Advanced 15 Program

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

dumbpuck

Post by dumbpuck »

From the North - Goalies I have noticed would be:

Parker from Duluth East
Shepard from Grand Rapids
F14

District 3

Post by F14 »

District 3 has cut 14 players and is down to 29 skaters and 2 goalies.

It includes the sensation from Shattuck Taylor Cammaratta and several talented Wayzata and Osseo Maple Grove Bantam A's who just got done competing in the state tournament. I like the Lodermeier kid from North Metro, he has great size and hand eye coordination. The defensemen Gross from North Metro looks good.

I have watched for 4 nights now, and the quality sure impresses me as does the size of several kids.
hockeyguy99

Re: District 3

Post by hockeyguy99 »

[quote="F14"]. The defensemen Gross from North Metro looks good.

[/quote]

The defensemen is from Maple Grove, and the other Gross is from North Metro. I believe he is a forward.
maroon & gold

Re: District 3

Post by maroon & gold »

hockeyguy99 wrote:
F14 wrote:. The defensemen Gross from North Metro looks good.
The defensemen is from Maple Grove, and the other Gross is from North Metro. I believe he is a forward.

Jordan Gross - MG Def
Zach Gross - North Metro forward
Back to Back
F14

District 3

Post by F14 »

They have cut 13 players and are now down to 31. 11 more skaters still need to be cut to get to 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

6 Wayzata and 6 OMG, 5 North Metro, 4 Hopkins, Orono, 2 Blake, Breck, and one SLP

29 Skaters and 2 goalies are left.
ctbrow1

Post by ctbrow1 »

Bischoff is a 94.

A player to look for is Patrick Cullen from Cretin. Good size, shifty, with a good deal of speed. Could very well be the best athlete in the birth year. Probably the only reason to watch the District 1 team.

Is Keegan Iverson a 95 or 96?

The top hockey player in this birth year is Hudson Fasching. Not much of a limb I am walking out on here...

Benjamin from Edina should prove to be one of the better goalies.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

ctbrow1 wrote:Bischoff is a 94.

A player to look for is Patrick Cullen from Cretin. Good size, shifty, with a good deal of speed. Could very well be the best athlete in the birth year. Probably the only reason to watch the District 1 team.

The top hockey player in this birth year is Hudson Fasching. Not much of a limb I am walking out on here...

Zach Hartley (Holy Angels) and Zach Hale (Mpls Park) are two players I would rank above Cullen in District 1.

Iverson is a 96, I believe. I've heard he is a 97, but not certain. He plays for the 96 Blades.

I also disagree with you on Fasching...great player, no question. But is he a better player than Taylor Cammaretta? Doubtful.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

muckandgrind wrote:

Zach Hartley (Holy Angels) and Zach Hale (Mpls Park) are two players I would rank above Cullen in District 1.

Iverson is a 96, I believe. I've heard he is a 97, but not certain. He plays for the 96 Blades.

I also disagree with you on Fasching...great player, no question. But is he a better player than Taylor Cammaretta? Doubtful.
I would have to agree that Cammaretta is a better player at this point. Saw him play in a couple games and he was borderline amazing. Weaker competition than Fasching faced though......
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

MrBoDangles wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:

I would have to agree that Cammaretta is a better player at this point. Saw him play in a couple games and he was borderline amazing. Weaker competition than Fasching faced though......
58 games played. 92 goals, 78 assists, 170 points. I don't care if he were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, them are some pretty d@mn good numbers at the Tier 1 Bantam Level. My bet is that he'll make the SSM Prep team next season and then we can get a better comparison in numbers between him and HF.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

muckandgrind wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: Zach Hartley (Holy Angels) and Zach Hale (Mpls Park) are two players I would rank above Cullen in District 1.

58 games played. 92 goals, 78 assists, 170 points. I don't care if he were playing the Little Sisters of the Poor, them are some pretty d@mn good numbers at the Tier 1 Bantam Level. My bet is that he'll make the SSM Prep team next season and then we can get a better comparison in numbers between him and HF.
Yep, very good numbers, right around 3 points a game. Skill wise he's a much better player, overall impact I don't know. Fasching was also borderline amazing as an extremely young Bantam...
ctbrow1

Post by ctbrow1 »

muckandgrind wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: 170 points(3/game) playing against same age competition versus 36 points (1.5/game) playing against players 3 and 4 years older??? fasching's achievement is much more impressive. especially when you consider that he played on a line with a sophomore and a junior. no doubt cammarreta is an awesome player, but comparing the 2 with stats at this point is not the right way.

I am interested in hearing who the other top goalies are.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

ctbrow1 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote: Fasching has proved he can play and excel at the Prep level where as Cammarata has not. Cammarata has been playing against his own age group for years. Definitely not here to smash Cammarata, but it will be interesting to see what he can do against players 2 years his elder next year, hopefully he can put up some big numbers like he has been doing in the past.
MNHawker

Post by MNHawker »

And then there were 30....

D10 has posted current Adv 15's...
http://www.district10hockey.org/

Most deserve to be there, but still some politics at work

Congrats to ALL...
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

And what politcs are you referring too?
Centennial AA State Champions 2004
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MNHawker wrote:And then there were 30....

D10 has posted current Adv 15's...

Most deserve to be there, but still some politics at work

Congrats to ALL...
Congrats to Casey Ryan. He would have NEVER been picked if CINB had played at the B-1 level.
Also congrats to Hunter Miska(great goalie) of North Branch, not Pine City.
dingle

who's still skating

Post by dingle »

district 4,5,8?
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

Fire and Ice wrote:And what politcs are you referring too?
C'mon Fire and Ice I know you to well to be that ignorant to ask that question. Politics are there and always will be
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

Looking for specifics? Not suggesting that politics isn't present.

The statement suggests that there is some big time mistake(s) on the District 10 team
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

No Political Connections wrote:
Nobodyonya wrote:
Fire and Ice wrote:And what politcs are you referring too?
C'mon Fire and Ice I know you to well to be that ignorant to ask that question. Politics are there and always will be
Gonna jump in for a dumb question.

How does one over come the politics? If you have a kid who appears to have some small amount of talent and you want to try to get him a fair shot at something (say an A team) when it appears to be a pretty politically tight group already there how do you over come them? Is your kid going to be locked out until he hits high school or is he screwed there too? At what point does the kid get an open look to see what he can do compared to the other politically connected kids who may or may not have as much talent as he does? Is there a point within a youth hockey association at which the mode switches over from "my daddy is the coaches buddy, my daddy is on the board, etc" to "we can use that kid to help us win"? Just curious. This is NOT a D10 question, just a general question that I have always wanted to ask and have decided to jump in with now that the subject has been broached here.
I think you've provided the answer to your own question...

1. Join your youth association's board.
2. Become friends with your kid's coach.

I'm only half-kidding when I say that, though. If you do join the board, or at least work in concert with it, you'll probably be recognized as a parent who cares about more than your kid's development; someone who cares about giving back to the association. That can only be a good thing. And I'd suspect the coaches are far more likely to be open to your concerns if you build a positive relationship from the beginning.

It's not that easy, of course. But it's a starting point.
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

The question is being dodged like a politician.

I guess what I am saying is where are the politics on that team? The coaching staff is made up of guys that have little or no contact with most of the players on the roster and that would include their parents.

Just looking for clarification on the statement.
MO

Post by MO »

What team are you talking about Fire and Ice?
justaguess

Post by justaguess »

You will overcome politics when your kid works harder and becomes a better player.

On most A teams in big associations, there are 8-10 kids who are locks and then maybe 12 kids fighting for the last five spots. If your kid is in the top group, he will make the team (unless he has a big attitude problem).

If your kid is a bubble player, then the coach will decide who he wants on the team. In this case, parents matter. Jerk parents will be left out and parents who contribute to the organization as a whole will get some benefit. The coach will not pick a kid who hurts the team, but if its a toss up, the ones who contribute time and energy will be rewarded

"Politically connected" parents are the parents who have chosen to volunteer their time and contribute to the association. Being "politically connected" is a choice, not an accident. Most associations are begging for people to serve on their boards or in other capacities. Sign up!
stopthepuck

Post by stopthepuck »

bump
Last edited by stopthepuck on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

District 10 who made it or didn't make it because of the coaches. That's who picks the team. That was comment back about ten people.

I am waiting for the answer to the question
codemanh

Post by codemanh »

District 10 rosters out. (girls and boys)