ChiTown Shuffle Predictions?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pylon
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:01 pm

ChiTown Shuffle Predictions?

Post by Pylon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 am

Looks like high end field of teams at this years Shuffle. Good representation by Minny. Who's going to be in the finals in each division?
http://chitownshuffle.com/ChiTownShuffle_01.htm

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:15 am

I'll try the 98's- Pool A- compuware,man jrsteelers, mission ,machine, ccm. Looks like a very good pool!! Miision over the Steelers. Pool B-Blades should be the class of these teams. Mn Edge could make a run. Madison caps always good.Bauer and Reebok I don't know anything about.

hunting247
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by hunting247 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 am

97 elite
A-Bauer selects
B Machine
winner-Bauer

98 Elite (old goalie85, mn edge has no right to be in the elite division)
A-Blades
B-Machine
winner - Blades

99 Elite
A-Bauer Selects
B-Machine
winner- Machine

2000 Elite
A-Bauer Selects
B-Mission
winner- Bauer

2001 Elite
mission
Bauer selects
winner Mission

JSR
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:37 am

old goalie85 wrote:I'll try the 98's- Pool A- compuware,man jrsteelers, mission ,machine, ccm. Looks like a very good pool!! Miision over the Steelers. Pool B-Blades should be the class of these teams. Mn Edge could make a run. Madison caps always good.Bauer and Reebok I don't know anything about.
The Bauer Selects are usually incredibly good and rarely do not win a tourney they are entered in from what I've seen. We were at last years tourney and if I remember correctly they won OR atleast were in the championship game of most if not all the age levels they were entered in last year in the CHi-Town shuffle. I saw the 2000 team play and there were teams like the Machine etc... in that division last year and the Bauer Selects won the title in pretty impressive fashion so I wouldn't be automatically just putting the Blades as the Pool A winner just yet. They are excellent and might very well win but it won't be easy The Madison Caps 1998 team is decent as well. The B Pool looks pretty deep with the Machine, Compuware, Jr. Steelers and Mission. Should be an excellent tourney.

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

Hunting- Just thinking goaltending and being a homer. I heard they have the Rosemount Pee-Wee A goalie and he looked very good last winter when I saw him. And I may be wrong. I heard that from a dad on our Nat team. I am interested to see how the97 NATS perform. I don't have one that age,but have watched them skate.

hunting247
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by hunting247 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:04 am

og85 yes the 98 edge goalie was on the pee wee a farmington team, but gets rattled easily and the rest of the players are medicore at best compared to the other teams in the elite bracket. just saying, they would have better luck in the open bracket. but if you ask any of parents or kids on the team they are better than the blades and machine, but never play them. So maybe it is a good thing they are in the elite level so the other teams can take their ego down a few notches

Bernie started entering the Machine into local tournaments last year because he was sick of the teams like the Edge who said they could beat the Machine but never had a chance to play them, and yes the machine beat all of them

Wildcathcky
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Wildcathcky » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

hunting247 wrote:og85 yes the 98 edge goalie was on the pee wee a farmington team, but gets rattled easily and the rest of the players are medicore at best compared to the other teams in the elite bracket. just saying, they would have better luck in the open bracket. but if you ask any of parents or kids on the team they are better than the blades and machine, but never play them. So maybe it is a good thing they are in the elite level so the other teams can take their ego down a few notches
I heard that the 98 Edge and Blades were going to play this past weekend. Did the game take place? Based on some the additions to the 98 Edge this year, I assume they will be one of the tougher metro teams. I'm not sure that they can compete with the Machine and Blades but they have talented kids.

hunting247
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by hunting247 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am

I looked at the Edge calendar and yes they did scrimmage this past weekend. I would be interested to know how that went, and yes they will probably be a tough metro team but they are far from an Elite Team (Blades, Machine, Mission, Bauer selects)

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

Good luck to all the Mn kids. Sounds like maybe the Edge parents should be carefull what they wish for.

dreampuck
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 am

98 Edge vs. 98 Blades & 98 Icemen vs. 98 Blades

Post by dreampuck » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 pm

The Edge and Blades did play this week.

Blades 10
Edge 1

The Blades also played the Icemen last night.

Blades 5
Icemen 2

Very fast, very well played game on both sides.

The 98 Blades will be the class of Minnesota this year, with the Machine and Icemen next. Just my opinion. The Edge is a good team, but on most days not in the caliber of the 3 teams mentioned above. Good luck to all the MN boys!

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:03 pm

I was asking my kid.[98] He said his Nat team split with the Edge last year. We are no where near the Icemen, Blades Type teams. Good luck to all in Chi.

Puckstopper81
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Post by Puckstopper81 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:10 pm

98 Elite Division - Bauer Selects will win in a landslide! Not even a close.

phil mccracken
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by phil mccracken » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I wish more teams that call themselves AAA; preach a higher development and level of competition better then others would step up like the 98' Edge. Good luck this weekend. Win, lose or draw have a good time. Your team will remember the weekend far beyond high school games.

jpiehl
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:09 am

Post by jpiehl » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:21 am

Can't help but notice the 01 Blades are not there. Anyone know the reason for this?

hunting247
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am

Post by hunting247 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:23 am

phil mccracken wrote:I wish more teams that call themselves AAA; preach a higher development and level of competition better then others would step up like the 98' Edge. Good luck this weekend. Win, lose or draw have a good time. Your team will remember the weekend far beyond high school games.

Most all summer teams call themselves AAA and do work on development (less some showcase teams). I have come to the realization that association hockey is now just for fun and the AAA season is for development. As far as "stepping it up" for the 98 Edge there is a difference of being elite and thinking your elite and getting your butts handed to you and coming home with your tails between your legs, and your right who won't remember that! hopefully they come home a little more humble

EXPRO
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by EXPRO » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:29 pm

2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

TheJet
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

Post by TheJet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm

EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

Goalie not so hot in SS tourney, but can't be on your game all the time. Not sure anyone can hang within five of Select's just based on how their teams are built but have never seen them play. Hopefully someone can.

MnMade-4-Life
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 pm
Location: MnMade Rink 2

Post by MnMade-4-Life » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:33 pm

EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!
WOOOOOOOOOO - WOOOOOOOOOOO
/chugga chugga
/chugga chugga
WOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOO

TheJet
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

Post by TheJet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Shortsidegoal wrote:
TheJet wrote:
EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

Goalie not so hot in SS tourney, but can't be on your game all the time. Not sure anyone can hang within five of Select's just based on how their teams are built but have never seen them play. Hopefully someone can.
Sounds like goalie envy to me! Your right, not everyone at 00’ elite level can be on there game, RIGHT!

Not at all, just fact! Good luck all MN teams in Chicago, been there before, it's a great w/e and venue.

JSR
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm

TheJet wrote:
Shortsidegoal wrote:
TheJet wrote:
EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

Goalie not so hot in SS tourney, but can't be on your game all the time. Not sure anyone can hang within five of Select's just based on how their teams are built but have never seen them play. Hopefully someone can.
Sounds like goalie envy to me! Your right, not everyone at 00’ elite level can be on there game, RIGHT!

Not at all, just fact! Good luck all MN teams in Chicago, been there before, it's a great w/e and venue.
Been to the Shuffle and honestly, there are alot of great teams but the venues and the hosting suck. The hotels make you feel like you are not wanted there at all because you are a hockey team. The rinks have a weird sterile feeling. They are spread out all over and the traffic is just horrible, especially for the Friday games (have to leave an hour before hand just to get 10 miles) There is no tourney brochures, no fun things for the kids. I'm from Wisconsin and I told our coach last time we went to the shuffle that I'm ok if we never go back and just play in Minnesota tourneys. Atleast up in Minnesota you are welcomed and you feel like it's a great time and the rinks are alive and the hotels are kind and inviting. I'll take Minne over Illinois as far as venues adn destination for a hockey tourney everyday and twice on Sunday.

TheJet
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:02 am

Post by TheJet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm

JSR wrote:
TheJet wrote:
Shortsidegoal wrote:
TheJet wrote:
EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

Goalie not so hot in SS tourney, but can't be on your game all the time. Not sure anyone can hang within five of Select's just based on how their teams are built but have never seen them play. Hopefully someone can.
Sounds like goalie envy to me! Your right, not everyone at 00’ elite level can be on there game, RIGHT!

Not at all, just fact! Good luck all MN teams in Chicago, been there before, it's a great w/e and venue.
Been to the Shuffle and honestly, there are alot of great teams but the venues and the hosting suck. The hotels make you feel like you are not wanted there at all because you are a hockey team. The rinks have a weird sterile feeling. They are spread out all over and the traffic is just horrible, especially for the Friday games (have to leave an hour before hand just to get 10 miles) There is no tourney brochures, no fun things for the kids. I'm from Wisconsin and I told our coach last time we went to the shuffle that I'm ok if we never go back and just play in Minnesota tourneys. Atleast up in Minnesota you are welcomed and you feel like it's a great time and the rinks are alive and the hotels are kind and inviting. I'll take Minne over Illinois as far as venues adn destination for a hockey tourney everyday and twice on Sunday.
Can't beat a bar above the rink. Our kids/team had a good time and we even got spanked.

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:11 pm

JSR- I agree on the Traffic/dickhead people.[Chicogo] But the teams are top notch. I can't understand why we don't see more of that type of comp, Showing up in mn tournys. Go Nats......

InigoMontoya
Posts: 1716
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:13 am

Pretty easy drive to Chicago from Detroit or St Louis.

JSR
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:18 am

TheJet wrote:
JSR wrote:
TheJet wrote:
Shortsidegoal wrote:
TheJet wrote:
EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!

Goalie not so hot in SS tourney, but can't be on your game all the time. Not sure anyone can hang within five of Select's just based on how their teams are built but have never seen them play. Hopefully someone can.
Sounds like goalie envy to me! Your right, not everyone at 00’ elite level can be on there game, RIGHT!

Not at all, just fact! Good luck all MN teams in Chicago, been there before, it's a great w/e and venue.
Been to the Shuffle and honestly, there are alot of great teams but the venues and the hosting suck. The hotels make you feel like you are not wanted there at all because you are a hockey team. The rinks have a weird sterile feeling. They are spread out all over and the traffic is just horrible, especially for the Friday games (have to leave an hour before hand just to get 10 miles) There is no tourney brochures, no fun things for the kids. I'm from Wisconsin and I told our coach last time we went to the shuffle that I'm ok if we never go back and just play in Minnesota tourneys. Atleast up in Minnesota you are welcomed and you feel like it's a great time and the rinks are alive and the hotels are kind and inviting. I'll take Minne over Illinois as far as venues adn destination for a hockey tourney everyday and twice on Sunday.
Can't beat a bar above the rink. Our kids/team had a good time and we even got spanked.
Maybe because you are from MN just going anywhere for quality hockey games is an adventure. But for us we have to travel no matter what and don't have them right in our back yard so I am merely comparing experiences and our experiences in Minnesota have always been vastly greater than our experiences in Illinois. Competition level in Illinois is always high, I never said otherwise but the experience is not as good as the one they give us in MN. As for a bar above a rink, eh, I'm from Wisconsin.... bars don't excite me as they are everywhere here.

JSR
Posts: 1673
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by JSR » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 am

MnMade-4-Life wrote:
EXPRO wrote:2000's ELITE DIVISION

Machine over Bauer Select's in over time 3-2. Machine goalie stands on his head in OT.

I have Two words for the Machine this year.

FREIGHT TRAIN!
WOOOOOOOOOO - WOOOOOOOOOOO
Uh oh, looks like the train has already been derailed in the first game.....

Post Reply