Official Bantam B 2007-2008

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CDHHockey

Post by CDHHockey » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Highland 3
Eagan 3

bear15

Post by bear15 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 am

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:Apple Valley and White Bear Lake Orange go at it again tonight at the Ankoa Tourney in a re-match of a game that AV took 5-1. Should be a good game, AV has not been playing well very well lately though. This is the game where AV player sieved the WBL goalie with the ref shirt on, is WBL a team that will get after that kid or are they a team that will just play there game? Either way should be a good one.
not much of a game, 15 was playing good, 4 and 8 were on their game also. 23 on AV was mugging 15 on WBL and 15 still rocked

bear15

Post by bear15 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 am

Bearhockey13 wrote:
StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 wrote:
Bearhockey13 wrote:
Bearhockey13 wrote:
V3'srock wrote:white bear lake orange- 2
white bear lake black----2
This was a great game, although once again WBBL out shot WBO almost 3 to 1. Again... Same thing that happened in the first match up. WBBL is 3 lines deep, with good goal tending, WBO is 2 1/2 guys deep, with good goal tending.

The problem is even though WBBL totally dominated both games, they have a hard time putting the puck in the net. I can't think of 1 kid up front that can shoot, hard or accurate, 90 % of there shots are were in the belly of the goalie.

WBLO I hear is all trailor trash

WBBL is by far a deeper team - If WBO loses 1 of there 2 best players they will have a hard time winning anything.
If you can't think of one kid who can shoot then you must be 0 kids deep. (haha)

Listen, wb black is not any deeper than orange. What black does is control the puck a lot better than orange and black is one of the best passing teams I have seen all year.
Both teams are fun to watch, have good kids and will play again in districts.

But, I'll take the 2 1/2 play-makers any day.

I'm very curious who the 1/2 player is though?
I have seen a few of the WBBL games and they have 2 kids that can shoot and they are both defense, both have cannon slap shots, only one of them is consistently accurate though, and only one can take a good quick wrist shot (harder than most of the kids slap shots). none of the forwards can shoot and that is where they appear to struggle, from what I have seen. WBBL has 3 solid lines and a heck of a forecheck, WBBO has #4 #15 the 1/2 is #9 he is looking better every game, so he could go up with the other 2, other than that, it goes down hill from there. WBBL could have alot of play makers if they decide to make plays, and they appear to be capable, there passing game is awesome (when they use it). They need to use all of there resources especially there "D" The games I saw they don't take advantage of there D in offensive zone. The other thing I noticed was in the rematch was on the power play the only time they use there D is when they panic. I think that if this team learns to use the entire team they will be very dangerous and there pretty darn good now.

What you are describing is Bantam B level hockey. It has its ups and downs on every team. Yours, ours and the rest of the league have all of those caracteristics.
As far as depth goes, how did Orange beat Black in first game and then tie in the second game? If Orange lacked depth it wouldn't be that close.
District 2 mandates that two teams playing at same level must be created equally. They did and they are!
Goodluck in Moorhead...
WBBL out played and out shot the WBO almost 3 to 1 in both games from what I understand, the difference was the play makers, WBO has a couple of goal scorers there is no question, and 1 kid scored all 5 goals in there first game against WBBL, WBBL has got to learn to put the puck in the net, if that does come around watch out, they will be dangerous!!!!! they are scary fast with a good breakout and forecheck, solid defense and both goalies are really good. They simply can't score.

The WBLAH picks there B-1 teams like this. during tryouts both team coaches have individual ratings of the kids. After tryouts the flip a coin for first pick and go every other pick from there. It doesn't get more fair than that. Different coaches see different things, one kid may have a great try out and not play so good on the other hand another may have a horrible try out for what ever reason and turn out to be your horse.

noConsistancy

bear babies...

Post by noConsistancy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:33 am

#4 is a big kid who can certainly shoot, hit , defend and play a complete game. fun to watch him...

#15 is a goon - who threw a punch for no reason and simply has
no class on how to win. coach clapped for it - so there is no class there....

most top D6 teams will destroy WBLO - tonka, EP , BV
it wouldn't even be a game except for when #4 is on the ice....

bear15 wrote:
hockeyjunkie2 wrote:Apple Valley and White Bear Lake Orange go at it again tonight at the Ankoa Tourney in a re-match of a game that AV took 5-1. Should be a good game, AV has not been playing well very well lately though. This is the game where AV player sieved the WBL goalie with the ref shirt on, is WBL a team that will get after that kid or are they a team that will just play there game? Either way should be a good one.
not much of a game, 15 was playing good, 4 and 8 were on their game also. 23 on AV was mugging 15 on WBL and 15 still rocked

V3'srock

Re: bear babies...

Post by V3'srock » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:50 am

noConsistancy wrote:#4 is a big kid who can certainly shoot, hit , defend and play a complete game. fun to watch him...

bear15 wrote:

15 threw a punch because that kid was hacking/slashing and talking crap down the entire rink and 24 on apple valley did the little jersey thing last time WBLO played them not saying 15 should of thrown a punch but he just didnt control his anger there

noConsistancy

orange bear babies...

Post by noConsistancy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:06 pm

23 plays defense - he was backing up the whole game
15 is the hack,slash,punch and cry about someone
showing a ref jersey under their hockey jersey,
oh gee that was so mean of him....
sure yes go ahead and punch him with hockey equipment on....
15 must have been abused as a small child
and still feeling the rejection....
probably will grow up to be a burger king manager...

LOL

V3'srock wrote:
noConsistancy wrote:#4 is a big kid who can certainly shoot, hit , defend and play a complete game. fun to watch him...

bear15 wrote:

15 threw a punch because that kid was hacking/slashing and talking crap down the entire rink and 24 on apple valley did the little jersey thing last time WBLO played them not saying 15 should of thrown a punch but he just didnt control his anger there

V3'srock

Re: orange bear babies...

Post by V3'srock » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:24 pm

and your just ticked because WBLO is a better team than Apple Valley it was just in the first game they played them they had there worst game of the year javascript:emoticon(':D')

noConsistancy wrote:23 plays defense - he was backing up the whole game
15 is the hack,slash,punch and cry about someone
showing a ref jersey under their hockey jersey,
oh gee that was so mean of him....
sure yes go ahead and punch him with hockey equipment on....
15 must have been abused as a small child
and still feeling the rejection....
probably will grow up to be a burger king manager...

LOL

V3'srock wrote:

bear15 wrote:

outside_observer

Post by outside_observer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Burnsville 4
EP Red 2
Good game, EP Came out 2-0.
Very evenly played.

sonofblueblood

Tonka

Post by sonofblueblood » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Skippers 9 Lakeville North 1

blueblood

Skippies

Post by blueblood » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Nice game "Son"

hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm

bear15 wrote:
The score was not really indicative of the game WBL took advantage of chances and AV didn't.

And as a parent or if you are a player or coach to come and say that throwing a punch is ok shows that there is no class or maturity on that team. He did it twice to the 24 that's terrible. Also 4 is a good player but also like 15 just play the game they are cheap and dirty players. 15 should have been kicked out easily with a suspension also. You can say what you want to but like i said just no class for that team it shows.

StoppatchFairplayHelmets0

Post by StoppatchFairplayHelmets0 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:49 pm

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:
bear15 wrote:
The score was not really indicative of the game WBL took advantage of chances and AV didn't.

And as a parent or if you are a player or coach to come and say that throwing a punch is ok shows that there is no class or maturity on that team. He did it twice to the 24 that's terrible. Also 4 is a good player but also like 15 just play the game they are cheap and dirty players. 15 should have been kicked out easily with a suspension also. You can say what you want to but like i said just no class for that team it shows.
White Bear was embarrassed by this team in the first meeting. The rematch was fairly clean play until the AV guy hauled down #15 like a stuffed animal and drawing a holding penalty. That's when it started to get a bit rougher. It wasn't really all that rough though from a Bantam hockey perspective. Did you or anyone think that it would not escalate from that point? I don't really like, nor do I enjoy seeing teams run at each other, however, I think under the circumstances WBL showed more intestinal fortitude having not backed down from a team that knew they were going to lose the game.
Should they have just let your players run at them? I guess throwing a guy down by the helmet is ok but a little punch is not?

noConsistancy

thats almost hilarious...

Post by noConsistancy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:56 am

fairly clean play ? what game did you watch ?
hey WBO is a good team, we were surprised to beat them 5-1
in that first tourny - we lost many many games in a row before that
tourny - the kid 24 - just ref'd a game before this game and did not "premeditate" the ref jersey...
why would he - we seldom scored
we never scored 5 in a game before that
ok so finally a win, and truthfully speaking
many "runs" were made by WBO in losing that first game,
esp at the end - it was beyond ridiculous....
so he lifts his regular jersey and the ref jersey underneath
and points like a ref would that it was a goal...
we just 30 seconds before that had a player boarded by #15
who never even touched or was close to the puck...
2/3 minutes after that #4 checks our tiny #19 ( 4'1" ) into the
boards from behind. ( don't you remember that ? )

wbo hit a few posts and certainly and justifyable was shocked
when it was suddenly 4-1 AV in that first game - and that
is when the cheap shots began....

so get real.....wbo just thought about revenge before the puck was
even dropped for the rematch..(didn't you hear the taunts being
yelled from the bench ? )

so some very nice tips ( 2nd one was really nice out of mid air )
resulted in 2 WBO goals pretty quickly and
it was obvious.....time to win and cheap shot too ...!

the refs were calling nothing except obvious stuff - so why
not pour on the cheap shots....

15 go home - you should be ejected from the game

go play badmitton and beat up your neighbors....

your a good player - go act like it....

forget about college hockey - they won't take cheap shot artists....

if you get to college - take some memory courses, so that
you can remember the true sequence of events.

jfyi> an AV video taped the entire game, i just watched it again
to make sure of what i was saying - man talk about sore losers
in that first game.

but i do have to thank you - our 11 kids who are 13yr old first year bantams learned what not to act like.....

cheers !

hockeyjunkie2 wrote:
bear15 wrote:

White Bear was embarrassed by this team in the first meeting. The rematch was fairly clean play until the AV guy hauled down #15 like a stuffed animal and drawing a holding penalty. That's when it started to get a bit rougher. It wasn't really all that rough though from a Bantam hockey perspective. Did you or anyone think that it would not escalate from that point? I don't really like, nor do I enjoy seeing teams run at each other, however, I think under the circumstances WBL showed more intestinal fortitude having not backed down from a team that knew they were going to lose the game.
Should they have just let your players run at them? I guess throwing a guy down by the helmet is ok but a little punch is not?

noConsistancy

wow

Post by noConsistancy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:59 am

wow - BV must be pretty good - EPR looked unbeatable in the 3/4 games i have seen.....
great we end our season by playing burnsville twice in 3 days....
pray for us....
:-)

outside_observer wrote:Burnsville 4
EP Red 2
Good game, EP Came out 2-0.
Very evenly played.

HockeyGuru#6

Post by HockeyGuru#6 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:01 am

hey noCon can u put dat video on youtube i wanna see the goal with the ref jersey thing, i think it is great and would love 2 see it

noConsistancy

Re: Tonka

Post by noConsistancy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:02 am

more wow....

tonka does look top notch....

lakeville is hurting at bantam b1 i think ?
south lost to prior lake 5-0 in the anoka tournament,
lakeville looked big but somewhat stationary,
maybe it was just a "off" game ???

i thought lakeville A was one of the top teams - maybe
that was last year.....i don't really track that district...

sonofblueblood wrote:Skippers 9 Lakeville North 1

noConsistancy

i'll work on it

Post by noConsistancy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:04 am

i will do that - but i have to download some software
to cut just that little piece out ? ( or do you know an easy way ? )
the AV dad taped every game in that tourney ( how ironic we won it
against the sioux falls bantam's who have no A team....(#19 was A+++)

splicing out that little section of the video should be easy,
i must be really missing something....
ah it's late....tomorrow....

HockeyGuru#6 wrote:hey noCon can u put dat video on youtube i wanna see the goal with the ref jersey thing, i think it is great and would love 2 see it

noConsistancy

again i have the video...

Post by noConsistancy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:12 am

we didn't board anyone....( ah we had 2 penalties until 0.1 remained )
( do you remember the last few minutes when WBO had 2 players
in the box - for obvious crosschecks in the middle of the back ) ?

if you saw the video - you would know that the wbo player
(sure looks accidental to me) got his hand caught inside the
shoulder pads of the av player when they both went down hard
seeing the video - it appeared accidental - not sure why wbo
fans were yelling for a penalty against the AV kid - the av kid
had the puck....it appeared in real time like the AV kid got
hauled down to some parents - but looking at the tape
both things looked accidental -
I did not see it real time - i was watching my child get up
from another accidental collision at center ice...but then
as he was getting up - the WBO shoved him down again
like he was in his way....

win with class and dignity - or is that just out of your teams vocabulary ?

StopatchFairplayHelmets0 wrote:
hockeyjunkie2 wrote:
bear15 wrote:

KOHO

Post by KOHO » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Pretty much the final week of regular scheduled hockey (district 6 anyway) good luck to all. Does anyone know the score of E.p red and the Edina Green game?

EagleGuy91

Post by EagleGuy91 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:08 pm

EP Red 3
Edina Green 3

KOHO

Post by KOHO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Eagle guy: Did both get Hep points?

Edina Green-Burnsville Tonight
Minnetonka- Chaska Tomorrow night
Eden Prairie Red-Edina White Wed.

Minnetonka wins and keeps Heppy they win the district, if they lose???
Eden Prairie loss could cost them second place
Burnsville loss would cost them chance at taking first.

Good games coming up

LesHabs

Post by LesHabs » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:49 pm

KOHO wrote:Eagle guy: Did both get Hep points?
yes, I believe they both did. Unless something drastic or unexpected happens in the remaining games, the order of fnish in D6 (top 5) will be:

1. Tonka
2. Burnsville
3. EP Red
4. EP Black
5. Edina Green

KOHO

Post by KOHO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Leshabs, you know to always expect the unexpected.

noConsistancy

standings..?

Post by noConsistancy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Team Games Won Lost Tied Pts FP Tot
1 Tonka 16 12 2 2 24 13 39
2 BV 16 12 3 1 19 14 39

looks to me that if burnsville wins last 3 + 3FP's ( playing chaska,av,av) that they would tie tonka ?
but do they lose the tiebreaker ?
head to head was 1-3 and 4-1 tonka is that #1 tie break ?

KOHO

Post by KOHO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm

According to District 6
Head to head competition among the tied teams, determined by points (2 for a win, 1 for a tie, 1 Fair Play point). The position of each team is determined in order of highest total point count, regardless of the number of times the tied teams met in league play.

16.2.2 Most wins in League play.

16.2.3 Fewest losses in League play.

16.2.4 Most Fair Play points earned in League play.
16.2.5 Largest goal differential among tied teams. (six goal max per game).

16.2.6 Greatest quotient; goal for divided by goals against among the tied teams.

16.2.7 Largest goal differential for all league play. (six goal max per game).

16.2.8 Greatest quotient, goals for divided by goals against for all league play.

16.2.9 Flip of a coin done by league official in the presence of the District Director.
When a position has been determined by the criteria in 1-5, and there are at least two teams remaining in a tied condition, then the tie breaking criteria will be reinitiated among the remaining teams.

Love the last one