Legacy Hockey

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
hockeymannorth
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Legacy Hockey

Post by hockeymannorth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I heard Legacy hockey folded has anyone got any information on that :(

BBgunner
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:06 am

Post by BBgunner » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I have the same rumors some from reliable sources so I would say yes however till Scott comes out and says so they are just rumors.

observer
Posts: 2225
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by observer » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:52 pm

Is Legacy a person or an organization? Seems like they had some success at some levels last season. To just blow up the teams makes no sense. Especially for the older boys. The younger kids can find a new place to play pretty easily but it can be much harder for the older boys as older teams are set and often only looking for a very specific piece or two.

http://www.minnesotalegacyhockey.com/pa ... acy-hockey

To many practice hours in my opinion.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4082
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:13 pm

There will be a lot of little refugees around.

They had the best beer hall receptions ever! :D

hockeymannorth
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by hockeymannorth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:33 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:There will be a lot of little refugees around.

They had the best beer hall receptions ever! :D
the attached Bar was sweet :D

old goalie85
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by old goalie85 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:46 pm

I was told it was sold. What was it called before? The Cyclones ??

HockeyDad41
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by HockeyDad41 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I wonder what there is to sell? The reputation wasn't worth anything.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.

Sioux Lookout
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Sioux Lookout » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:56 am

8)
Last edited by Sioux Lookout on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HockeyDad41
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by HockeyDad41 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:03 am

If this is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised. The business model of charging one of the highest fees per hour of any program out there combined with the practice of leaving your paying players at home to bring in non-paying players to compete in tournaments is enough to make the most careless consumer scratch his head. Top it off with cheesey $10 jerseys for the kids to wear and you have pretty much disappointed everyone involved.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:02 pm

HockeyDad41 wrote:If this is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised. The business model of charging one of the highest fees per hour of any program out there combined with the practice of leaving your paying players at home to bring in non-paying players to compete in tournaments is enough to make the most careless consumer scratch his head. Top it off with cheesey $10 jerseys for the kids to wear and you have pretty much disappointed everyone involved.
Hockey41- I assume you were a paying customer? I also thought this program had some good programs. After reading what you wrote, now I know why.

That is one of the first things to ask a program. Will they bring any other players in during the season to play in tournaments?

Mnhockeys
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Mnhockeys » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 am

Irish wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:If this is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised. The business model of charging one of the highest fees per hour of any program out there combined with the practice of leaving your paying players at home to bring in non-paying players to compete in tournaments is enough to make the most careless consumer scratch his head. Top it off with cheesey $10 jerseys for the kids to wear and you have pretty much disappointed everyone involved.
Hockey41- I assume you were a paying customer? I also thought this program had some good programs. After reading what you wrote, now I know why.

That is one of the first things to ask a program. Will they bring any other players in during the season to play in tournaments?
Other than Legacy, what are some other programs who have been bringing non-paying players to compete in tournaments? Have heard MADE move players around to squeeze winnings. The above is a good question and I for one did not ask.

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 am

At the younger ages it's a learning experience. Asz the years go by the kids will be placed on teams that best fit their level of play or parents check book.
I've never heard of the Made bringing in players to play in tournaments.

Rick O'Shay
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:58 am

Post by Rick O'Shay » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:03 am

Sounds like the only thing they left out was making their eight year olds wear a tie to their games!!!!

HockeyDad41
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by HockeyDad41 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 am

Rick O'Shay wrote:Sounds like the only thing they left out was making their eight year olds wear a tie to their games!!!!
Tan pants or shorts and the white "Legacy Hockey" polo was their requirement.
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.

trippedovertheblueline
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by trippedovertheblueline » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Irish wrote:At the younger ages it's a learning experience. Asz the years go by the kids will be placed on teams that best fit their level of play or parents check book.
I've never heard of the Made bringing in players to play in tournaments.
Common for them to bring in a goalie for trnys

hockeygoof1
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: St. Paul

Post by hockeygoof1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Mnhockeys wrote:
Irish wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:If this is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised. The business model of charging one of the highest fees per hour of any program out there combined with the practice of leaving your paying players at home to bring in non-paying players to compete in tournaments is enough to make the most careless consumer scratch his head. Top it off with cheesey $10 jerseys for the kids to wear and you have pretty much disappointed everyone involved.
Hockey41- I assume you were a paying customer? I also thought this program had some good programs. After reading what you wrote, now I know why.

That is one of the first things to ask a program. Will they bring any other players in during the season to play in tournaments?
Other than Legacy, what are some other programs who have been bringing non-paying players to compete in tournaments? Have heard MADE move players around to squeeze winnings. The above is a good question and I for one did not ask.
Oh, yes. It is true. Little Billy (not Johnny) will be guaranteed say 3 tournaments, but the team might play in 5 (this is just an example). Then they do the invitational tourney with their beefed up team and still never finish above third. Legacy isn't the only team that does it, but they are one of the worst. Nice player development. It's notorious at the '99 level.

Irish
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by Irish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 pm

hockeygoof1 wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:
Irish wrote:
HockeyDad41 wrote:If this is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised. The business model of charging one of the highest fees per hour of any program out there combined with the practice of leaving your paying players at home to bring in non-paying players to compete in tournaments is enough to make the most careless consumer scratch his head. Top it off with cheesey $10 jerseys for the kids to wear and you have pretty much disappointed everyone involved.
Hockey41- I assume you were a paying customer? I also thought this program had some good programs. After reading what you wrote, now I know why.

That is one of the first things to ask a program. Will they bring any other players in during the season to play in tournaments?
Other than Legacy, what are some other programs who have been bringing non-paying players to compete in tournaments? Have heard MADE move players around to squeeze winnings. The above is a good question and I for one did not ask.
Oh, yes. It is true. Little Billy (not Johnny) will be guaranteed say 3 tournaments, but the team might play in 5 (this is just an example). Then they do the invitational tourney with their beefed up team and still never finish above third. Legacy isn't the only team that does it, but they are one of the worst. Nice player development. It's notorious at the '99 level.
This is why parents must do research on the program before they write the check. We finally found a home after four years of searching.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4082
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:17 pm

You would think a Legacy representative would make things clear on here. You want to talk about some bad press.

I sure hope they're not stringing families along.

hockeygoof1
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: St. Paul

Post by hockeygoof1 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:12 am

MrBoDangles wrote:You would think a Legacy representative would make things clear on here. You want to talk about some bad press.

I sure hope they're not stringing families along.
Stringing families along? You're kidding me? Please tell me you're not that naive, or you have a sense of humor and I missed it.

we're all crazy
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by we're all crazy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 am

hockeygoof1 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:You would think a Legacy representative would make things clear on here. You want to talk about some bad press.

I sure hope they're not stringing families along.
Stringing families along? You're kidding me? Please tell me you're not that naive, or you have a sense of humor and I missed it.
Talked to some D2 families at the rink this week who have mite/squirt age kids planning to "play with Legacy this Spring". Not sure if they've already written the checks. Noone had heard about it folding, at least not at the younger ages. Noticed Legacy is sponsoring the White Bear Lake mite teams. So if Legacy has indeed folded, there looks to be plenty of people that didn't get the message.

MrBoDangles
Posts: 4082
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm

hockeygoof1 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:You would think a Legacy representative would make things clear on here. You want to talk about some bad press.

I sure hope they're not stringing families along.
Stringing families along? You're kidding me? Please tell me you're not that naive, or you have a sense of humor and I missed it.
Hard to collect checks if they come on here and say things are up in the air.

hockeygoof1
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:22 pm
Location: St. Paul

Post by hockeygoof1 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:27 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
hockeygoof1 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:You would think a Legacy representative would make things clear on here. You want to talk about some bad press.

I sure hope they're not stringing families along.
Stringing families along? You're kidding me? Please tell me you're not that naive, or you have a sense of humor and I missed it.
Hard to collect checks if they come on here and say things are up in the air.
Well, where there's smoke . . .

Post Reply