St. Cloud Youth Hockey Split

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ogelthorpe

Post by ogelthorpe » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:48 am

smalls wrote:About that survey - what's with the colored stamps?
I would assume it is to make sure that the survey is authentic and someone didn't just copy it and send in a bunch of copies.

huskyhockey17

Post by huskyhockey17 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 am

What is to stop someone from copying these forms? A colored stamp won't stop that. Anyone who has a color copier can do that. Heck, my form had a black stamp so I wouldn't even need to worry about the color. That is exactly why St. Cloud Youth Hockey contracted an independant party to do their survey and they had serial numbers on the surveys to be sure they only received one from each household.

western

Post by western » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:46 am

The thing is, they contracted with a firm but they handled all their own surveys and picked and chose the comments they published in their final results. Are you saying only the firm received the surveys back and tallied them and no one from youth hockey touched them? I don't think so. The other point is that many didn't send the originals back (like me) because I felt the code might be used to identify me. No survey is going to be perfect. How do you know there is nothing else on the recent surveys (some kind of invisible ink etc.) to identify them?

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:44 am

Hey, Western, are you part of that group that thinks the 9/11 terrorist acts were the doings of the US Govt?

western

Post by western » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:18 pm

If that isn't ironic, the iconic BlueGoose and his theories about SCTYHA then turning around and pointing the conspiracy finger the other way -- wasn't it you Goose who was honking off about whose hands the recent survey might wind up in when mailed to D10? Priceless.

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Who exactly, Western, will be getting their hands on the survey results at D10? Hopefully not anyone who might have a conflict of interest here. Otherwise, can the results really be trusted? And, why is D10 getting involved directly with the ficticious SCTYHA? Shouldn't they be working directly with their own affiliate to resolve this issue? One can only conclude that there is a level of lobbying going on by an unnamed member of the D10 Board. Right, Western?

western

Post by western » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Not sure, but from what I have heard the only person who will be handling the survey results will be the district director -- not the district president, girls coordinator or anyone else. I heard third hand that the southside group asked D10 to tally the results. The same offer by D10 was made to SCYHA on the original survey.

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Okay, Western, that's good to know. Can it be assumed then that no other D10 member will have direct access to the surveys? And, how about the possibility that a D10 Board member has been functioning as a behind the scenes lobbyist for the ficticious group?

western

Post by western » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Behind the scenes lobbying? Don't know. One can assume many things. I can assume all day long.....but you know what they say about assuming. I also have heard rumors that some on SCYHA board have used connections (father used to be on MN Hockey) to lobby individuals there. Do I know that for a fact? No. Might it be assumed? Perhaps. The world is made up of connections. We all have them. They are neither a magic elixer nor a satanic device.

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Western, your answers are helpful and lend good insight as to what is going on. The picture has been made clear. Thanks.

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:50 pm

One more thing, Western, since you've previously taken great exception to the spread of rumors, then don't do it yourself as you just did in your last posting. It makes you look wicked.

western

Post by western » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:00 pm

I'll take that as a compliment. Sorry, but can't promise no one will spread any rumors. There is no insurance available to guard against it ------- is there?

4theparents

Post by 4theparents » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:19 am

Oh for the love of Pete, here we go again with the rumors and motivations and finger pointing.

Why can't we all just get along? So what if you have different opinions on how to help the kids. Grow up and get used to it. Who is to say who is right and who is wrong. Quit making it personal and negative. Imagine what could be done if you all were positive.

All groups need to figure out how to work together whether there is one group, two, three or four. Let's show a little maturity boys and girls.

BlueGoose5

Post by BlueGoose5 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:12 pm

I think 4 is suggesting a great big group hug. I'm not so sure about that. 4, we're fighters, not lovers.

gunit

Post by gunit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:54 am

BlueGoose5 - I see the jaw is flapping again, does that mean
your going to answer my question to you ?

George Blanda

Post by George Blanda » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:28 pm

Mr. Kennedy (or other member of the group) -

Why was there no representation from the Tech group at the Minnesota Hockey meeting?

Is there a public copy of the newest survey that was distributed? I heard it didn't go as well as the Tech group had hoped.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:01 pm

George Blanda wrote:Mr. Kennedy (or other member of the group) -

Why was there no representation from the Tech group at the Minnesota Hockey meeting?

Is there a public copy of the newest survey that was distributed? I heard it didn't go as well as the Tech group had hoped.
The Tech HS coach was present.
I spoke with him for a bit and explained my position.

St Cloud Assn was well represented and kept me company in the back corner.

The survey was received and tabulated by Tim Timm D10 director.
The results in summary form were released at the meeting. I do not recall the numbers but the idea was not supported by very many.

wickedshot

Post by wickedshot » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:02 pm

GB:

There was no one from our group at the meeting because it wasn't going to be on the agenda. I requested Mr. Timm remove the item so there was nothing to discuss.

I don't have the results. We had D10 process and handle all surveys and Mr. Timm only informed me that the count was almost the same as the SCYHA survey. I believe SCYHA received back a little short of 200 and about 155 opposed a split. All I was told was the numbers were very similar.