ChiTown Shuffle Predictions?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckfan

Re: 98 Edge vs. 98 Blades & 98 Icemen vs. 98 Blades

Post by puckfan »

dreampuck wrote:The Edge and Blades did play this week.

Blades 10
Edge 1

The Blades also played the Icemen last night.

Blades 5
Icemen 2

Very fast, very well played game on both sides.

The 98 Blades will be the class of Minnesota this year, with the Machine and Icemen next. Just my opinion. The Edge is a good team, but on most days not in the caliber of the 3 teams mentioned above. Good luck to all the MN boys!
I believe that the 98 Blades can/should win Chicago while the Machine has a slim chance to advance to semi's.
icnet01

Post by icnet01 »

8:30am 9:50am FV NHL 99 Elite B1. MN Machine 1 B2. Little Caesars 4
8:40am 10:00am FV Inter 99 Elite A1. Team Illinois 0 A2. MN Blades 11
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

JSR wrote:
TheJet wrote:
JSR wrote: Been to the Shuffle and honestly, there are alot of great teams but the venues and the hosting suck. The hotels make you feel like you are not wanted there at all because you are a hockey team. The rinks have a weird sterile feeling. They are spread out all over and the traffic is just horrible, especially for the Friday games (have to leave an hour before hand just to get 10 miles) There is no tourney brochures, no fun things for the kids. I'm from Wisconsin and I told our coach last time we went to the shuffle that I'm ok if we never go back and just play in Minnesota tourneys. Atleast up in Minnesota you are welcomed and you feel like it's a great time and the rinks are alive and the hotels are kind and inviting. I'll take Minne over Illinois as far as venues adn destination for a hockey tourney everyday and twice on Sunday.
Can't beat a bar above the rink. Our kids/team had a good time and we even got spanked.
Maybe because you are from MN just going anywhere for quality hockey games is an adventure. But for us we have to travel no matter what and don't have them right in our back yard so I am merely comparing experiences and our experiences in Minnesota have always been vastly greater than our experiences in Illinois. Competition level in Illinois is always high, I never said otherwise but the experience is not as good as the one they give us in MN. As for a bar above a rink, eh, I'm from Wisconsin.... bars don't excite me as they are everywhere here.

Been to ND, IL, NY, north of the border, always a good time. Minnesota appreciates the props though. (I am from WI)
Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf »

old goalie85 wrote:JSR- I agree on the Traffic/dickhead people.[Chicogo] But the teams are top notch. I can't understand why we don't see more of that type of comp, Showing up in mn tournys. Go Nats......
Now with all the Machine parents in Chicago there are even more Dickheads there.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

What is going on w/the train???
Tellitlikeitis

Post by Tellitlikeitis »

'00 Blades looks to be in over their heads in Chicago and they shouldn't be playing in the 'Elite' Division in Chicago and should of entered the AAA Division instead. They are really struggling with 2 losses so far and have been outscored 11-1 in losing to LA Jr. Kings and Bauer Selects. YIKES
dreampuck

98 Score?

Post by dreampuck »

Can anyone find the scores of these games anywhere?

Anyone have the scores of the 98 Division?
dreampuck

Post by dreampuck »

I must be missing soemthing? I dont see where you get the scores.

I had already checked there?

help!
icnet01

Post by icnet01 »

buttend

Post by buttend »

dreampuck wrote:I must be missing soemthing? I dont see where you get the scores.

I had already checked there?

help!

http://chitownshuffle.com/ChiTownShuffle_98.htm
dreampuck

Post by dreampuck »

Thanks guys!
JSR

Post by JSR »

old goalie85 wrote:I'll try the 98's- Pool A- compuware,man jrsteelers, mission ,machine, ccm. Looks like a very good pool!! Miision over the Steelers. Pool B-Blades should be the class of these teams. Mn Edge could make a run. Madison caps always good.Bauer and Reebok I don't know anything about.
Bauer Select looking very strong at 98 level. Won 7-2 over the Blades in pool play, both made semi finals, could play eachother again in finals if they both win. Bauer Selects should win their game, Blades have a tough test against Jr. Steelers who won their pool
takeitwide

Post by takeitwide »

JSR wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:I'll try the 98's- Pool A- compuware,man jrsteelers, mission ,machine, ccm. Looks like a very good pool!! Miision over the Steelers. Pool B-Blades should be the class of these teams. Mn Edge could make a run. Madison caps always good.Bauer and Reebok I don't know anything about.
Bauer Select looking very strong at 98 level. Won 7-2 over the Blades in pool play, both made semi finals, could play eachother again in finals if they both win. Bauer Selects should win their game, Blades have a tough test against Jr. Steelers who won their pool
99s all minnesota finals Blades vs Machine great for Minnesota congrads to both teams
buttend

Re: ChiTown Shuffle Predictions?

Post by buttend »

Pylon wrote: Who's going to be in the finals in each division?
97 Division

97 Machine 4-1-1 2nd place finish
97 NATS 0-4-0

98 Division

98 Blades 2-2 Made it to Final 4
98 Machine 1-3
98 MN Edge 0-4

99 Division

99 Blades 4-2 2nd Place finish
99 Machine 5 -1 1st place finish

00 Division

00 Machine 5-1 1st Place Finish
00 Blades 2-2

01 Division

01 Machine 4-2 2nd Place

02 Division

02 Machine 4-2 2nd Place
Last edited by buttend on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Great showing by the STATE OF HOCKEY. Congrates to all the kids.
Blackhawkfan

Post by Blackhawkfan »

Dilligaf wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:JSR- I agree on the Traffic/dickhead people.[Chicogo] But the teams are top notch. I can't understand why we don't see more of that type of comp, Showing up in mn tournys. Go Nats......
Now with all the Machine parents in Chicago there are even more Dickheads there.
Looks like the biggest D_ _ _head is back in Minnesota....that would be you Dili
Puckstopper81

Post by Puckstopper81 »

Yes, I will toot my own horn. I believe I called it right on the '98 birth year. Bauer Selects......not even close Minny.
HockeyStorm

Bauer Selects

Post by HockeyStorm »

Where are the players on the Bauer Selects team from?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

takeitwide wrote:
JSR wrote:
99s all minnesota finals Blades vs Machine great for Minnesota congrads to both teams
=D>
Badger_Dad

Re: Bauer Selects

Post by Badger_Dad »

HockeyStorm wrote:Where are the players on the Bauer Selects team from?
Based out of Chicago, kids can be and have been from all over the country. The '01's are from Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin
darkhorse

Post by darkhorse »

Great showing for MN! Have to be impressed with the Machine beating Bauer Selects in 3 age groups (99/00/02.)
Wrister

ChiTown Shuffle Predictions

Post by Wrister »

I see where the '99 Machine beat the '99 Blades 3-0 in the Championship game. way to go both teams for making the finals. The main difference I see bwteen the two teams is the Machine plays together as a team because they stay together as a whole team. Both the Blades and the Machine have talented kids but the Machine work on development skills as well as team skills. The Blades can't do that when a third of their team is from different parts of the country. Three years ago, both teams were pretty equal, in fact the edge went to the Blades. Since then, it appears the Blades keep getting rid of local players and bringing in out of state players for tournaments and how does that help bring the players together as a team. In the state of hockey, I would think the Blades could find local talent to work with year in and year out.
hunting247

Post by hunting247 »

Good call to everyone who said the 98 Mn Edge could compete at the elite level. Not winning a single game, only 5 GF and 22 GA. must have been a long car ride home.
darkhorse

Re: ChiTown Shuffle Predictions

Post by darkhorse »

Wrister wrote:I see where the '99 Machine beat the '99 Blades 3-0 in the Championship game. way to go both teams for making the finals. The main difference I see bwteen the two teams is the Machine plays together as a team because they stay together as a whole team. Both the Blades and the Machine have talented kids but the Machine work on development skills as well as team skills. The Blades can't do that when a third of their team is from different parts of the country. Three years ago, both teams were pretty equal, in fact the edge went to the Blades. Since then, it appears the Blades keep getting rid of local players and bringing in out of state players for tournaments and how does that help bring the players together as a team. In the state of hockey, I would think the Blades could find local talent to work with year in and year out.
I don't doubt some of this is true, but do the Blades actively look to add kids from other parts of the country or do these kids come to them? Pretty big difference in my mind.
darkhorse

Post by darkhorse »

hunting247 wrote:Good call to everyone who said the 98 Mn Edge could compete at the elite level. Not winning a single game, only 5 GF and 22 GA. must have been a long car ride home.
Nice sportsmanship, why even post something like this? The only thing they can do now is learn from this and use it as motivation. At least they were willing to enter the tournament.