Best 95 birth year aaa teams

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyman95

Best 95 birth year aaa teams

Post by hockeyman95 »

I was just wondering who everyone thought the best 95 birth year aaa teams are?!?
a ice person

Post by a ice person »

Machine,Icemen,Blades These are by far the best in the '95 age group.
snipethepipe00

Re: Best 95 birth year aaa teams

Post by snipethepipe00 »

hockeyman95 wrote:I was just wondering who everyone thought the best 95 birth year aaa teams are?!?
well....the 95 stars beat the 94 stars team and they were good but the 95's beat them....and the 95 stars where in the championship in a 94 tournament and played (cant remember) but lost 6-1
a ice person

Re: Best 95 birth year aaa teams

Post by a ice person »

snipethepipe00 wrote:
hockeyman95 wrote:I was just wondering who everyone thought the best 95 birth year aaa teams are?!?
well....the 95 stars beat the 94 stars team and they were good but the 95's beat them....and the 95 stars where in the championship in a 94 tournament and played (cant remember) but lost 6-1
O.K. but what '94 tournament was it? A open or Invitational? Is this the Lake Surperior Stars you are talking about or the team that is out of the Twin Cities( Minneapolis I think)?
hkymomx5

Post by hkymomx5 »

the 95 stars are nothing special. they cant beat top 94 teams which no 95 team should.
shooter803

Post by shooter803 »

I guess we will find out how good they are- the 95 stars are playing in Winnipeg & Toronto this spring.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

ice person- your forgetting about the jr. islanders you know the team that beat the icemen in the meltdown last summer.
punchinbag

Post by punchinbag »

Glad to have you back watchdog!
mnticketbroker

95 aaa teams top 10

Post by mnticketbroker »

1. Mn Blades
2. Mn Icemen
2. Machine
4. JR Islanders
5. Lake Superior Stars
6. Mn Flames
7. Mn Edge
8. Mn Made Snipers
9. RBK
10. Easton North
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

thanks punchinbag!!!! well i dont like the list above. going off of last summer i would say this.

1. machine
2. jr islanders
3. blades
4. icemen

if the islanders practiced 3 or 4 times a week like the machine they without any doubt would be #1
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Watchdog - Do the jr. Islanders and LS Stars play each other alot and whats the "cut-off" IF there is one for the players..i.e. LS Stars are all from Duluth and surrounding areas and JI's are from roso', Warroad area or does it matter...
hockeyparent11

Post by hockeyparent11 »

Last summer's results were pretty clear in the top 4.

Blades: They won the Machine's tournament in August and finished second to LA in their own tournament (LSS and Predator /Machine combo teams finished 5-6 in that tourney).

Icemen won duluth tourney and beat machine there.

Lake Superior Stars beat the Machine in Duluth, did not do great in Blades tourney.

Machine: Only secondary hardware in August, strong in the spring.

Final rankings would have probably been

1. Blades (based on August wins v. LSS and Machine tourney DNP Icemen)
2. Icemen (based on winning Duluth tourney and beating Machine)
3. LSS (based on losing to Blades, beating Machine and Icemen winning Duluth tourney)
4. Machine (based on August results)

Beyond that, lots of teams could claim to be in the 5-10 spots.
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

well i base my results on the biggest summer tourney in minnesota where all the teams were presant. meltdown invite.. not just off of game result but my opinion. as for the other stuff. the islanders arent from roseau and warroad. i think their is one from warroad and two or three roseau kids depending on who shows up. the rest are from all over the state some metro some from north dakota.
a ice person

Post by a ice person »

watchdog wrote:well i base my results on the biggest summer tourney in minnesota where all the teams were presant. meltdown invite.. not just off of game result but my opinion. as for the other stuff. the islanders arent from roseau and warroad. i think their is one from warroad and two or three roseau kids depending on who shows up. the rest are from all over the state some metro some from north dakota.

Well lets see how the teams fair this year in the meltdown. The schedule is out and it looks like it should be a very competative tourney this year.
It looks like they have set the tourney up so the top 3 or 4 teams should have no problem advancing. Good luck to all.
mrhockey2110

Post by mrhockey2110 »

Blades, Machine, LS Stars, Icemen, Flames, and Edge
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Edge and the Flames in the top 6 - Not even close. Blades are number UNO at this point, Machine, Iceman, LS Stars

Right now it's seems to be a "Teir 1" & "Teir 2"

Tier 1 - Blades, Machine, Iceman & LS stars

Eveyone else is in the "Tier II" category. Jr. Islanders being number 1 in Teir 2, Christian Bros, Easton Stealth (south), Snipers, Team Accleration, Team RBk, Midwest Leafs, Maybe the 95 Vipers, possibly the edge, flames

Any way you stack it - The top 2 will rule this summers hockey - Everyone else is playing for 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, place..,

I am only talking team hockey - Thier are alot of individuals in the Tier 2 that could play on anyone of the Tier 1 teams....But far as TEAMS go for the summer - this is it - If am proven wrong - I will buy you a beer!
watchdog

Post by watchdog »

superstar i beleive you nailed it. the only other factor that could play in is possible a canadien team or two that may show up. as far as the teams go that were in the meltdown those four stand out. the islanders are to small up front and with no practice they cant be a factor.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

WatchDog - I do agree with you. I saw the Jr. Islanders play and they are good. More practices and time together would help them greatly.

They are pretty close to being in that T1 category...Maybe add/subtract a couple players and they would right there.

It is amazing to see so many teams just (1) line away from being in the hunt.... If a couple teams "banded" together like Easton Stealth and Jr. Isanders :wink: - Look out! Or Christian Bros and J.I. or a couple others.

At the Meltdown I saw the teams hang tough for 2 periods or so against the Tier 1 teams. Just couldn't finish.
justlivin

Post by justlivin »

Has anyone seen the 95 Minnesota Mission team play? They seem to be beating up on all there comp. in showcase AAA and a second place in the meltdown open.Have they played any of the above mentioned teams?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I haven't seen them play - But of your talking about 2nd place in the OPEN division in the Meltdown - then they would probably get beat by 9 or 10 by the top 4 teams..

So I guess your looking at another "Tier II" team - Join the rest of us playing for 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th place........ :D
justlivin

Post by justlivin »

MN Mission 95' took first in the St. Croix Classic this past weekend. A 8-4 victory over the Edge in the championship game. We should all get to see some great hockey the weekend of May 15-18 in the MN Independent AAA Clasic
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Congrats. And yes the Independent should be some great hockey. Good Luck...
hockeyman95

Post by hockeyman95 »

I agree that Blades are number one the Machine have great puck movement but they just don't have that extra step that the Blades do. So the Machine are in second and the Icemen are trailing close behind.
The jr. Islanders are underatted because of their practice time and could definatelly be in the top three if they got more ice time but still will be a top contender.
In tier 2 it is not as obvious who the better teams are.
The Edge, And Christian bros are good but if you put them in tier 1 they wouldn't stand a chance. There are other teams behind them like rbk and the snipers that will probably improve over the summer but for right now aren't as talented as some of the other teams.
Reply if you agree or disagree with this post I would like to know what you think!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hockeyman - I do agree. I was looking at the Meltdown schedule and the upcoming Independent Schedule and I am amazed at the amount of 95 teams out there.

Like I said before the Top 4 will carry the "hardware" away from most tourneys in Minnesota that they enter. If teams REALLY want to beat them them, they will have to combine thier talents - You could take the top 15 from the below mention teams and win most tourneys - but it won't happen...

Otherwise these other teams are just playing for fun and something to do on weekends..Just look at how many Minnesota teams are playing - MN Mission, Midwest Leafs, Christian Bros, MN Edge, Easton Synergy and Stealth, MN Fury Selects, Reebok, Magicians, Snipers, Grinders, about 15 Showcase teams, Jr. Islanders, Accerlation..I am sure I am missing a few as well. PLUS there are some very talented kids not even playing in summer tourneys..
hockeyman95

Post by hockeyman95 »

Did you see the 95 snipers last weekend they were very impressive to me (instead of the last game) and beat the 96 blades who were still very talented. There are some players on the snipers that shouldn't belong but they are covered up by #18 #95 and #11 those were the top players but there are some other good kids on that team that made a difference as well. Reply if you agree.