Peewee A State Tournament Brackets

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins It?

Hermantown
10%
MAML
3%
Lakeville South
24%
Eden Prairie
14%
STMA
3%
Elk River
17%
Prior Lake
26%
Osseo/Maple Grove
2%

Total votes: 58

silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

mnhockeyguy77 wrote: I'm sorry to hear your "disappointed".
But, no relation, just very impressed with his play I saw throughout the season.
And from what I heard they were at the game to watch him specifically.. regardless, we could bicker about that for hours but within 2-3 years (and post Select 15's) we will know more definitely what his future holds... and until then I think it will be worthless to argue about who's the "top goalie" in the state.

But yes... back to the tournament I suppose.
Funny how you you say its worthless to argue about this age top goalies but spreading he rumors about NDTP and junior teams scouting him ... i'm sure thats true :roll:
Frosty4

Prior Lake all the way

Post by Frosty4 »

toeslapper wrote:Sorry cap lock was on and I was to lazy to take it off.

You are right we will see.

E.P. will prove all the doubters wrong.

p.s.

e.p. has #11, #14, #18, #15 which I would take over any other players in this tournament.
PL has beaten EP in 4/5 meetings this year with a balanced attack and solid play from their goalie. Most of the games have been fantastic..........would make for a great final........however, both teams will have a tough road to even get to the final.......should be interesting
Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys »

All D6 final? No. LVS vs. ER in the final, and LVS wins in a close game.
East Pee Wee

Post by East Pee Wee »

The other thread says ther OMG player has been reinstated for the tourney...

Anyone changing your vote? They made a few great runs in tourneys this year...A few good players can go a long way!

I would say PL still beats them (much tougher game now!) OMG gets the consoloation championship.

PL and LVS are the best in the tourney.
Monsterbuck1

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

Scores from Alex

Hermantown - 9
MAML - 1
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

EP beats LVS 6-4...three unanswered in the third to win it.
HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower »

YouthHockeyHub wrote:EP beats LVS 6-4...three unanswered in the third to win it.
Looks like the big goalie gets the win.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Mnhockeys wrote:All D6 final? No. LVS vs. ER in the final, and LVS wins in a close game.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

duplicate
Last edited by edgeless2 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

edgeless2 wrote:I may eat crow on this but I think STMA will win this game. Will that be an upset, probably. I think ER peaked right around the goheen tourney and if STMA can keep it close, ER will fold. Offside knows these teams very well and schooled me on Hermantown earlier in the year, and wouldn't you know it they are one of 8 remaining. This after all the usual play someone commentary, sound familiar?
I would like my crow medium rare. thank you.
ERPWA Hockey

Post by ERPWA Hockey »

Elk River Elks 8 to STMA Knights 1
Yakunin

Post by Yakunin »

I have heard the big kid goalie is heading to Holy Family to play his High School Hockey. He will be a stud there.
Frosty4

Post by Frosty4 »

HawkeyPower wrote:
YouthHockeyHub wrote:EP beats LVS 6-4...three unanswered in the third to win it.
Looks like the big goalie gets the win.

PL 5

OMG 4

Great game, OMG tied game with 1 second left......PL won it 2 minutes into OT
Hermmunster58

Post by Hermmunster58 »

Today I see, ER over Prior Lake in a very close physical game by 1 goal. The Prior Lake/OMG game was awesome which leads me to believeit may have taken too much out of Prior Lake. Hermantown over EP by 2 in another great game,yes I'm biased. Htown's pressure wears down the EP defense sliding a pair of goals by their goalie.
Either way, today's semis should give us a day to remember for all!
Monsterbuck1

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

LVS over MAML 10-2
redlightclub

Post by redlightclub »

Hermantown 5 EP 3 Final

EP was up 3-0 after 2.
hockeymomma

Post by hockeymomma »

Looks like LVS goalie was not good and EP goalie was.
blacklung

Post by blacklung »

toeslapper wrote:I HAVE NO KID ON EDEN PRAIRE. I JUST KNOW THAT GOALTENDING WINS PLAYOFF GAMES AND WHEN YOU HAVE THE BEST YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE. I REMEMBER A CERTAIN WILD TEAM THAT MADE IT TO THE WEST CON. FINALS WITH A SO SO TEAM BUT GREAT GOALTENDING.

YOU WILL ALL EAT CROW WHEN EDEN PRAIRE WINS STATE.

P.S. LAKEVILLE SOUTH IS OVERRATED, HERMANTOWN C'MON REALLY AND E.P. JUST TOOK PRIOR LAKE TO O.T.
YES, REALLY... :shock:
CLASS A HERMANTOWN JUST BEAT EP 5-3 WITH 5 UNANSWERED GOALS IN THE 3RD PERIOD AND IS GOING TO THE PWA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! 8)
Monsterbuck1

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

blacklung wrote:
toeslapper wrote:I HAVE NO KID ON EDEN PRAIRE. I JUST KNOW THAT GOALTENDING WINS PLAYOFF GAMES AND WHEN YOU HAVE THE BEST YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE. I REMEMBER A CERTAIN WILD TEAM THAT MADE IT TO THE WEST CON. FINALS WITH A SO SO TEAM BUT GREAT GOALTENDING.

YOU WILL ALL EAT CROW WHEN EDEN PRAIRE WINS STATE.

P.S. LAKEVILLE SOUTH IS OVERRATED, HERMANTOWN C'MON REALLY AND E.P. JUST TOOK PRIOR LAKE TO O.T.
YES, REALLY... :shock:
CLASS A HERMANTOWN JUST BEAT EP 5-3 WITH 5 UNANSWERED GOALS IN THE 3RD PERIOD AND IS GOING TO THE PWA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! 8)
This just can't be, the EP goalie must have been injured. 5 goals in the third??? Way to go Hawks! Northern teams still making noise. Should be an interesting Chip. I'm on the Hawks bandwagon. PL is spent after two nail-biters. A formula for success in the end is not to play 60 plus games.
buttend

Post by buttend »

Prior Lake vs Hermantown for the Championship!

Congratulations to both teams, its nice to see new, different teams competing for the pee wee championship. BTW PL PWB1's are competing in the PWB1 Championship game tomorrow and Hermantown PWB1's are in the 3rd place game. 2 up and coming programs with this age group.

Looking at the data from Myhockey rankings PL looks to be a 2-3 goal favorite.
Comparing common opponents PL holds that edge with a 17- 4 record vs a 8-3 record.
Both teams have played 5 games in the last 3 weeks
PL has played a tougher schedule throughout the year.

With the data available I will pick PL over Hermantown but it could go either way in a close 1 goal game.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

I think PL will take this one. They have been as good as advertised all year. That being said Go Hawks! Everyone loves a good dog. Remember Tonka took it to PL good in an unexpected tourney final earlier this year. It can be done!!
HOCKEYlover1919

Post by HOCKEYlover1919 »

PL 7-Htown 3
Through 2 #8 for PL has 5 points
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

redlightclub wrote:Hermantown 5 EP 3 Final

EP was up 3-0 after 2.
EP was up 3-0 with ten minutes left in the 3rd.......what a melt down....all I can say after that is Wow!
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Anyone know if PL swept both A and B1? If so very impressive.
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

Yakunin wrote:I have heard the big kid goalie is heading to Holy Family to play his High School Hockey. He will be a stud there.
9 Goals in Two Games, Holy Family may want to keep looking :lol:

OVERRATED :oops: :oops: :oops: