2012 Brick Invitational Tryout Date has been Set ('02's)

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

[quote="Pylon"]I grabbed this from another site. Its also being said that 3 teams from each pool advance with the number one seed getting a bye in each pool.
Any predictions on who will be top three in each division?

Brick Divisions are out:

DIVISION 1
Chicago Jr Blackhawks
Saskatchewan Jr Pats
Boston Jr Bruins
Detroit Red Wings
Toronto Pro Hockey
Atlantic Jr Selects
[b]Minnesota Blades [/b]

DIVISION 2
Connecticut Yankees
Toronto Bulldogs
BC Junior Canucks
Team Brick Alberta
Winnipeg Junior Jets
California 02's
Montreal Ice Storm[/quote]

What happened to the "team Minnesota" designation?
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

DIVISION 1
#4Chicago Jr Blackhawks
#1Saskatchewan Jr Pats
#2Boston Jr Bruins
#3Detroit Red Wings
#5Toronto Pro Hockey
#7Atlantic Jr Selects
#6Minnesota Blades

DIVISION 2
#4Connecticut Yankees
#1Toronto Bulldogs
#3BC Junior Canucks
#2Team Brick Alberta
#5Winnipeg Junior Jets
#7California 02's
#6Montreal Ice Storm[/quote]
SieveSaves

Post by SieveSaves »

At the 02 Blades tryout, they gave us a flier saying that if you made the 02 Blades, you would be going to the Brick. They even had several years of the Brick Tournament programs at the registration table, for the kids to look through.

Since the 02 Blades coach is the same as the Brick coach, it would be shocking if any Blades player is left behind for this tournament. That would be like saying that he didn't pick the best kids available for his AAA team.

Like last year, "Team Minnesota" will be mostly made of 'B' squirts with green & white socks.
fivehole99

Post by fivehole99 »

I'm not saying SieveSaves is a pathological liar but I was also at the tryout and they did NOT hand out a flyer stating if you made the team, you would be going to the Brick. They told the parents that if your son made the regular roster, then he would have the opportunity to try out for the Brick team. All players have to tryout for the Brick specific roster as specified by The Brick Tournament.

As for his comment that team is comprised of a bunch of "B" Squirts from Edina, he is once again incorrect. This was a concern of mine as well because of some of the stuff I've read on this board. I called Dornbach myself and flat out asked him where the kids were from. He said, "we have kids from all over, a lot of them are from northern suburbs though." I asked if it was an EDINA team and he said, "no, there are only two Edina kids on the team and both of them were the only two first years who made the Edina Squirt A team which says something."

My last conversation with Bernie about the tryout was him telling me I needed to pick between his Machine team or trying out for the Brick and maybe making the team. What was made clear to me was if my son attends the tryout, we are off the Machine roster. I think my kid will make the Brick team so we are attending the tryout. If it doesn't work out, I am sure we can still make it to the NHL. Ha!

If you want factual info on this subject, call Dornbach. SieveSaves is just stirring the pot with bs.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

fivehole99 wrote:I'm not saying SieveSaves is a pathological liar but I was also at the tryout and they did NOT hand out a flyer stating if you made the team, you would be going to the Brick. They told the parents that if your son made the regular roster, then he would have the opportunity to try out for the Brick team. All players have to tryout for the Brick specific roster as specified by The Brick Tournament.

As for his comment that team is comprised of a bunch of "B" Squirts from Edina, he is once again incorrect. This was a concern of mine as well because of some of the stuff I've read on this board. I called Dornbach myself and flat out asked him where the kids were from. He said, "we have kids from all over, a lot of them are from northern suburbs though." I asked if it was an EDINA team and he said, "no, there are only two Edina kids on the team and both of them were the only two first years who made the Edina Squirt A team which says something."

My last conversation with Bernie about the tryout was him telling me I needed to pick between his Machine team or trying out for the Brick and maybe making the team. What was made clear to me was if my son attends the tryout, we are off the Machine roster. I think my kid will make the Brick team so we are attending the tryout. If it doesn't work out, I am sure we can still make it to the NHL. Ha!

If you want factual info on this subject, call Dornbach. SieveSaves is just stirring the pot with bs.
So is your son currently rostered on the 02 Orange?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

DIVISION 1
#3Chicago Jr Blackhawks
#7Saskatchewan Jr Pats
#1Boston Jr Bruins
#2Detroit Red Wings
#4Toronto Pro Hockey
#6Atlantic Jr Selects
#5Minnesota Blades

DIVISION 2
#4Connecticut Yankees
#1Toronto Bulldogs
#5BC Junior Canucks
#3Team Brick Alberta
#2Winnipeg Junior Jets
#7California 02's
#6Montreal Ice Storm

This is a complete guess as I have no idea who has what but I think Toronto always had a good chance, hard to count out Manitoba with the success of the Warriors, Boston has Griffith and I just think that Sask cant continue the way they have in the past. The Blades will be in there but definitely in tough.
ANyone else?
youngatheart

Post by youngatheart »

I am very familar with the 02' Blades and 02' Machine programs. I also admit that I am a little bitter with the Blades in general. If your son is not a top 7-8 player on the team, I would look to different organization. Bumpy road and heartaches ahead for bottom half of team. I will have to leave it at that.

FIVEHOLE is a complete fraud. Just another guy stirring the pot. Not a parent of a rostered 02' Machine Orange player.

I guess we will all see how this Blades/Machine thing plays out on April 14th. 02' Machine Orange has a practice at the same time as Brick tryout!!

As far as 02' Blades at the Brick, I believe the team will have decent showing overall. Team will be stronger with the add ons. With hour long games, anything can happen.

As far as 02' Machine team, High end talent and size. Combination needed to compete with the Canadians. Bernie has made needed changes and taken over team. They will be very tough to beat after adjustment period. Tough to beat when the body contact starts down the road.
HockeyDad41

Post by HockeyDad41 »

youngatheart wrote:I am very familar with the 02' Blades and 02' Machine programs. I also admit that I am a little bitter with the Blades in general. If your son is not a top 7-8 player on the team, I would look to different organization. Bumpy road and heartaches ahead for bottom half of team. I will have to leave it at that.

FIVEHOLE is a complete fraud. Just another guy stirring the pot. Not a parent of a rostered 02' Machine Orange player.

I guess we will all see how this Blades/Machine thing plays out on April 14th. 02' Machine Orange has a practice at the same time as Brick tryout!!

As far as 02' Blades at the Brick, I believe the team will have decent showing overall. Team will be stronger with the add ons. With hour long games, anything can happen.

As far as 02' Machine team, High end talent and size. Combination needed to compete with the Canadians. Bernie has made needed changes and taken over team. They will be very tough to beat after adjustment period. Tough to beat when the body contact starts down the road.
Wow! What an amazing coincidence! I wonder if that was on purpose?
Solving all of hockey's problems since Feb 2009.
Chandler23

Post by Chandler23 »

How is the goalie situation for the Blades right now? Strong to quite strong?
mackjogger

Post by mackjogger »

Pylon wrote:DIVISION 1
#3Chicago Jr Blackhawks
#7Saskatchewan Jr Pats
#1Boston Jr Bruins
#2Detroit Red Wings
#4Toronto Pro Hockey
#6Atlantic Jr Selects
#5Minnesota Blades

DIVISION 2
#4Connecticut Yankees
#1Toronto Bulldogs
#5BC Junior Canucks
#3Team Brick Alberta
#2Winnipeg Junior Jets
#7California 02's
#6Montreal Ice Storm

This is a complete guess as I have no idea who has what but I think Toronto always had a good chance, hard to count out Manitoba with the success of the Warriors, Boston has Griffith and I just think that Sask cant continue the way they have in the past. The Blades will be in there but definitely in tough.
ANyone else?
Is Griffith the only 02 that played in the brick last year?
Irisheyes02

Post by Irisheyes02 »

Been wathcing this thread for some time as I am in same boat as five hole. On Machine team but kid wants to play in Brick. Think my kid can make it but don't want to lose spot on orange if my son can't make Brick team. I talked to Dornback and he basically said every kid has a shot to make it. Talked to Bernie about trying out. if looks could kill, i'd be dead. this is so stupid. . .don't know why machine and blades don't check their egos at door and send best kids. perhaps some machine families will show up. we are on the fence. don't much care for Mcbain telling me what to do with my 10 year old. April 14th will be interesting.
scrapiron

Post by scrapiron »

Irisheyes02

Funny thing is that I talked with Bernie and according to him not one single family has asked him about trying out for the Blades Brick team. You are clearly a fraud. Why would someone pose as a member of the team and try and stir the pot. It is underhanded. "if looks could kill" if you knew Bernie then you know that is not the case.

Then you pick Irisheye2 as your screen name, like you are one of the three rosemont families on the 02 Machine. You might want to put a little more thought into it next time.

People maybe we should just give it a rest.
hockeydad11

Post by hockeydad11 »

Hey Irisheyes2

you are an idiot. Can't you come up with a better lie than that?
The Huge Hook

Post by The Huge Hook »

scrapiron wrote:Irisheyes02

Funny thing is that I talked with Bernie and according to him not one single family has asked him about trying out for the Blades Brick team. You are clearly a fraud. Why would someone pose as a member of the team and try and stir the pot. It is underhanded. "if looks could kill" if you knew Bernie then you know that is not the case.

Then you pick Irisheye2 as your screen name, like you are one of the three rosemont families on the 02 Machine. You might want to put a little more thought into it next time.

You are correct Scrap. There is ZERO Brick talk surrounding the '02 Machine. It hasn't even been mentioned!! The Machine has a few really cool trips planned and everyone is quite happy with how things are going. The Blades can do their thing and the Machine can do their thing, no biggie.

A few of these posters are quite misleading (to be kind)......I wonder why :roll: :roll: :roll: Any theories???
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

The Huge Hook wrote:
scrapiron wrote:Irisheyes02

You are correct Scrap. There is ZERO Brick talk surrounding the '02 Machine. It hasn't even been mentioned!! The Machine has a few really cool trips planned and everyone is quite happy with how things are going. The Blades can do their thing and the Machine can do their thing, no biggie.

A few of these posters are quite misleading (to be kind)......I wonder why :roll: :roll: :roll: Any theories???
wonder why no one is talking since everyone seems so sane around those 2 teams. I'm sure Bernie and the rest have no reason to lie :roll: Truth is always somewhere in the middle.

guess if your interested you will have your answer on April 14th.
chew them up

Post by chew them up »

ooh the 14th!

You just wait the 14th is a magical day!

Just wait. you'll see
trippedovertheblueline

Post by trippedovertheblueline »

youngatheart wrote:I am very familar with the 02' Blades and 02' Machine
Bernie has made needed changes and taken over team.

They will be very tough to beat after adjustment period. Tough to beat when the body contact starts down the road.

Is he the head coach now?
Pylon

Post by Pylon »

Yes, Bernie is the head coach of the 02 Machine now.

Don't lump all Blades parents in with the nut jobs. Just like the Machine, most parents are normal!
Irisheyes02

Post by Irisheyes02 »

Huge Hook and Scrap, my forum name is based on Notre Dame, as in the Fighting Irish. Who doesn't like Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis and Ty Willingham? Your neuroses about Bernie is quite touching though. Hopefully, you'll get a brownie point for supporting him like you do when he checks the forum tomorrow morning!! See you on the 14th.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Huge Hook and Scrap, my forum name is based on Notre Dame, as in the Fighting Irish. Who doesn't like Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis and Ty Willingham? Your neuroses about Bernie is quite touching though. Hopefully, you'll get a brownie point for supporting him like you do when he checks the forum tomorrow morning!! See you on the 14th.
Ty Willingham....really?
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

I woulda gone Rudy.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Irisheyes02 wrote:Been wathcing this thread for some time as I am in same boat as five hole. On Machine team but kid wants to play in Brick. Think my kid can make it but don't want to lose spot on orange if my son can't make Brick team. I talked to Dornback and he basically said every kid has a shot to make it. Talked to Bernie about trying out. if looks could kill, i'd be dead. this is so stupid. . .don't know why machine and blades don't check their egos at door and send best kids. perhaps some machine families will show up. we are on the fence. don't much care for Mcbain telling me what to do with my 10 year old. April 14th will be interesting.
:wink: