Easton Cup Invite Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

ThePuckStopsHere wrote:Is there anyone else out there that thought the 98 tournament was a complete waste of time?? After 4 years of the same old teams, players and ego's it became very clear to me this weekend it's grown old and its time to move on.

I'll take association hockey over this overpriced garbage any day. I guess the only enjoyment I got this weekend was watching how average the 5 machine players really are when playing on a more realistic hockey team, (God parents do those 5 kids ever get a weekend off?)

My point is I think AAA is fun, different and exciting after getting out of mites and maybe 1 year of squirts but after a few years of its boring, predictable and really uninspired hockey.
Are these tournaments supposed to be for YOUR enjoyment? Or maybe the kids enjoyment?

As to your last point......Did you, by any chance, get a chance to watch the 1995 ITR 26ers??? Some pretty good hockey being played by some EXTREMELY talented players on that team.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

That I.T.R. 26er program seems to be a good deal for the older kids. My 94 played them a couple of times last year and they looked good. I dodn't know much about them saw add in Lets Play Hockey, thats about it. Where do they practice?
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

That ITR team was extremely good. Wow.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

EnjoyTheShow wrote:
Tellitlikeitis wrote:hmmm, the mighty Monopoly N. A. only beat Torspo by 3 and only beat WI Impact by 1 in the first game? Interesting
It is interesting! Its also interesting that while you, jingles, were sitting at home, the team that you put out there was beat 24-1. It was also interesting that, the attack team had 4 of your players in that game. I commend them for having heart and not backing out because of personal motives.

I think they, Monopoly NA did very well given they practiced as a team for one hour. They were also very impressed with the way torspo played them. Looks like they got things figured out by the final. They beat Impact 7-1. I think thats about the same score your team beat them by.

Not sure you'll answer this, but what was the motive to email all of your players and tell them that machine players and parents were NOT ALLOWED to go to the final. Also why didn't you have the respect for the tournament to tell them why you really weren't there. At least come up with something better than telling them you were going to be in singapore. Must of flew back just for the scrimmage today. :oops:
Do you just make this crap up as you go?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
EnjoyTheShow

Post by EnjoyTheShow »

HockeyDad41 wrote:
EnjoyTheShow wrote:
Tellitlikeitis wrote:hmmm, the mighty Monopoly N. A. only beat Torspo by 3 and only beat WI Impact by 1 in the first game? Interesting
It is interesting! Its also interesting that while you, jingles, were sitting at home, the team that you put out there was beat 24-1. It was also interesting that, the attack team had 4 of your players in that game. I commend them for having heart and not backing out because of personal motives.

I think they, Monopoly NA did very well given they practiced as a team for one hour. They were also very impressed with the way torspo played them. Looks like they got things figured out by the final. They beat Impact 7-1. I think thats about the same score your team beat them by.

Not sure you'll answer this, but what was the motive to email all of your players and tell them that machine players and parents were NOT ALLOWED to go to the final. Also why didn't you have the respect for the tournament to tell them why you really weren't there. At least come up with something better than telling them you were going to be in singapore. Must of flew back just for the scrimmage today. :oops:
Do you just make this crap up as you go?
enlighten me as to what part of my post is not a FACT. It is all factual! try to use some facts when you post. All you seem to do is try to irritate people on this board, and I have yet to see you offer anything of intelligence on this forum. I won't hold my breath.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

old goalie85 wrote:That I.T.R. 26er program seems to be a good deal for the older kids. My 94 played them a couple of times last year and they looked good. I dodn't know much about them saw add in Lets Play Hockey, thats about it. Where do they practice?
They are a combo Shattuck/Hill Murray/Blades team put together to dominate tournaments. Don't confuse them with the "regular" 95 ITR 26ers. I don't think any other birth year has a "select" team just yet.
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

[quote="muckandgrind"][quote="old goalie85"]That I.T.R. 26er program seems to be a good deal for the older kids. My 94 played them a couple of times last year and they looked good. I dodn't know much about them saw add in Lets Play Hockey, thats about it. Where do they practice?[/quote]

They are a combo Shattuck/Hill Murray/Blades team put together to dominate tournaments. Don't confuse them with the "regular" 95 ITR 26ers. I don't think any other birth year has a "select" team just yet.[/quote]

Sounds like they brought in at least 8 players that went out to New York for the National Camp.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:That I.T.R. 26er program seems to be a good deal for the older kids. My 94 played them a couple of times last year and they looked good. I dodn't know much about them saw add in Lets Play Hockey, thats about it. Where do they practice?
They are a combo Shattuck/Hill Murray/Blades team put together to dominate tournaments. Don't confuse them with the "regular" 95 ITR 26ers. I don't think any other birth year has a "select" team just yet.
Sounds like they brought in at least 8 players that went out to New York for the National Camp.
Not only that but they also brought in Nathan MacKinnon from Cole Harbor, NS (gee, who else if from that town? :? ).
hiptzech

Post by hiptzech »

muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: They are a combo Shattuck/Hill Murray/Blades team put together to dominate tournaments. Don't confuse them with the "regular" 95 ITR 26ers. I don't think any other birth year has a "select" team just yet.
I had the pleasure of officiating this team twice this past weekend…It’s one thing to sit in the stands, it’s another skating with them. What a rush to work with and around those guys, their rink presence was very impressive. It was never a question of “if” there were going to gain the zone but more of “how” they were going to do it this time, the next and the next again. They ran so many different rushes and sets, it felt like I was paging through coaching manuals and watching the pages come to life. Passes weren’t always tape-to-tape, they didn’t need to be, and they pulled the puck in from every bad angle known. I couldn’t help but think to myself if I were skating with at least one future all star…Yes, it was that impressive.
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote: They are a combo Shattuck/Hill Murray/Blades team put together to dominate tournaments. Don't confuse them with the "regular" 95 ITR 26ers. I don't think any other birth year has a "select" team just yet.
Not only that but they also brought in Nathan MacKinnon from Cole Harbor, NS (gee, who else if from that town? :? ).
MacKinnon didn't play this past weekend.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I wish I could have seen them play last weekend. The kids I watched last year were good , but not that good. Great to still see options for kids that age to enjoy the sport with same or similar talent... Just goes to show the more options, and programs for kids the better.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

mghockey18 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote: Sounds like they brought in at least 8 players that went out to New York for the National Camp.
My bad....I believe he was on the roster, though.
dingle

Post by dingle »

mghockey18 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:
That I.T.R. 26er program seems to be a good deal for the older kids. My 94 played them a couple of times last year and they looked good. I dodn't know much about them saw add in Lets Play Hockey, thats about it. Where do they practice?

Not only that but they also brought in Nathan MacKinnon from Cole Harbor, NS (gee, who else if from that town? ).

95 ITR Easton Cup Roster:

Matthew Perry
Ryan Black
Willie Raskob
Jordan Gross
Jordan Schwandt
TJ Moore
John Dugas
Vinni Lettieri
Francis Spellman
Taylor Cammarata
Alex Rodriguez
Garrett Cecere
Brett Boeing
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

dingle wrote:
mghockey18 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:

Not only that but they also brought in Nathan MacKinnon from Cole Harbor, NS (gee, who else if from that town? ).

Matthew Perry
Ryan Black
Willie Raskob
Jordan Gross
Jordan Schwandt
TJ Moore
John Dugas
Vinni Lettieri
Francis Spellman
Taylor Cammarata
Alex Rodriguez
Garrett Cecere
Brett Boeing
looks alot like the 95 blades roster and old goalie this team name the 26er's didn't exist last year
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

dingle wrote:
mghockey18 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
HSHockeyFan08 wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:

Matthew Perry
Ryan Black
Willie Raskob
Jordan Gross
Jordan Schwandt
TJ Moore
John Dugas
Vinni Lettieri
Francis Spellman
Taylor Cammarata
Alex Rodriguez
Garrett Cecere
Brett Boeing
A little different from their on-line roster:

1 Andrew Sprang G
2 Brett Boeing F
3 Garrett Cecere F/D
5 Cody Meyer D
6 Alex Rodriquez F
9 Nathan Mackinnon F
12 Taylor Cammarata F
13 Luke Voltin F
15 Francis Spellmen F
18 Vinni Lettieri F
19 Travis Wood D
26 Blake Heinrich D
30 John Dugas G
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

muckandgrind wrote:A little different from their on-line roster:

1 Andrew Sprang G
2 Brett Boeing F
3 Garrett Cecere F/D
5 Cody Meyer D
6 Alex Rodriquez F
9 Nathan Mackinnon F
12 Taylor Cammarata F
13 Luke Voltin F
15 Francis Spellmen F
18 Vinni Lettieri F
19 Travis Wood D
26 Blake Heinrich D
30 John Dugas G
That appears to be the "select" team that was playing this spring. As far as I know, Mackinnon has been home in Canada all summer. Foreign students are expected to return to Shattuck next Wednesday (8/25, just in time for the Caribou Cup). ;)
HSHockeyFan08

Post by HSHockeyFan08 »

Looks like 6 kids went out to New York.

Cammarata
Gross
Raskob
Cecere
Moore
Rodriguez
WickedSlapshot

Post by WickedSlapshot »

2000 Championship game Monopoly 7 WI Impact Hockey 1