of hearing how good teams like the Blades are and how deserving those kids are and should be chosen as "Prospects", and the future of Minnesota hockey. I know there are equally as good, and perhaps better players in northern Minn. The lack of funding is an issue as well as lack of ice to have AAA teams from the area, whereas in the Twin Cities area, you could practically find teams and/or ice every other block. The only reason more northern kids aren't selected to play with the Blades or any others is, plain and simple, location.
selloutcrowd99

Post by selloutcrowd99 »

He is not mad, just "tired"
The truth hurts