District Ten Bantam Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:
Chuck Norris Fan wrote:1. Cenntenial
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

Obviously this is just a pre D10 season guess. I would say that the top 5 could be in any order in this season. I think that CR and STC need to keep their players to really be there. Otherwise it will be a two horse race.
Andover is way too low, they have already beat teams like south st paul 6-4 and forest lake 7-2. Not bad teams.

Coon Rapids is ranked way too high, they did beat up Spring Lake Park 11-2. But how can you give up 2 goals against a team like that be ranked higher than 5?
loveitorleaveit...When a team gets a large lead like that they tend to experiment a little, try different things, play both goalies etc. It's not to tough to give up a couple of goals if you look at the whole picture

loveitorleaveit

Post by loveitorleaveit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:02 am

blueliner5 wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

Obviously this is just a pre D10 season guess. I would say that the top 5 could be in any order in this season. I think that CR and STC need to keep their players to really be there. Otherwise it will be a two horse race.
Andover is way too low, they have already beat teams like south st paul 6-4 and forest lake 7-2. Not bad teams.

Coon Rapids is ranked way too high, they did beat up Spring Lake Park 11-2. But how can you give up 2 goals against a team like that be ranked higher than 5?
loveitorleaveit...When a team gets a large lead like that they tend to experiment a little, try different things, play both goalies etc. It's not to tough to give up a couple of goals if you look at the whole picture
Try different things? I was told SLP went up on Coon Rapids - poor goaltending - poor D zone. CR didn't get things going till the coach sat one of the better players.

loveitorleaveit

CR - Helmet cases

Post by loveitorleaveit » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:06 am

The SLP coach said Coon Rapis will be a cake walk if you get under the helmet. They have 3 kids that can't control the mouth or the anger. They will be lucky if they get out of the next game with SLP by 2 goals - assuming they don't lose.

multiplesportskids

Re: CR - Helmet cases

Post by multiplesportskids » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:43 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:The SLP coach said Coon Rapis will be a cake walk if you get under the helmet. They have 3 kids that can't control the mouth or the anger. They will be lucky if they get out of the next game with SLP by 2 goals - assuming they don't lose.
scrimmage, Coon Rapids 11 Spring Lake Park 2

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:02 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

Try different things? I was told SLP went up on Coon Rapids - poor goaltending - poor D zone. CR didn't get things going till the coach sat one of the better players.
Maybe the coach should sit this so called one of the betters again to get the ball rolling. Obviously, by what you are indicating is that this player has a ill effect on the teams performance when on the ice :?:

blueliner5

Re: CR - Helmet cases

Post by blueliner5 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:06 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:The SLP coach said Coon Rapis will be a cake walk if you get under the helmet. They have 3 kids that can't control the mouth or the anger. They will be lucky if they get out of the next game with SLP by 2 goals - assuming they don't lose.
I will have to agree with you on this. Doesn't matter who they play CR will receive retaliation penalties due to anger issues

can'tbuymelove

Post by can'tbuymelove » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Actually CINB lost to forest lake 10-4 and it was 6-4 after 2 periods.
It is true that the goaltending has been an issue but he has played better as of late. CINB also lost to Champlin park 8-2 but actually out shot champlin park 27-26 and out played them in the third. It was 4-0 after 1st period,7-0 after 2nd and a final of 8-2. There was a questionable goal waived against CINB when the goal net was moved. the puck did cross the line first so it should have been 8-3, whatever...
Too many goals given up by the goalie early on.

CINB beat Irondale 5-3 last weekend and were 3 kids short.
Irondale was also missing a kid i believe due to hunting also.

It will be a long year for CINB But with some improved play at goaltending,
should be able to compete.

smalltownhockey21

Post by smalltownhockey21 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am

Wondering how the teams from Chisago Lakes are going to be this year...have they ever been super good or always around .500?

Thehockeyplaya

Post by Thehockeyplaya » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:11 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:1. Anoka
2. Blaine
3. Cenntenial
4. Rogers
5. St.Cloud
6. Elk River
7. Champlin Park
8. Coon Rapids
9. Spring Lake Park
10. Princeton
11. Andover
12. CINB
Is this the first year for a Princeton A bantam team? Any scores?
This is their first year fielding an A bantam team in a long time but not the first year ever.
here's a link I found for the scores they have so far.
http://myhockeyrankings.com/view_2009_t ... m_nbr=5311

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Thehockeyplaya wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:1. Anoka
2. Blaine
3. Cenntenial
4. Rogers
5. St.Cloud
6. Elk River
7. Champlin Park
8. Coon Rapids
9. Spring Lake Park
10. Princeton
11. Andover
12. CINB
Is this the first year for a Princeton A bantam team? Any scores?
This is their first year fielding an A bantam team in a long time but not the first year ever.
here's a link I found for the scores they have so far.
http://myhockeyrankings.com/view_2009_t ... m_nbr=5311
Thanks for the info - They have a nice program going in Princeton from top to bottom.

xxMNSNIPExx

YA

Post by xxMNSNIPExx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Chisago Lakes is near the top this year for B1 Bantam.
A real solid team.

xxMNSNIPExx

Post by xxMNSNIPExx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:31 pm

BlackTape wrote:There will be 12 A bantam teams this season and 13 B1 Bantam teams this season.

Sauk Rapids and Chisago Lakes will be sand bagging again this season at the B1 level.

If Coon Rapids doesn't lose their core group of players, then they will be tough this season. I still beleive that it will be either Centennial or Elk River taking the title.
Chisago Lakes had 26 kids try out this year what do you expect?

fiveholenyou

Post by fiveholenyou » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:33 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

With Anoka beating Champlin 4 to 1 and Andover winning tonight 9 to 1. I would put these boys a little higher in the rankings. Your Cent, Elks gotta be the front runners this year.

xxMNSNIPExx

Post by xxMNSNIPExx » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

smalltownhockey21 wrote:Wondering how the teams from Chisago Lakes are going to be this year...have they ever been super good or always around .500?
2 years ago and 3 years ago they won and placed in state. They have really good years and average years.

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:04 am

fiveholenyou wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

With Anoka beating Champlin 4 to 1 and Andover winning tonight 9 to 1. I would put these boys a little higher in the rankings. Your Cent, Elks gotta be the front runners this year.
Dist. 10 website shows Andover playing Champlin, Elk River playing Anoka last night????

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 am

blueliner5 wrote:
fiveholenyou wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
2. Elk River
3. Coon Rapids
4. St.Cloud
5. Blaine
6. Rogers
7. Champlin Park
8. Princeton
9. Anoka
10. Spring Lake Park
11. Andover
12. CINB

Dist. 10 website shows Andover playing Champlin, Elk River playing Anoka last night????
Andover beat Champlin 9-1

loveitorleaveit

DIST 10 RANK

Post by loveitorleaveit » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:15 pm

1. Cenntenial
2. Elk River
3. St.Cloud
4. Anoka
5. Blaine
6. Andover
7. Coon Rapids
8. Rogers
9. Champlin Park
10. Princeton
11. Spring Lake Park
12. CINB

blueliner5

Re: DIST 10 RANK

Post by blueliner5 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:28 pm

loveitorleaveit wrote:1. Cenntenial
2. Elk River
3. St.Cloud
4. Anoka
5. Blaine
6. Andover
7. Coon Rapids
8. Rogers
9. Champlin Park
10. Princeton
11. Spring Lake Park
12. CINB
This looks more in line with the exception of maybe Anoka

edinahornetkid24

Re: District Ten Bantam Rankings

Post by edinahornetkid24 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:30 pm

smalltownhockey21 wrote:Just wondering where everyone would rank the perspective teams in District ten's Bantam level both A and B1 teams...have not been involved with this district the last two years and recently moved back into an association in this district. I would like to see who's on top and who's on bottom. Thanks

Not sure really but for me I am assuming both Elk River, and Centennial will both have a good A and B1 team and or teams.
well edina beat centenial 14-1 so i'm not sure centenial has a very good team but if you're going to quote this saying thats cuz daddy bought a good team your wasting your time and no one cares.

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:57 pm

MaxSnatch wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:I heard last night that CR will lose their goaltender and 4-5 of their top skaters to HS. Looking at their HS team, these kids could be playing varsity by the start of the season......[/quote

Max... you might want to check back with your source/sources. A Bantam team will not be losing 4-5 skaters to the H.S. Varsity team :wink:

The Snatch has only been wrong one time and it eventually turned out that I was right.!.!.!.!.! Enjoy the next month and you may want to take in a B practice so you can take a look at some of your future A players
Well Max how many A Bantams showed up for the 1st day of Varsity tryouts?

loveitorleaveit

Post by loveitorleaveit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:52 am

blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:I heard last night that CR will lose their goaltender and 4-5 of their top skaters to HS. Looking at their HS team, these kids could be playing varsity by the start of the season......[/quote

Max... you might want to check back with your source/sources. A Bantam team will not be losing 4-5 skaters to the H.S. Varsity team :wink:

The Snatch has only been wrong one time and it eventually turned out that I was right.!.!.!.!.! Enjoy the next month and you may want to take in a B practice so you can take a look at some of your future A players
I was at tryouts to watch my son and there are no current bantams trying out for CR.

smalltownhockey21

Post by smalltownhockey21 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 am

We have any scores from District play last night?

MaxSnatch

Post by MaxSnatch » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 am

loveitorleaveit wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:

I was at tryouts to watch my son and there are no current bantams trying out for CR.
You watched your son at the HS Tryouts - Looooooser

BL5 - I was wrong and will admit that I drank the koolaid, however this team will still implode. You have seen the other posts on them as well have seen it first hand. Just let the coach coach your kid this year. 8) You will have him soon enough!!!

muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 am

MaxSnatch wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:

BL5 - I was wrong and will admit that I drank the koolaid, however this team will still implode. You have seen the other posts on them as well have seen it first hand. Just let the coach coach your kid this year. 8) You will have him soon enough!!!
Was Roo a 2nd year Bantam last season?

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 am

MaxSnatch wrote:
loveitorleaveit wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:
MaxSnatch wrote:
blueliner5 wrote:

Wasn't trying to imply that you were incorrect or correct. I was just wondering if you had any indication if there were any players there. Yes, I have watched these players in the past and know first hand what there capabilities are and you are right there season probably will be filled with problems. The new coach inherited the issues at hand from a few of these players and by no means am I blaming the new coach as its been said before it should have been brought to the attention years ago but wasn't and I feel bad for the players that really want to succeed. If you have read any of my previous posts I don't have a player in the CR Association any longer