Caribou classic

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edgeless

Caribou classic

Post by Edgeless »

Any predictions? Looks like the cream of the Minnesota crop at the 2000 level. Good luck to all participants. Should be some fun games to watch.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I heard the 00 Icemen lost #9[who I think is the top 00 that I have seen] to the Blades.
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

old goalie85 wrote:I heard the 00 Icemen lost #9[who I think is the top 00 that I have seen] to the Blades.

Looks like they faired pretty well in Stars tournament over the w/e, losing to Mach black in ship 3-1. How many orange played with black? 00's pretty deep group in general we tend to hear. Nice respsonse/answer by the kids/team.
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

snyper12 wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:I heard the 00 Icemen lost #9[who I think is the top 00 that I have seen] to the Blades.

Looks like they faired pretty well in Stars tournament over the w/e, losing to Mach black in ship 3-1. How many orange played with black? 00's pretty deep group in general we tend to hear. Nice respsonse/answer by the kids/team.
Couldnt be prouder of what the coaches/kids/team accomplished this w/e with the adversity they faced earlier in the week. They played great.

Black seemed to have 4-6 orange. Think orange contributed all 3 goals but could be wrong. Shots on the board were 2-1 black however scorekeeper needs an education on what a shot is. Some great scoring chances for each team in every period and game was pretty exciting. Great host and great facility at Heritage (and great weather in Duluth). Iceman had 1 blade and 1 other for the w/e.
dzonecoverage

Post by dzonecoverage »

adversity earlier in the week?
TheJet

Post by TheJet »

dzonecoverage wrote:adversity earlier in the week?

See above, lost a player to another team.
JSR

Post by JSR »

TheJet wrote:
snyper12 wrote:

Couldnt be prouder of what the coaches/kids/team accomplished this w/e with the adversity they faced earlier in the week. They played great.

Black seemed to have 4-6 orange. Think orange contributed all 3 goals but could be wrong. Shots on the board were 2-1 black however scorekeeper needs an education on what a shot is. Some great scoring chances for each team in every period and game was pretty exciting. Great host and great facility at Heritage (and great weather in Duluth). Iceman had 1 blade and 1 other for the w/e.
I agree, the facility and the hosts at the LSS Ice Cup were great overall and the Heritage is a wonderful facility. Fun games, especially at the 2000 level. We had a little incident where we were told the wrong game time by the tourney director for our Sunday game. Luckily we got a heads up by our oppisitions team rep (staying at same hotel) at about 11:00pm on Saturday night and were able to get word to the rest fo the team but other than that it was great. Thought the competition was really good at the 2000 level. I was really proud of our team as well considering they got put together less than two weeks before the tourney and only practiced 3 times (and even at that we didn't have the whole team at a single practice). Won 2 and lost 2 and were competitive in the two losses. Would love to see how the team would do if they could actually play and practice together. Oh well, still proud of how the kids performed and really glad we went to this tourney. Never have been to Duluth or had a kid play there before, was a really positive experience.
Shortsidegoal

Re: Caribou classic

Post by Shortsidegoal »

Edgeless wrote:Any predictions? Looks like the cream of the Minnesota crop at the 2000 level. Good luck to all participants. Should be some fun games to watch.
At the 2000 Elite level

Machine over the Blades to put to bed all the rumors, and hype! Good luck to all the kids, what a why to close out the season, at a great home town tourney.

Top Three in this order.
Machine
Blades
Icemen
snyper12

Re: Caribou classic

Post by snyper12 »

Shortsidegoal wrote:
Edgeless wrote:Any predictions? Looks like the cream of the Minnesota crop at the 2000 level. Good luck to all participants. Should be some fun games to watch.
At the 2000 Elite level

Machine over the Blades to put to bed all the rumors, and hype! Good luck to all the kids, what a why to close out the season, at a great home town tourney.

Top Three in this order.
Machine
Blades
Icemen
Top 2 should be a no brainer with Machine heavily favored. Probably all depends on who brings in who with the other 3. Does canadian (s) play for the edge? Snynergy looks to have given trouble to Edge a few weeks ago (1 goal game) and Iceman last weekend (2 goal game) - so with some roster moves amongst each - 3rd, 4th, 5th anyones game.
LSS

Post by LSS »

thanks for all the teams coming up to Duluth last weekend. Some great games and fun had by all at all levels.

My son plays on the 2000 team and we had some great games and unfortunately fell a bit short of our goal. I think the break may have hurt us a bit but that's youth hockey. We won the Warrior cup earlier this spring beating the Edge in the championship by a goal. Never got things going this tournament but also faced some very good teams.

We don't bring players in for tourneys and just play teams with what we got and let the chips fall where they may. We lost to the Machine Black in the semi's and they had a fair number of machine orange players. I heard the Icemen also had some kids from other programs. To each their own.

We then went onto lost the 3rd place game to Synergy 5-2 after a 3rd period meltdown. I give that Synergy team credit they came flying in the 3rd and beat us all the way around. We tied Synergy earlier in pool play and both of us came out of our bracket 2-0-1.

We almost came down to the Caribou this weekend but with so few free weekends left before school it wasn't in the cards for everyone.

Looks like a great field at the 2000 level. All teams can play.
observer

Post by observer »

Scores and reports please.
MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell »

97 TC Bulls over Machine 4-2
Edgeless

Post by Edgeless »

Isn't that the TC Bulls squad that's been owning that age bracket all summer? Where is the team based out of?
hockey59

SCORES - ELITE LEVEL

Post by hockey59 »

98 CCM FLYERS 3
MANITOBA RED ARMY 1

98 MN BLADES 6
98 CCM FLYERS 5
observer

Post by observer »

Isn't that the TC Bulls squad that's been owning that age bracket all summer?
No. Lost the 5th place game at the International Cup.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

Anti Orange wrote:The classlessness of the 2000 Machine Orange coaches was shining brightly tonight. I cannot understand how parents cannot see through the BS that Jungles and minions spew. These coaches should not be allowed anywhere near kids on a rink. THey are a joke. NO CLASS.
Because?
Sunsetcliffs98

Post by Sunsetcliffs98 »

goaliewithfoggedglasses wrote:
Anti Orange wrote:The classlessness of the 2000 Machine Orange coaches was shining brightly tonight. I cannot understand how parents cannot see through the BS that Jungles and minions spew. These coaches should not be allowed anywhere near kids on a rink. THey are a joke. NO CLASS.
Because?
Seriously what happened?
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:
Because?
Seriously what happened?
If a guy has a moniker like "Anti Orange" do you believe any crap he spews won't be "anti-orange" in nature?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
Edgeless

Post by Edgeless »

Anti Orange very salient points??I hope your team can get by the Blades to get another shot at them and show those horrible people how to do it with class :)
buttend

Post by buttend »

Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:
Because?
Seriously what happened?
Anti Orange is a 2000 Mn Edge parent. He's a little on "edge" this weekend because his team got thumped twice. 7-1 by the Blades and 6-4 by the Machine. ( according to the score sheet it was 6-2 with 3 minutes to play).

2 weeks ago when the 2000 Edge went 5 and 0 at the Easton Cup we did not hear a peep out of him, winning is good right?

Its ironic he is calling the Machine coaches "classless" and dissing those parents involved on that team but he is the man posting on a hockey forum, under an anonymous name, after a loss in an 11 year old summer hockey game. DUDE YOU HAVE NO CLASS!
snyper12

Post by snyper12 »

buttend wrote:
Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:
goaliewithfoggedglasses wrote: Because?
Seriously what happened?
Anti Orange is a 2000 Mn Edge parent. He's a little on "edge" this weekend because his team got thumped twice. 7-1 by the Blades and 6-4 by the Machine. ( according to the score sheet it was 6-2 with 3 minutes to play).

2 weeks ago when the 2000 Edge went 5 and 0 at the Easton Cup we did not hear a peep out of him, winning is good right?

Its ironic he is calling the Machine coaches "classless" and dissing those parents involved on that team but he is the man posting on a hockey forum, under an anonymous name, after a loss in an 11 year old summer hockey game. DUDE YOU HAVE NO CLASS!

The lack of class is shown by the Blades and the Edge who allow quiters to defunct and participate. No class, respect, morals, etc. As a coach you need to teach more than just hockey. If their parents don't "get it" would hope a "real coach" would. Choo Choo.
RMWCHOCKEY

Post by RMWCHOCKEY »

buttend wrote:
Sunsetcliffs98 wrote:
goaliewithfoggedglasses wrote: Because?
Seriously what happened?

Ant-orange - is this guy an ex Fire parent on top of being an Edge parent? Wondering . . .
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Let's get back on topic, please.
Edgeless

Post by Edgeless »

Blades n Icemen in 98 ship
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

Edgeless wrote:Blades n Icemen in 98 ship
did 98 machine play in the caribou?