Peewee A state tourney

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mplsparkpride7

Peewee A state tourney

Post by mplsparkpride7 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 pm

Which teams made it?
*nice pass a s they go tic tac*

Bluejay

Post by Bluejay » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 pm

North 1 Roseau
North 2 EGF

simply said fred

Post by simply said fred » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Game 1:
Mpls Park vs. EGF

Game 2:
Blaine vs. Woodbury

Game.3:
Roseau vs. Owatonna

Game 4:
Edina vs. Wayzata

jackstraw

State

Post by jackstraw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Nice job to the Huskies of Owatonna.

O-townClown

tough sledding

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:29 pm

simply said fred wrote:Game 1:
Mpls Park vs. EGF

Game 2:
Blaine vs. Woodbury

Game.3:
Roseau vs. Owatonna

Game 4:
Edina vs. Wayzata
The pairings are interesting. We hear all the time that regions in youth and HS hockey are intended to be geographic. Sometimes very good teams don't get out of Districts (Chaska) or Regions (Burnsville, Elk River).

WHAT? Edina plays Wayzata (they've played about 7 times already and are neighbors) while Roseau draws Owatonna (oooohhh, scary) and Minneapolis gets to play a team that just lost 10-0 or something.
Be kind. Rewind.

no-fly-bys

Re: tough sledding

Post by no-fly-bys » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:41 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Mpls Park vs. EGF

Game 2:
Blaine vs. Woodbury

Game.3:
Roseau vs. Owatonna

Game 4:
Edina vs. Wayzata
The pairings are interesting. We hear all the time that regions in youth and HS hockey are intended to be geographic. Sometimes very good teams don't get out of Districts (Chaska) or Regions (Burnsville, Elk River).

WHAT? Edina plays Wayzata (they've played about 7 times already and are neighbors) while Roseau draws Owatonna (oooohhh, scary) and Minneapolis gets to play a team that just lost 10-0 or something.

It is kind of sad not seeing the best teams in the tournement. Don't get me wrong I love to see the underdog team but ranked 70th in myhockey rankings and 34th maybe a little stretch..

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:55 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Mpls Park vs. EGF

Game 2:
Blaine vs. Woodbury

Game.3:
Roseau vs. Owatonna

Game 4:
Edina vs. Wayzata

Minneapolis is not playing a team that lost 10-0 to somebody.

You have your teams mixed up.

Minneapolis is playing East Grand Forks, and if I'm a bettin' man I would be betting on EGF. I expect a very good game though.

Get your stories right OTC.

RickO'Shea

Post by RickO'Shea » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Minneapolis gets to play a team that just lost 10-0 or something.

??? Minneapolis won't win.

sodbuster1

Post by sodbuster1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Rankings are a record of past games not future games. Owatonna (ranked 70) just beat a team ranked in the 30s. These boys are very excited to be playing in the state tournament and some may say even a little over-joyed. Hats off to these boys for beating a team that had hotel reservations before the final championship game in Mankato. They have more than met their team goals for the year. Go Bushel Boy Tamators!!!

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm

TTpuckster wrote:Minneapolis is not playing a team that lost 10-0 to somebody.

Minneapolis is playing East Grand Forks, and if I'm a bettin' man I would be betting on EGF. I expect a very good game though.
I think it was 5-1 to Roseau about a week ago in the district final.

Edina and Wayzata are #1 and #2 in the state in the computer ranking and would not meet in game one if these teams were seeded. Blaine and Roseau would probably be seeded in the top 4 as well, although if you put a lot of stock in the most recent result you can argue for Woodbury over Edina.
Be kind. Rewind.

sodbuster1

Post by sodbuster1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Rankings are a record of past games not future games. Owatonna (ranked 70) just beat a team ranked in the 30s. These boys are very excited to be playing in the state tournament and some may say even a little over-joyed. Hats off to these boys for beating a team that had hotel reservations before the final championship game in Mankato. They have more than met their team goals for the year. Go Bushel Boy Tamators!!!

no-fly-bys

Post by no-fly-bys » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 pm

sodbuster1 wrote:Rankings are a record of past games not future games. Owatonna (ranked 70) just beat a team ranked in the 30s. These boys are very excited to be playing in the state tournament and some may say even a little over-joyed. Hats off to these boys for beating a team that had hotel reservations before the final championship game in Mankato. They have more than met their team goals for the year. Go Bushel Boy Tamators!!!
Yes, rankings are a thing of the past. But how many top 20 teams were in there regions? Between 30 and 70 any team could win at any given day.

penman

Post by penman » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Park has a great shot against East Grand Forks. Beyond that, I don't see them beating Blaine or Woodbury. But who knows. Owatonna will likely get outscored by a combined total of 16-20 goals in its first two games against Roseau and then the the loser of the Edina / Wayzata game. Time will tell.

State Championship? Blaine and Wayzata (or Roseau or Edina).

douglasdoright

Post by douglasdoright » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:45 am

Woodbury has a chance. They've been winning some BIG games!

shooter803

Post by shooter803 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:46 am

The North should be proud to send Roseau & EGF to represent them @ state. Roseau is the real deal no doubt. Seeing is believing & they can beat anyone & will to take state. EGF needed ot in three games but they never give up. Credit to East's goalie who posted 17 scoreless periods thru districts & regions until 6min. left in third vs. EGF. Best wishes to all the teams that made it to State.

simply said fred

Post by simply said fred » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm

douglasdoright wrote:Woodbury has a chance. They've been winning some BIG games!
I agree. The east region was competitive and enjoyable to watch, but it's unfortunate a team like Burnsville is not making the trip to New Hope.

MNWILD2009

Post by MNWILD2009 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:34 pm

simply said fred wrote:
douglasdoright wrote:Woodbury has a chance. They've been winning some BIG games!
I agree. The east region was competitive and enjoyable to watch, but it's unfortunate a team like Burnsville is not making the trip to New Hope.
The West Region was the toughest this year. 4 out of the top 5 teams in the state were there.

thehockeyczar

Post by thehockeyczar » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:51 pm

simply said fred wrote:
You never know at this level, but I consider Woodbury an underdog against Blaine. Burnsville is a better team than Woodbury. It's also too bad that Elk River and OMG are not going, they are easily in the top 9 in the state along with (not in order) Blaine, Edina, Roseau, Wayzata, Chaska, Burnsville, and Woodbury, but that's the way the puck bounces.

mplsparkpride7

Post by mplsparkpride7 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 pm

TTpuckster wrote:
O-townClown wrote:
Mpls Park vs. EGF

Game 2:
Blaine vs. Woodbury

Game.3:
Roseau vs. Owatonna

Game 4:
Edina vs. Wayzata

Minneapolis is not playing a team that lost 10-0 to somebody.

Get your stories right OTC.
minneapolis park already beat EGF in st. cloud
*nice pass a s they go tic tac*

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Edina vs. Wayzata should be a battle. Who is expected to win that one?

mplspark35

Post by mplspark35 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:44 pm

mpls park never played egf

mplspark35

Post by mplspark35 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 pm

if mpls park played well, they could win, its gonna be close, though. If the MP goalie plays well, they could win

MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:53 pm

State tourmament what a joke, at least 6 of the best teams are not even there. The north and south only provided one team worthy of being there. Burnsville, Chaska are not there, what a shame, I hope this makes every one ouside of the metro area really happy.

Donger

Post by Donger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:14 pm

starmvp wrote:Edina vs. Wayzata should be a battle. Who is expected to win that one?
I would give the nod to Wayzata over Edina. But I think the real team to beat in the Tourney is going to be Roseau. What their record shows in the last half of the season, and the way they went through the regions.... I think they are on top of their game. (I didn't see any of there games, but the scores were all pretty lopsided) But..... everybody's record is 0-0 when they start the tournament. Good Luck to all teams! Just my two cents!

hockeyman84

Post by hockeyman84 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:15 pm

[quote

minneapolis park already beat EGF in st. cloud[/quote]
This was Grand Forks not East Grand Forks