PEE-WEE A SCORES

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1060
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Here is a link to our predictions for the PeeWee districts (winners and sleepers)..plus some fun commentary about teams and districts from all over the state.

http://youthhockeyhub.com/peewees-district-predictions/

Monsterbuck1
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Monsterbuck1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:12 am

gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs tonight in Waconia

Burnsville 6
Kennedy 0

Chaska/Chanhassen 5
New Pague 1
What happen to New Prague this season? Last year they had a very strong year at the Peewee B level. They were ranked in the top 5 all season. I assume most of their players must have moved up to bantams???

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 am

Then why didn't they play A last year.

seek & destroy
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by seek & destroy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 am

Monsterbuck1 wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs tonight in Waconia

Burnsville 6
Kennedy 0

Chaska/Chanhassen 5
New Pague 1
What happen to New Prague this season? Last year they had a very strong year at the Peewee B level. They were ranked in the top 5 all season. I assume most of their players must have moved up to bantams???
They didn't field a Peewee A team last year therefore their BEST 15 players were playing against other associations players ranked 16 through as much as 45. The fact that they were ranked so high as a Peewee B1 team is one of the problems with 'rankings'...they don't factor in all the details. This year New Prague has a Peewee A team, a specially designed softer schedule with 3 games each against the 3 teams considered to be weaker and they had 0 wins.

If those players from last years team did move up to Bantams as you speculated, their Bantam A team had a winning record with 10 wins - 9 of the 10 wins were against the 3 teams considered weaker so they benefited with the weighted schedule. I'm sure Jefferson, Chaska and Minnetonka would have liked 2 more games against each of the lower 3 teams and take out the extra games played against Edina, Burnsville, EP and Prior Lake twice in the standings/rankings. Those players from last years Peewee B1 team could also ended up on the Bantam B2 team instead of the Bantam A team (they chose to not field a Bantam B1 team).

I don't see anything wrong with associations making decisions to not field teams at certain levels. I also don't think it is a bad idea that certain teams have a softer schedule so that the games are more competitive and you avoid having so many blow outs.

My issue is that people who do 'rankings' should factor all of that into their rankings so people don't think that their team is actually a "top 5" team. The greater tragedy is that District 6 is not at least factoring some of the soft schedule into their playoff rankings which directly impacts teams/players chances in the post season.

Monsterbuck1
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Monsterbuck1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 am

seek & destroy wrote:
Monsterbuck1 wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs tonight in Waconia

Burnsville 6
Kennedy 0

Chaska/Chanhassen 5
New Pague 1
What happen to New Prague this season? Last year they had a very strong year at the Peewee B level. They were ranked in the top 5 all season. I assume most of their players must have moved up to bantams???
They didn't field a Peewee A team last year therefore their BEST 15 players were playing against other associations players ranked 16 through as much as 45. The fact that they were ranked so high as a Peewee B1 team is one of the problems with 'rankings'...they don't factor in all the details. This year New Prague has a Peewee A team, a specially designed softer schedule with 3 games each against the 3 teams considered to be weaker and they had 0 wins.

If those players from last years team did move up to Bantams as you speculated, their Bantam A team had a winning record with 10 wins - 9 of the 10 wins were against the 3 teams considered weaker so they benefited with the weighted schedule. I'm sure Jefferson, Chaska and Minnetonka would have liked 2 more games against each of the lower 3 teams and take out the extra games played against Edina, Burnsville, EP and Prior Lake twice in the standings/rankings. Those players from last years Peewee B1 team could also ended up on the Bantam B2 team instead of the Bantam A team (they chose to not field a Bantam B1 team).

I don't see anything wrong with associations making decisions to not field teams at certain levels. I also don't think it is a bad idea that certain teams have a softer schedule so that the games are more competitive and you avoid having so many blow outs.

My issue is that people who do 'rankings' should factor all of that into their rankings so people don't think that their team is actually a "top 5" team. The greater tragedy is that District 6 is not at least factoring some of the soft schedule into their playoff rankings which directly impacts teams/players chances in the post season.
Good stuff S&D. Thanks for your insight on this. I was just curious about their team. I agree that it would make sense to somehow factor in the softer schedule so teams are seeded appropriately into their playoffs. My guess is that would just be to difficult and time consuming. :?

gorilla1
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:03 am

Post by gorilla1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

D6 playoffs

Burnsville 4
Shakopee 3

Chaska/Chan 3
Jefferson 2

Jefferson I am sure is upset because they are a team who felt they should have been in top 5 instead of Waconia.

bubblehockeypro
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:05 am

Post by bubblehockeypro » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 pm

gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs

Burnsville 4
Shakopee 3

Chaska/Chan 3
Jefferson 2

Jefferson I am sure is upset because they are a team who felt they should have been in top 5 instead of Waconia.
they can be upset all they want until next year then maybe they will make it to the top 5. Waconia deserves the 5 seed

seek & destroy
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by seek & destroy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 am

bubblehockeypro wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs

Burnsville 4
Shakopee 3

Chaska/Chan 3
Jefferson 2

Jefferson I am sure is upset because they are a team who felt they should have been in top 5 instead of Waconia.
they can be upset all they want until next year then maybe they will make it to the top 5. Waconia deserves the 5 seed
Your kidding yourself if you believe that Waconia deserves the 5 seed. They are at best a #7 seed. They got to play Kennedy (out of playoffs) and Shakopee (out of playoffs) and New Prague (out of playoffs) a total of 9 times and that is the ONLY reason Waconia is in that position. What a farce!

They will be out of playoffs in 2 games and the only reason that it isn't one game is that they were given a gift by district 6 allowing them to be in double elimination.

supertacks
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by supertacks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:54 am

seek & destroy wrote:
bubblehockeypro wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs

Burnsville 4
Shakopee 3

Chaska/Chan 3
Jefferson 2

Jefferson I am sure is upset because they are a team who felt they should have been in top 5 instead of Waconia.
they can be upset all they want until next year then maybe they will make it to the top 5. Waconia deserves the 5 seed
Your kidding yourself if you believe that Waconia deserves the 5 seed. They are at best a #7 seed. They got to play Kennedy (out of playoffs) and Shakopee (out of playoffs) and New Prague (out of playoffs) a total of 9 times and that is the ONLY reason Waconia is in that position. What a farce!

They will be out of playoffs in 2 games and the only reason that it isn't one game is that they were given a gift by district 6 allowing them to be in double elimination.
Actually you are all wrong... Waconia is not a #5 seed, they are the #4 seed, and clearly Jefferson did not deserve to be up there because they just got beat by the #9 seed :shock:

Furthermore, #2 seed EP better be ready if they encounter #4 seed Waconia again, as they would not like a repeat of the 5-1 A$$ pounding they took from Waconia earlier this year :lol:

GTTN
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by GTTN » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:15 am

seek & destroy wrote:
bubblehockeypro wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:D6 playoffs

Burnsville 4
Shakopee 3

Chaska/Chan 3
Jefferson 2

Jefferson I am sure is upset because they are a team who felt they should have been in top 5 instead of Waconia.
they can be upset all they want until next year then maybe they will make it to the top 5. Waconia deserves the 5 seed
Your kidding yourself if you believe that Waconia deserves the 5 seed. They are at best a #7 seed. They got to play Kennedy (out of playoffs) and Shakopee (out of playoffs) and New Prague (out of playoffs) a total of 9 times and that is the ONLY reason Waconia is in that position. What a farce!

They will be out of playoffs in 2 games and the only reason that it isn't one game is that they were given a gift by district 6 allowing them to be in double elimination.
That is a shame for Jefferson. This was their best PWA team in a while and they are a top 15 team in the state and they can't even compete in the "real" district tourny because of the mess up of how D6 came up with how to seed the teams in the playoffs. If I'm Jefferson I feel very cheated!!

Good luck to all D6 teams

Yakunin
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Yakunin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:34 am

I am wondering for many of you that if they deserved a higher seed then Waconia why could they not even beat the #9 seed???? Seems to me that many 5 seeds would not have a problem with the #9 seed. Bottom line is you have to win games regardless where you are seeded. Jefferson forgot about that.

BenDangle
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by BenDangle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:38 am

This is on D6 and it's keystone cop organization. It's not Waconia's fault that they snuffed out an opportunity to appear better than they are*, don't blame them for circumventing the horrible system that allows them to load up on games vs. Kennedy, Shakopee, and Burnsville* and then play the powerhouses once. Blame D6 for allowing Waconia to show up at D6 meetings claiming in one breath that they can't compete with other D6 teams and but in the same breath call these same programs weak*. And claim 5-1 wins over EP as something other than what it was a win over a depleted and concussed team missing 3 of it's 4 best players*.

I hope EP or whoever gets their first shot at Waconia puts them into running time.

*Waconia should change their name to Wannabe. They wannabe in D6 and puff their chest out like they're D6 but they don't have the horses or the talent. Wherever they can get an advantage to "win" at a lower level or play down or circumvent, they'll do it (both boys and girls). It's sad and everyone in D6 knows it, Waconia. Wait, check that the members of D6 know it, but the board obviously doesn't.

Yakunin
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Yakunin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 am

Have a good off season Bendangle. Good luck next year.

gorilla1
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:03 am

Post by gorilla1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am

Can't blame Waconia for the schedule, it's D6 fault. Bottom line is there is little doubt Pl, EP, Tonka, and Edina are the top 4 teams in D6. Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similar in talent but a notch below. One of those teams could get by into regions as each team is beatable, but the odds aren't with them. Jefferson had a nice team this year and their frustration is understandable. D6 will need to fix this next year if there is no A/AA. Good luck to everyone.

Mnhockeys
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Mnhockeys » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Yakunin wrote:Have a good off season Bendangle. Good luck next year.
Ouch!

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:11 am

gorilla1 wrote:Can't blame Waconia for the schedule, it's D6 fault. Bottom line is there is little doubt Pl, EP, Tonka, and Edina are the top 4 teams in D6. Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similar in talent but a notch below. One of those teams could get by into regions as each team is beatable, but the odds aren't with them. Jefferson had a nice team this year and their frustration is understandable. D6 will need to fix this next year if there is no A/AA. Good luck to everyone.
Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similiar in talent? Really? :roll:
Can you share the records of these teams when they played PL, Edina, EP, and Minnetonka? I would have to believe it was well under .500 for the year. That does not make it similiar in talent. And PLEASE don;t come back with a couple players here and a couple players there. Here and now.
As for Waconia. This is their best team in quite a few years. Don't be a hater because they play in D6. Fact is, they do have a smaller association and they do have a good team.
As for Jefferson. They lost to the # 9 seed. Nuff said. If you cannot beat the # 9 seed do you really belong in the double elimination part of the tourney? Not to mention Chaska/Chan only had 10 shots on goal against a very good goalie.

gorilla1
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:03 am

Post by gorilla1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Perhaps you should learn how to read Irish--they are similar in talent with each other. Those teams r a notch below Edina, ep pl, and tonka. 8)

GTTN
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by GTTN » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Irish wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:Can't blame Waconia for the schedule, it's D6 fault. Bottom line is there is little doubt Pl, EP, Tonka, and Edina are the top 4 teams in D6. Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similar in talent but a notch below. One of those teams could get by into regions as each team is beatable, but the odds aren't with them. Jefferson had a nice team this year and their frustration is understandable. D6 will need to fix this next year if there is no A/AA. Good luck to everyone.
Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similiar in talent? Really? :roll:
Can you share the records of these teams when they played PL, Edina, EP, and Minnetonka? I would have to believe it was well under .500 for the year. That does not make it similiar in talent. And PLEASE don;t come back with a couple players here and a couple players there. Here and now.
As for Waconia. This is their best team in quite a few years. Don't be a hater because they play in D6. Fact is, they do have a smaller association and they do have a good team.
As for Jefferson. They lost to the # 9 seed. Nuff said. If you cannot beat the # 9 seed do you really belong in the double elimination part of the tourney? Not to mention Chaska/Chan only had 10 shots on goal against a very good goalie.
What everyone is missing is the #9 seed is not your usual #9 seed (If you take out Waconia and Shakopee who played the "easy" district schedule and seed the teams who played the hard schedule you would come up with Chaska at 7. 6 teams play in the double elim tourny. Anything can happen in a one in done situation in pw's. I'm not discrediting Waconia because they are a legit team but it sucks for the teams who should be battling with Waconia for a chance to be in the double elim tourny but their season ends because Waconia had the much easier road to the double elim where you can have a bad game and your season is still going.

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 pm

gorilla1 wrote:Perhaps you should learn how to read Irish--they are similar in talent with each other. Those teams r a notch below Edina, ep pl, and tonka. 8)
Mr. Ape. When you say similiar in talent. What exactly does that mean?

Let me guess. If you had one good goalie or maybe another good scorer you would be top four in D6? Right?
Let me be the first to say. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Here and now my friend.

No doubt your little Gretzky plays on Waconia - Chaska - New Prague - Burnsville? Now how did your team do against Edina - PL - Minnetonka - EP this season. I'm guessing maybe one win?

How does this equate to similiar in talent? :wink:

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 pm

GTTN wrote:
Irish wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:Can't blame Waconia for the schedule, it's D6 fault. Bottom line is there is little doubt Pl, EP, Tonka, and Edina are the top 4 teams in D6. Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similar in talent but a notch below. One of those teams could get by into regions as each team is beatable, but the odds aren't with them. Jefferson had a nice team this year and their frustration is understandable. D6 will need to fix this next year if there is no A/AA. Good luck to everyone.
Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similiar in talent? Really? :roll:
Can you share the records of these teams when they played PL, Edina, EP, and Minnetonka? I would have to believe it was well under .500 for the year. That does not make it similiar in talent. And PLEASE don;t come back with a couple players here and a couple players there. Here and now.
As for Waconia. This is their best team in quite a few years. Don't be a hater because they play in D6. Fact is, they do have a smaller association and they do have a good team.
As for Jefferson. They lost to the # 9 seed. Nuff said. If you cannot beat the # 9 seed do you really belong in the double elimination part of the tourney? Not to mention Chaska/Chan only had 10 shots on goal against a very good goalie.
What everyone is missing is the #9 seed is not your usual #9 seed (If you take out Waconia and Shakopee who played the "easy" district schedule and seed the teams who played the hard schedule you would come up with Chaska at 7. 6 teams play in the double elim tourny. Anything can happen in a one in done situation in pw's. I'm not discrediting Waconia because they are a legit team but it sucks for the teams who should be battling with Waconia for a chance to be in the double elim tourny but their season ends because Waconia had the much easier road to the double elim where you can have a bad game and your season is still going.
Good point! After the top four in D6 anyone can beat anyone. I want to point out that every player, coach, and parents knew the rules at the beginning of the season. You hate to see people complain coulda, woulds, shoulda.

It sounds like Chaska/Chan versus Waconia will be a good game. They tied in league play and Waconia beat CC in Roseau tournament.

HeavyD
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by HeavyD » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 pm

GTTN wrote:
Irish wrote:
gorilla1 wrote:Can't blame Waconia for the schedule, it's D6 fault. Bottom line is there is little doubt Pl, EP, Tonka, and Edina are the top 4 teams in D6. Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similar in talent but a notch below. One of those teams could get by into regions as each team is beatable, but the odds aren't with them. Jefferson had a nice team this year and their frustration is understandable. D6 will need to fix this next year if there is no A/AA. Good luck to everyone.
Waconia, Jefferson, Chaska/Chan, and Burnsville are similiar in talent? Really? :roll:
Can you share the records of these teams when they played PL, Edina, EP, and Minnetonka? I would have to believe it was well under .500 for the year. That does not make it similiar in talent. And PLEASE don;t come back with a couple players here and a couple players there. Here and now.
As for Waconia. This is their best team in quite a few years. Don't be a hater because they play in D6. Fact is, they do have a smaller association and they do have a good team.
As for Jefferson. They lost to the # 9 seed. Nuff said. If you cannot beat the # 9 seed do you really belong in the double elimination part of the tourney? Not to mention Chaska/Chan only had 10 shots on goal against a very good goalie.
What everyone is missing is the #9 seed is not your usual #9 seed (If you take out Waconia and Shakopee who played the "easy" district schedule and seed the teams who played the hard schedule you would come up with Chaska at 7. 6 teams play in the double elim tourny. Anything can happen in a one in done situation in pw's. I'm not discrediting Waconia because they are a legit team but it sucks for the teams who should be battling with Waconia for a chance to be in the double elim tourny but their season ends because Waconia had the much easier road to the double elim where you can have a bad game and your season is still going.
OMG Get over it. You lost in the first round and your done.
All of these teams had wins against NP & Kennedy. Here is how they matched up against Shakopee and Waconia.
Jefferson: tied Shakopee & lost to Waconia. They never beat any of the top 4
Burnsville: beat Waconia & Shakopee, but never beat the Top 4. (They should have been the top seed out of this group, but did it really matter)
Chaska Chan : tied Waconia & beat Shakopee Again never beat the top 4
I don't see any big injustice here. I would argue all of these teams were about equal.
CC is hot right now and I hope they can knock someone else out.
Now if you had a win against the top 4 and got seated below Waconia , you might have an argument. That clearly is not the case here.

gorilla1
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:03 am

Post by gorilla1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Chaska/Chan 5
Waconia 4

D6 playoffs

Heavy D--Jefferson did beat Minnetonka to the extent that matters in the regular season.

Oberver4
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Oberver4 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Edina- EP score?

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Minnetonka over Edina 4-1.

BenDangle
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by BenDangle » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Yakunin wrote:Have a good off season Bendangle. Good luck next year.
Yep, next year we can count on 2 easy wins over Waconia. Oh wait, just one.

I hope you guys enjoyed your temporary ill-begotten stay in double elimination. Congrats CC for a nice win on Wannabe's home ice.

Post Reply