99 Blades to Replace Head Coach Gerry Anderson

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

scrapiron

99 Blades to Replace Head Coach Gerry Anderson

Post by scrapiron »

Sunday I was at the 99 Championship game between the Machine and the Blades.

I was next to a couple of parents. They had stated that the Blades leadership was "pulling the team from Gerry Anderson". This was his last game as a Blade.

Anyone know more or why?
forreal

Re: 99 Blades to Replace Head Coach Gerry Anderson

Post by forreal »

scrapiron wrote:Sunday I was at the 99 Championship game between the Machine and the Blades.

I was next to a couple of parents. They had stated that the Blades leadership was "pulling the team from Gerry Anderson". This was his last game as a Blade.

Anyone know more or why?
From what I heard Gerry wanted there to be a non parent head coach. I believe he will still be on the bench as an assistant but he wanted to see a non parent as the team got older. I've always been very impressed with Gerry. He seems to always have the kids best interest at heart.
hockeydad11

Post by hockeydad11 »

I heard that Gerry was pulled as coach and is taking half of the players to the Iceman.
terrymoore1717

Post by terrymoore1717 »

This will clear up the rumors about my good friend Gerry Anderson and the 99 Blades. Gerry has been a major contributor to the Blades organization for the last five years. He is a great guy and a great coach, we have been lucky to have him.

The 99 Blades are very pleased that Ed Zepeda has agreed to take over the head coach position for the 99 Blades. Ed coached the 91 Blades for years and helped put 11 of those players into Division 1 hockey. Ed will now take the 99 Blades players to their next development level. We announced it to our team last week.

The reason for the change is that it is time for these players to have a non-parent coach. Gerry Anderson was involved in this decision and was one of the catalysts of it. To be clear, he was not fired or dismissed.
MrBoDangles

Re: 99 Blades to Replace Head Coach Gerry Anderson

Post by MrBoDangles »

scrapiron wrote:Sunday I was at the 99 Championship game between the Machine and the Blades.

Anyone know more or why?
:idea:
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

terrymoore1717 wrote:The reason for the change is that it is time for these players to have a non-parent coach. Gerry Anderson was involved in this decision and was one of the catalysts of it. To be clear, he was not fired or dismissed.
So does the Blades organization feel that the 99s need a non-parent coach, but 97s don't?
hockeydad11

Post by hockeydad11 »

Hey Terry Moore1717 is it true that the Blades have already replace the coach that was taking over for Gerry Anderson (Ed Zepeda) and are now going to join forces with the 99 Miracle Gold?
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

hockeydad11 wrote:Hey Terry Moore1717 is it true that the Blades have already replace the coach that was taking over for Gerry Anderson (Ed Zepeda) and are now going to join forces with the 99 Miracle Gold?
Spinning wheels
forreal

Post by forreal »

hockeydad11 wrote:Hey Terry Moore1717 is it true that the Blades have already replace the coach that was taking over for Gerry Anderson (Ed Zepeda) and are now going to join forces with the 99 Miracle Gold?
I have heard nothing but good things about Ed Zepeda. Why would they involve miracle gold? Wasn't that coach fired from a couple places?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Not a couple-EVERYwhere!!!
StopTheMadness

Post by StopTheMadness »

Look out for this group led by Coach JD and a cast of clowns...They would sell their own mother down the road. Watch out AAA world - Here they come! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: