Who will win the Bantam A State Tournament - CAST YOUR VOTE

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will Win Bantam A "STATE"

EGF
6%
Rochester Red
3%
Elk River
27%
St Louis Park
24%
Woodbury
6%
Brainerd
8%
Blaine
3%
Eden Prairie
21%

Total votes: 62

Bronc

Who will win the Bantam A State Tournament - CAST YOUR VOTE

Post by Bronc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:27 pm

Give us your vote and explanation (maybe even 1st, 2nd and Consolation).

Chuck Norris Fan

Post by Chuck Norris Fan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:09 pm

The winner of EP and Blaine will Play the winner of Elk River and SLP in the final. The losers of these two games will meet in the Consolation Final.

If I had to guess I would say Elks and Eagles final with Elks Winning (both are deep strong teams, Elks keep coming and coming and have had great goal-tending this post season)

SLP and Blaine Consolation with Bengals winning (SLP has shown they deserve to be here with one of the Best D in the state, scoring punch may be a problem. Blaine after escaping the 4OT death match with Centennial has been strong all year and has exceptional scoring punch and great Goaltending... will the D hold up?)

Woodbury will be the 3rd place champ this year. (Not very deep would not have survived the west or east regionals. If they make it by EGF in the first game they will not beat the Elks and should have no problem with Brainerd or Rochester in 3rd place game)

Maybe it is time we start seeding the top 4 as the HS league does?????
"I'm the cream of the crop, I rise to the top"

Bronc

Post by Bronc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Maybe it is time we start seeding the top 4 as the HS league does?????[/quote]

Seeding would be a great idea, then the challenge is how (Lets Play Hockey Rankings, MNHockeyRankings.com, etc)?

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:54 pm

EGF is taking over for Roseau as a team that suddenly makes a serious run at playoff time.

I picking them to make it by Woodbury and either take it all or win 3rd place as they did last year.

Bronc

Post by Bronc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

TTpuckster wrote:EGF is taking over for Roseau as a team that suddenly makes a serious run at playoff time.

I picking them to make it by Woodbury and either take it all or win 3rd place as they did last year.
EGF was a big strong team last year, are most of those players back?

observer

Post by observer » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Way to go EGF. We've been hearing about their improvement for awhile. Roseau was the PeeWee A State Champ 2 years ago so knocking them off to get to the Bantam A State Tournament is a nice accomplishment for the team and Association.

nofinish

Post by nofinish » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Either SLP or EP in surviving the toughest region should be there at the end.
I'll root for SLP because they beat Edina.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Goaltending for all teams that have made it, escp in the West and East regions, has been very strong - can't win without that...

I would like to see my EP boys in the final vs Elk River - re-match of the Roseau Tourney..

SLP is a great team as well. But lets not forget that EP beat Edina 4 times in the last month. So...Maybe root for the eagles..??

Anyway it shakes out..It will be a great State Tourney - Congrats to all the players and coaches!

edinahornetkid24

Post by edinahornetkid24 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Park looked incredible against Wayzata this weekend

HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 pm

edinahornetkid24 wrote:Park looked incredible against Wayzata this weekend
They looked even more incredible against Edina.

Chuck Norris Fan

Post by Chuck Norris Fan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:41 pm

Bronc wrote:
Seeding would be a great idea, then the challenge is how (Lets Play Hockey Rankings, MNHockeyRankings.com, etc)?
Have the coaches of the teams involved rank each other 1-7 leaving their team out. The Team with lowest total would be #1 and so on. They most likely would not all agree however the likelihood of the best team playing the 2nd best team in the quarter or semis would be drastically reduced.

danglethis

Post by danglethis » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Chuck Norris Fan wrote:Woodbury will be the 3rd place champ this year. Not very deep would not have survived the west or east regionals.
I agree Woodbury lacks depth, and not much size either. Funny thing is that they have three Bantam teams going to state this year.

I pick SLP over EGF and EP over Brainerd in the semis with SLP taking it all.

Hockeydude7

Post by Hockeydude7 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Slp is the best team in state right now, they knocked off edina and wayzata, two teams who have dominated the state tourney for years now. I believe that they will win it ALL and I live in Edina. ( they beat wayzata four times this year)

hockeymanstorm

Post by hockeymanstorm » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Hockeydude7 wrote:Slp is the best team in state right now, they knocked off edina and wayzata, two teams who have dominated the state tourney for years now. I believe that they will win it ALL and I live in Edina. ( they beat wayzata four times this year)
Weird, i believed you were on edina until i looked at your other posts :D

Really??

Post by Really?? » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Elk River...goaltending is hot!!

Chuck Norris Fan

Post by Chuck Norris Fan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 am

Hockeydude7 wrote:Slp is the best team in state right now, they knocked off edina and wayzata, two teams who have dominated the state tourney for years now. I believe that they will win it ALL and I live in Edina. ( they beat wayzata four times this year)
They just lost to Elks 2-1 in ot and Centennial 4-3 in OT

Bronc

Post by Bronc » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 am

Chuck Norris Fan wrote:
They just lost to Elks 2-1 in ot and Centennial 4-3 in OT
District 10 looks to be on a roll with the VFW and MH Regions.

Should make for a couple fun State Tournaments.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 am

Elk River sounds like the team to beat.

ARoyalPain

Woodbury VS Eden Prairie - Bantam A State 1:45 Sunday

Post by ARoyalPain » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Chuck Norris Fan wrote:The winner of EP and Blaine will Play the winner of Elk River and SLP in the final. The losers of these two games will meet in the Consolation Final.

If I had to guess I would say Elks and Eagles final with Elks Winning (both are deep strong teams, Elks keep coming and coming and have had great goal-tending this post season)

SLP and Blaine Consolation with Bengals winning (SLP has shown they deserve to be here with one of the Best D in the state, scoring punch may be a problem. Blaine after escaping the 4OT death match with Centennial has been strong all year and has exceptional scoring punch and great Goaltending... will the D hold up?)

Woodbury will be the 3rd place champ this year. (Not very deep would not have survived the west or east regionals. If they make it by EGF in the first game they will not beat the Elks and should have no problem with Brainerd or Rochester in 3rd place game)

Maybe it is time we start seeding the top 4 as the HS league does?????

Never count Woodbury out. They play a nice team game (all three lines). D playing strong. Hats off to the tender. Be interesting - EP very good.

Really??

Post by Really?? » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Going with EP now that ER was upset by Woodbury. Koodos to Woodbury. ER really did not have any good scoring chances. Having said that... the Woodbury goal was a wierd tip-in by the ER defense. As they say..."any given Sunday".