Is Mn hockey doing good ?

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HOCKEYDRIVER

Is Mn hockey doing good ?

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

Is there anything that should be changed? Without going crazy.
The only thing I would like to see changed is that major 5 of endless scoring to 5 and one goal. keep it the same for the skater. Is making the team pay that price worth it ? Does anyone else have anything.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

So this is a thread to bring up rule changes?

I read the title and my reply was going to be, "yes."
Be kind. Rewind.
HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

Anything from rules or whatever.
Or is the system we have fine the way it is.
The only reason I ask is I had a friend come to HS tourney.
He is from Mich, a true AAA fan. Who ever saw the games before.
He thought this was one of the greatest events he has ever seen.
And was wondering what would I change.
Then he asked would AAA make are hockey stronger or weaker ?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Hockey Driver, it isn't real easy to change the rules in the USA Hockey rule book. Not impossible, but tossing out a suggestion (that will never pass) to modify how Major penalties are served is kind of like asking if spiders wonder about vacationing on Maui.
Be kind. Rewind.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

When I first read the title, I thought the question was whether it was a positive contibutor to society and helped its fellow man.

The second time I read the title, I wondered if it meant Minnesota Hockey or hockey in Minnesota.
JSR

Re: Is Mn hockey doing good ?

Post by JSR »

HOCKEYDRIVER wrote:Is there anything that should be changed? Without going crazy.
The only thing I would like to see changed is that major 5 of endless scoring to 5 and one goal. keep it the same for the skater. Is making the team pay that price worth it ? Does anyone else have anything.
Can someone translate this for me? Am I the only one who does not understand a word of this sentence?
Last edited by JSR on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
blindref

Post by blindref »

JSR wrote:
HOCKEYDRIVER wrote:Is there anything that should be changed? Without going crazy.
Can someone translate this for me? Am I the only one who does not udnerstand a word of this sentence?
No, I don't udnerstand it either. :D
JSR

Post by JSR »

blindref wrote:
JSR wrote:
Can someone translate this for me? Am I the only one who does not udnerstand a word of this sentence?
haha, very funny. but seriously I can't make heads or tails of what he is trying to ask in that sentence/sentences
jBlaze3000

Post by jBlaze3000 »

JSR wrote:
blindref wrote:
JSR wrote: Can someone translate this for me? Am I the only one who does not udnerstand a word of this sentence?
haha, very funny. but seriously I can't make heads or tails of what he is trying to ask in that sentence/sentences
I think he's referring to the new checking from behind rule. Instead of a 5 min major, make it a 5 minute "minor" penalty (in that the penalty is over after the opposing team scores 1 goal). Also, I believe he is saying that the penalized player should be able to come out of the box after the penalty is over, instead of the "5 and 10" rule where they stay in the box for 10 minutes regardless.
D6Rocks

Post by D6Rocks »

JSR wrote:
blindref wrote:
JSR wrote: Can someone translate this for me? Am I the only one who does not udnerstand a word of this sentence?
He is saying that Currently a major is 5 min and you can score as many goals as you can and the penalized team is short handed and the penalized player is in the box the whole 5 in.

he wants it so when you score the team is no longer short handed but the player is still in the box for the entire 5 min feeling shame.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

I think I can translate into something vaguely doable and smart:

He'd like to see the 5-minute major turned into a 4-minute double minor. I suspect this might actually happen.
HOCKEYDRIVER

Post by HOCKEYDRIVER »

Sorry for the poor grammar.
Yes I would hope they make it a double minor.
Still give the player the gate or 5 and 10.
The way they have it now changes the game to much.
Teach the kids if that happens, the kid who does it pays for it.