First Year Bantams

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

Post by observer »

Of course Besse's good, but not good enough. First year bantams are last half of 1994 and first half of 1995 players. As an after July 1, 1994 player I'll guess Besse won't make the Advanced 15 District 3 team. To many strong second year bantams with birthdays before July 1.
hugedanglefest69

Post by hugedanglefest69 »

observer wrote:Of course Besse's good, but not good enough. First year bantams are last half of 1994 and first half of 1995 players. As an after July 1, 1994 player I'll guess Besse won't make the Advanced 15 District 3 team. To many strong second year bantams with birthdays before July 1.
i agree
hockeyman95

Post by hockeyman95 »

Justin Quale is a very good goalie. He is top in state for his age.
Chaos777

Post by Chaos777 »

Hudson Fasching, Ian McCoshen, Grant Besse, Taylor Cammarata
rudy

Best first-year bantams

Post by rudy »

This chat string would be more informative if we could hear some names that aren't so obvious. Yes, we know about Besse, Fasching, Cammarata, McCoshen, etc., etc., etc. And they deserve every bit of recognition given to them.

What about 8-10 more guys out there who are answering the bell, doing everything they are asked to, making the right plays at the right time?

Let's hear some names that haven't surfaced yet.
ctbrow1

Post by ctbrow1 »

the better 1st year bantams in district 1 are:

Marshall Tema-Mpls Park
Tyler Broderson-MPLS Park
CJ Lachappelle-Como
Kendall Bolen-Como

These guys should get a pretty good look at the development camp.
Chaos777

Post by Chaos777 »

John Dugas is a very solid goaltender.
hugedanglefest69

some of the upcoming blake players are good. ive seen them play but i dont know their names. I know numbers 14, 13, 11, and 25 are good.
the game

Post by the game »

Tyler Broderson is a 2nd year bantam, but he is a 94 birth year so he will get to be at the development camp(slect 15's in St. Cloud?).
Also does Como even have a Bantam A team or do those kids play Bl's?
Chaos777

Post by Chaos777 »

the game wrote:Tyler Broderson is a 2nd year bantam, but he is a 94 birth year so he will get to be at the development camp(slect 15's in St. Cloud?).
Also does Como even have a Bantam A team or do those kids play Bl's?
This thread is about 95s / Minor Bantams / First Year Bantams :?
rudy

first-year bantams

Post by rudy »

And first-year bantams include 94s born after June 30.
Chaos777

Re: first-year bantams

Post by Chaos777 »

rudy wrote:And first-year bantams include 94s born after June 30.
Right, but the other guy specified him as a 2nd year Bantam, which means not a 1st year. Unless you can somehow be a 2nd year and 1st Bantam at the same time, which would be news to me.
bn68

Post by bn68 »

idk why dont you guys ever talk about the central and northern boys they also have skill they just dont get noticed im not saying those other guys like besse arent good he is probably the best first year but u got to look at some other guys up north like look at guys from moorehead or little falls and roseau, warroad or other teams in the central and north. i dont get to watch those guys i only see the city guys so if anyone knows about those players :!:
XFactor

carney

Post by XFactor »

lance carney from white bear lake is an amazing defensemen...by far the best in state
Up North Boys

Post by Up North Boys »

I have only been able to see Besse play once and he did pretty well.He is probably the best first year bantam in the state.The problem is there are other players in no where towns who are great players and skate and play with the best of them.I have talked with some parents in the Brainerd Lakes and Mid West Area and I saw them play some games and I came up with these players from that region:

Connor Chambers-Pequot Lakes-Great hands,decent speed,and can be very physical at times.
Reno Fussy-Brainerd-Good Speed,decent shot,moves the puck pretty well.
Jed Rusk-Brainerd-Good hands,Decent shot,and makes some good plays.
Jake Ahlgren-Fergus Falls-Speed,good puck skills,can be physical at times.
bn68

Post by bn68 »

i had a chance to watch little falls in the state tourny last year they had all second years on that team a few that i thought were good were these 2 very skilled defenceman #19 and also #8 good size for both of them i also saw 2 FAST forwards on there team i believe there numbers were #13 and #20 umm im guessing theres quite a few good if not great players from moorehead 1st years i dont know though
nikebauer999

Post by nikebauer999 »

zach johnston- Warroad- big aggressive speed hands smarts everything.. warroad will be a team to watch this year..
rippin1

Post by rippin1 »

Hockey911 wrote:
hugedanglefest69 wrote:Frankie Mork, Connor Thie, Justin Quale (Goalie)

Besse is over rated. He doesn't work hard.

are you serious? you must be a hopkins parent or player. Mork is good but the other two are just average.[/

are you serious???? What are you watching? I haven't seen another 13 year old goalie with anywhere near the talent Quale has since Meyers. Thie he is quick, good head and hands just needs some size. Frankie Mork is solid as is Besse both are top notch.
hockeyfreak24/7

Post by hockeyfreak24/7 »

I thought this is a thread about the best player not who works hard. I can say besse doesnt always work the hardest and is cockey but he is a flat out great player. He controls the game and has every tool in the bag. I have heard hes gonna go to bsm even though he goes to breck.
GO BEARS (white bear lake)
hugedanglefest69

JK. u guys cant take a joke. im messin w/ u
blainehockey3

Post by blainehockey3 »

BXX966 wrote:Besse is flat out the BEST first year bantam in the state. All the people who say that the kid doesnt work hard obviously don't know him. His numbers from PW's and the numbers he has put up so far in bantams (on possibly the best line in the state) speak for themselves. There are many other first year bantams who are major studs as well, but Besse is just on a different level. The kid has some serious skills and is very gifted, there is no doubt about that. And going out of your way to criticize his ability AND his character is unacceptable and just shows a lack of maturity on your part.
i
Last edited by blainehockey3 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

blainehockey3 wrote:
BXX966 wrote:Besse is flat out the BEST first year bantam in the state. All the people who say that the kid doesnt work hard obviously don't know him. His numbers from PW's and the numbers he has put up so far in bantams (on possibly the best line in the state) speak for themselves. There are many other first year bantams who are major studs as well, but Besse is just on a different level. The kid has some serious skills and is very gifted, there is no doubt about that. And going out of your way to criticize his ability AND his character is unacceptable and just shows a lack of maturity on your part.
i disagree luke voltin is probably in the top 10 hes preaty big for his age and has unbelievable hands. he is on the top line for blaine a bantams and he will probably play varsity next year. he also plays for the 95 machine.
Sounds like someone is plugging themself
hockey kid

Post by hockey kid »

Graham is also good from ep he has an pretty hard shot. I would say he is in the top ten of the best first years in minnesota.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

hockey kid wrote:Graham is also good from ep he has an pretty hard shot. I would say he is in the top ten of the best first years in minnesota.
You are obviously on EP Bantam A.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

My question is, which first years influence their teams the most?