Walser/Effects of the D6 Rule on MM

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

MrBoDangles wrote:
sourgrapes wrote:After reading the flyer again the only difference between any other AAA Mission statement is the desire to compete outside MN. Maybe the intent is extensive travel across US and Canada. Can't imagine what that will cost.....or maybe Walser will supplement the cost for the advertising.
OTC, The Machine and other SUMMER AAA teams already compete outside of Mn.

Winter would cause a need for this "desire".
This will be the first winter, age appropriate, team from Minnesota to compete on a national level. Next summer is the put it together time. Next winter is the launch.

If you think this is just another Machine you haven't been paying attention.
I've seen the pdf file that lays it out. This will be the best Minnesota has to offer. here is no reason for the top kids to leave the team they're on, unless the Walser team offers something more.

So far no one wants to say what the end game is. That's understandable.
let's all try to act surprised when the announcement is made next fall.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

I'm no marketing genius, but if the intent is to create a Tier 1 team that will compete nationally in the winter season, why didn't they say that in the information they sent out?

If you call to MM and talk with them they are not saying anything about creating a tier 1 winter team.

Unless the marketing strategy is to completely lie to everyone about their intentions, I tend to believe this is just a tweak to their already existing summer program.

Of course maybe I am just being naive :D
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

USAh has been given monopoly status as a National governing body. They are allowed to restrict member teams from playing non-member teams. Bernie can't just form a team and demand to play USAh teams.
You'll need other "Tier 1" teams to not register with USAh to have travel competition.

Maybe Walser just wants to play in the Michigan AAU league. Parents will get a real bang for their travel buck that way.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

There must be some other flyer than the one on the Minnesota Made website.
Be kind. Rewind.
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

I was told that this is a simple retool of their summer AAA program. Their former lower level teams, that were called (attack, force, etc.) are being rolled into this one new program.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:I was told that this is a simple retool of their summer AAA program. Their former lower level teams, that were called (attack, force, etc.) are being rolled into this one new program.
Sunset, that makes sense. The flyer says it is like other Minnesota AAA teams, but the coach shows up.
Be kind. Rewind.
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

[quote="Sunsetcliffs98"]I was told that this is a simple retool of their summer AAA program. Their former lower level teams, that were called (attack, force, etc.) are being rolled into this one new program.[/quote]

So the Machine Orange is still going to be their "premier" AAA team?
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

No Political Connections wrote:But, can Bernie form this team with a home base of MM using MN hockey players and then register it in, say, Hudson WI or something if MN Hockey refuses to register it through them? If he does that he will have a street legal Tier 1 team made up entirely of MN hockey players that he can then take onto the national scene and compete. Seems like the biggest hurdle he will face is having a "home" for this team and if (for lack of a better way of putting this) open enrollment is an option it seems to me that MN Hockey's association model of hockey just got whacked.
Read Wisconsin's affiliate agreement with USAh for your answers. There are restrictions to forming a team. For instance: Teams have to play home games where their registered and have to have X amount of players coming from certain areas.
I'm sure the Fire has pushed the rules as far as possible already.
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:I was told that this is a simple retool of their summer AAA program. Their former lower level teams, that were called (attack, force, etc.) are being rolled into this one new program.
So their going to reduce the number of teams they host? Will the price go up with less teams?
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

sourgrapes wrote:
So the Machine Orange is still going to be their "premier" AAA team?
That seemed pretty clear to me. Not sure about price. What did they charge in the past for their non machine AAA teams?
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

[quote="Sunsetcliffs98"][quote="sourgrapes"][quote="Sunsetcliffs98"]I was told that this is a simple retool of their summer AAA program. Their former lower level teams, that were called (attack, force, etc.) are being rolled into this one new program.[/quote]

So the Machine Orange is still going to be their "premier" AAA team?[/quote]

That seemed pretty clear to me. Not sure about price. What did they charge in the past for their non machine AAA teams?[/quote]

MM needs to put out more clarificaiton on what this team really is. If the Machine is still going to be their premier team (Obviously a great team)then they should state that, so those that want to try out for their top team knows what they are working towards. Don't put out a flyer that states something other than it appears (according to what MM is saying on the phone).....a rename of their lower ability teams. The fact is if the TOP players on the Orange/Black are not going to be on the Walser team (along with top players of other AAA teams) these teams will not "compete" with "Canada, Chicago, Detroit or the East Coast".

I'm sure some of the parents of the TOP kids playing with the Orange/Black teams have been told what the real deal is....SO are your kids going to be playing for the new Walser team or staying with the Machine? That will be the real information on whats up with the Walser team.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

From what I've been told they're going to be setting up for a Tier 1 team at the Made. If USA Hockey denies the team entry they will only be setting themselves up for their own lawsuit. The NEW second/third tier Walser team is going to be all about travel and the Machine are going to stick MOSTLY around home? :roll: :lol:

Like I said before...... It might be that they're just seeing how much interest there would be considering time, cost, and travel, but the focus is a future Tier 1 team..
Quasar

Post by Quasar »

MrBoDangles wrote:From what I've been told they're going to be setting up for a Tier 1 team at the Made. If USA Hockey denies the team entry they will only be setting themselves up for their own lawsuit. The NEW second/third tier Walser team is going to be all about travel and the Machine are going to stick MOSTLY around home? :roll: :lol:

Like I said before...... It might be that they're just seeing how much interest there would be considering time, cost, and travel, but the focus is a future Tier 1 team..
They are looking for the most committed kids they can find in the top 100.
This is not going to be a recreational team!

And I agree about them testing the waters..
Deep Breath

Post by Deep Breath »

The Walser team is simlpy replacing the Force and the Snipers at the 99-03 levels. Machine Orange team is going to remain as is.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Deep Breath wrote:The Walser team is simlpy replacing the Force and the Snipers at the 99-03 levels. Machine Orange team is going to remain as is.
Deep Breath, What are we able to come up with from the flyer sour grapes read...... The tryout information on their website........ And your opinion in your post?

Are they trying to get rid of the current players on the Force and Snipers?

Are they getting rid of kids that didn't show up?

Are they getting rid of coaches that were no shows for games and practices?

Why are they trying to get rid of the current players and replace them with new ones?

Why does this team need such a sponsor?

Why did the flyer at the Made talk about desire to play out of state?

Are they not able to train the current players on the Force and Snipers properly and now have to replace them?

Where's the loyalty if what you say is correct? :shock:

Who does the marketing at the Made........... :roll: :shock:

I hope everyone gets a chance to see their website before they change it.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

MrBoDangles wrote:I hope everyone gets a chance to see their website before they change it.
Team Walser is a new AAA program for the player that is tired of all the Minnesota AAA pitfalls. We all know what these are: half the team doesn’t show up for practice, the team revolves around the coach’s kid, just cannot compete in tournaments. The list goes on. Team Walser is for the player that is committed to developing and does his best to get to practice, not just for the games. You will appreciate that all Walser teams will have quality non-parent coaches.
Be kind. Rewind.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

The Made is not a training facility. It's just a program trying to attract good players to say they "MADE" them.

If your post is correct

Deep Breath.....?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

O-townClown wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:I hope everyone gets a chance to see their website before they change it.
Team Walser is a new AAA program for the player that is tired of all the Minnesota AAA pitfalls. We all know what these are: half the team doesn’t show up for practice, the team revolves around the coach’s kid, just cannot compete in tournaments. The list goes on. Team Walser is for the player that is committed to developing and does his best to get to practice, not just for the games. You will appreciate that all Walser teams will have quality non-parent coaches.
I'll have to say that you seemed to have been right in the past in saying that Tier1/AAA is very cutthroat.

We'll have to see what this Walser team becomes.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

O-townClown wrote:
You missed the "more information" part on the website. :wink:
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

I just rewatched the Zapruder film and I'll be darned if I didn't see Bernie standing on the grassy knoll talking to the Walser executives..........
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

No Political Connections wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:I just rewatched the Zapruder film and I'll be darned if I didn't see Bernie standing on the grassy knoll talking to the Walser executives..........
Saw the same film, I think he had a rifle in his hand too.
That was a hockey stick.
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

[/quote]
Glad to see Bernie is finally admitting that parent coaches lead to a low quality experience for the non-parent-coached players.

Now how does he justify the bunch of parent-coach self-serving groupies he has coaching his exiisting Orange/Black teams ...[/quote]

Great first post =D> =D> =D> =D> Now please go away!!!!

Going after a long time, frequent poster reduces your credibility on this BORED. Especially when you have a sub-standard kid on an orange team with a parent coach.

I'm sure he's the best player ever and will eventually be an NHLer w/o a parent coach. Consider yourself "lobby cancer". [-X [-X
irish skater

Post by irish skater »

Well, at least one good thing will come out of Walser sponsoring a team at MM. Maybe now hockey -- especially summer hockey -- can be more affordable. I'm sure the money Walser is pitching in will go right to the players so they don't have to pay as much -- er, wait a second. We're talking about Bernie. Oh, well, maybe some of that money Walser is giving MM will go toward really nice uniforms -- er, wait a second. We're talking about Bernie. Does anyone know how much of a break the skaters got who skated for Torspo? I'm sure they got a break because the team was sponsored -- oh, wait a second . . .
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Hey Irish, it's 8 bucks to try out. No complaints yet!
Be kind. Rewind.
irish skater

Post by irish skater »

O-townClown wrote:Hey Irish, it's 8 bucks to try out. No complaints yet!
I guess you're right, but if I was a betting man . . .

I'll just say he's not in it for his health. Don't get wrong. He shouldn't do it for free. BM does it for two reasons: Ego and money. Most of us do. The difference is, most of us don't do it on the backs of 11-year-olds. I'll take my hat off to him. He's the king. Everyone else just plays catch up.