Advanced 15's National List

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 »

I know it's a little early, but does anyone have any predictions on which players will make it to New York?
bender1

Post by bender1 »

Forwards- Defense- Goalies-
Freytag Newhouse Swail
Versich Klehr Driscoll
Boeser Osterman
Pitlick Saccoman
Bump Jutting
Jungels Carroll
Kaske
Baer
Garin
Sitarz
hockeyoldtimer

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Bender,
I was wondering when or if someone was going to take a guess at this list.
You have a good list, I'd make a few changes. . .
Defense--Newhouse, Klehr, Saccoman, Robbel, Osterman, Krych, Jutting.
Forwards--Freytag, Versich, Yungwirth , Pitlick, Boeser, Baer, Garin, Sitarz,
Dolter, McDonald, Bump, and Jungels.
Goalies--Robert and Ahrens
Task Force 34

Post by Task Force 34 »

Driscoll and Swail are both contenders for the tender spots.
bubblehockeypro

Re: Advanced 15's National List

Post by bubblehockeypro »

hockeyoldtimer wrote:Bender,
I was wondering when or if someone was going to take a guess at this list.
You have a good list, I'd make a few changes. . .
Defense--Newhouse, Klehr, Saccoman, Robbel, Osterman, Krych, Jutting.
Forwards--Freytag, Versich, Yungwirth , Pitlick, Boeser, Baer, Garin, Sitarz,
Dolter, McDonald, Bump, and Jungels.
Goalies--Robert and Ahrens
If you put Jutting on there you might as well put Dornbach too. I know that politics plays a roll in the St. cloud trip but shouldn't they pick the best kids to go to NY?
hockeyoldtimer

15 National Team

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Task Force--I agree Driscoll and Swail very good and I really couldn't decide amongst the 4. I think Swail, Driscoll, and Robert actually had better showing throughout the spring festival. Will see who works the hardest at St. Cloud.
hockeyoldtimer

15 National Team

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

BubbleHockeyPro-
Politics do play a part in my list. Sadly that's life and Minnesota hockey. My list of who really should go would be different. And yes, I almost included Dornbach for that reason.
Napalm187

Post by Napalm187 »

Am I in an extreme minority in thinking that Dornbach actually deserves to be there? No mention of Zuhlsdorf? What about Max Zimmer? How are his chances? People really think Jungels is a lock?? While solid, I just don't think the skill is overwhelming enough for the size. Whatever happened to the Sibley propoganda machine for who was it? Kouzomontiz or someone like that? Am I wrong in that he didn't even make it to St. Cloud?

Just one man's thoughts...

Goalie - Swail, Robert

Defense - Newhouse, Robbel, Saccoman, Klehr, Zuhlsdorf, Jutting & Ausmus (for some northern flavor)

Forward - Garin, Pitlick, Jungwirth, Boeser, Dornbach, Sitarz, Kaske, Freytag, Bump, Dolter, Baer, Jungels??? Not confident about that list one.

Seems to be almost all Blades/Machine? How do the anti Blades/Machine crowd feel about that?
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

Napalm187 wrote:Seems to be almost all Blades/Machine? How do the anti Blades/Machine crowd feel about that?
these are '97's yet correct?

the '98's should / could be the first year you start to see more parity in the "colors" represented. Lots of very talented '98's out there not on the big 2.

'99's on down there is tons of talent everywhere.
Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

Napalm187 wrote:Am I in an extreme minority in thinking that Dornbach actually deserves to be there? No mention of Zuhlsdorf?
Emphasis on Extreme! Dornbach is a nice player, but to put him in the national camp discussion is crazy. There are a number of players that are not in the discussion that play the whole ice. Dornbach played around his stature - and got away with it, but until he leanrs to take a hit, he'll just be a pretty stick-handler. Zuhlsdorf was the 2nd best 97 defenseman in Edina this year - and the best one didn't even make the festival.
hockeyoldtimer

15's National Team

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Wow, I didn't realize Zuhlsdorf didn't make D6 district final D. Another great D from D6 that I would put near the top that wasn't at the festival is Runyon from HF/Machine. He has always been a smart, solid defenseman. D6 must have had some great D to skip these two. Jack Achan is one of them. Small, scrappy, and smart. Never gives up.

I also forgot Sullivan from EP for forwards. He is definitely near the top too.
I agree Zimmer is a nice player too and will be close.
suzannehanrahan

Thanks Dad!!!

Post by suzannehanrahan »

Dont be suprised if you see Dornbach as an alternate and magically end up on the team when someone cannot make the trip.

Bluewhitefan wrote:
Napalm187 wrote:Am I in an extreme minority in thinking that Dornbach actually deserves to be there? No mention of Zuhlsdorf?
Emphasis on Extreme! Dornbach is a nice player, but to put him in the national camp discussion is crazy. There are a number of players that are not in the discussion that play the whole ice. Dornbach played around his stature - and got away with it, but until he leanrs to take a hit, he'll just be a pretty stick-handler. Zuhlsdorf was the 2nd best 97 defenseman in Edina this year - and the best one didn't even make the festival.
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

Any sleepers? I can think of a couple Wayzata players that could sneak up and fill a spot. Anybody else have any?
puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 »

My list:
Forwards, Baer, Boeser, Bump, Garin, Jungwirth, Pitlick, Sitarz, Versich, Brumm, Jungles, Dolter, Freytag
Defense, Ausmus, Newhouse, Klehr, Krych, Saccomen, Robbel
Goalie, Driscoll, Ahrens
Some sleepers could be: Eder-zdchilik, St.John, Reisdorfer, spindler
MegaMan

Post by MegaMan »

puckstopper33 wrote:My list:
Forwards, Baer, Boeser, Bump, Garin, Jungwirth, Pitlick, Sitarz, Versich, Brumm, Jungles, Dolter, Freytag
Goalie, Driscoll, Ahrens
Spindler wasnt even top 2 D on Wayzata this year
bubblehockeypro

Post by bubblehockeypro »

MegaMan wrote:Any sleepers? I can think of a couple Wayzata players that could sneak up and fill a spot. Anybody else have any?
All the talk about kids from the metro wouldn't there be a couple that come from outstate?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

bubblehockeypro wrote:
MegaMan wrote:Any sleepers? I can think of a couple Wayzata players that could sneak up and fill a spot. Anybody else have any?
All the talk about kids from the metro wouldn't there be a couple that come from outstate?
Only Outstater that is being listed on this bored is Ausmus.
However, there are several from Shattuck. Don't know where they hail from home town wise.
MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell »

There will always will be at least a couple from the north deserving or not.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Whalin from WBL ????
hockeyoldtimer

15's National Team

Post by hockeyoldtimer »

Whalin is a 96 birth year. Not eligible for 15's.
suzannehanrahan

Post by suzannehanrahan »

Stevens has really stepped up dont count him out

MegaMan wrote:
puckstopper33 wrote:My list:
Goalie, Driscoll, Ahrens
Spindler wasnt even top 2 D on Wayzata this year
observer

Post by observer »

Stevens has really stepped up dont count him out
What does that mean? It's not based on the tryout.
bauerhockey99

Post by bauerhockey99 »

Napalm- I agree with your list. Its very solid but you should add one player: versich- good player with speed and smarts
blindref

Post by blindref »

bubblehockeypro wrote:
Brandon Bissett from St.Cloud is a talented forward
Napalm187

Post by Napalm187 »

I don't get why Zuhlsdorf is getting snubbed. I think he is certainly better than some of those D who are supposed locks. He dominated the Pee Wee A state title game in 2011...was easily best player on ice. Even ahead of KB & Dornbach. Had an amazing goal and a bunch of other nice plays. He looked dynamic, fast and smart. Don't get that one.

When does the NY list come out?