2012-2013 Bantam B1 Scores

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan »

MNpuckBlog wrote:
Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:
Community Based wrote: They should not have. In fact, a few years ago there was a vote that decided to limit youth hockey teams to youth hockey associations so I don't know what happened after that vote. MN Hockey could have had a clean slate of only youth hockey associations hosting youth hockey teams.

This may be a Hopkins registered youth team flying the Blake flag but that is wrong too. If it's a co-op'd team with Hopkins, including Hopkins players, call them Hopkins as they are a youth association and Blake is not. I say Hopkins because Blake is located in Hopkins. It has been mentioned that Blake HS is actually in Minneapolis. If it's a team made up entirely of Blake students then it shouldn't be allowed by Hopkins, D3 or MN Hockey and needs to be corrected.
Get over it this is the 2nd or 3rd year they have had a team.

:cry:
Since the 05'-06' season they have had a Bantam B1 team. I believe 06-07 or 07-08 STA also had one. Somehow it works out but they have to play at the B1 level.
Explain to me how this is any different than the BSM kids playing Bantam A under the SLP banner a couple years ago?
gorilla1

Post by gorilla1 »

Chaska/Chanhassen 4

Minnetonka 2
Irish

Post by Irish »

gorilla1 wrote:Chaska/Chanhassen 4

Minnetonka 2
Wow Gorilla. The battle of two powerhouses in D6.
SauceHockey

Post by SauceHockey »

Lakeville south ties wayzata navy 3 to 3. Wayzata scored the tying goal with about a minute left.
Irish

Post by Irish »

gorilla1 wrote:Chaska/Chanhassen 4

Minnetonka 2
Gorilla,
Has your team played any of the Wayzata teams this year or Stillwater?
SauceHockey

Post by SauceHockey »

Lakeville south-9
Hastings-0
Irish

Post by Irish »

SauceHockey wrote:Lakeville south ties wayzata navy 3 to 3. Wayzata scored the tying goal with about a minute left.
Wayzata Blue is a very talented team. After watching them it's hard to believe that Wayzata Navy is that much better. If Navy is that much better Wayzata didn't do team placement right. They were better off creating another A team versus two B1 teams.
hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 »

Stick to the topic Irish because next thing you know with you we will be so far off topic this will get shut down.
Irish

Post by Irish »

hockeygirl2 wrote:Stick to the topic Irish because next thing you know with you we will be so far off topic this will get shut down.
:roll:
sorno82

Post by sorno82 »

Wayzata Blue is a very talented team. After watching them it's hard to believe that Wayzata Navy is that much better. If Navy is that much better Wayzata didn't do team placement right. They were better off creating another A team versus two B1 teams.
They played once and tied. Seem to be close to even. One just has a better record than the other.
Monsterbuck1

Duluth - Head of the Lakes Tournament

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

Duluth Head of the Lakes Bantam B1 Tournament

Consolation
Edina - 5
Stillwater Black - 1

Third Place
Tonka - 4
Woodbury - 1

Championship
Stillwater Red - 6
Lakeville South - 1
Hhoocckkeeyy

Sorno

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

If you look at Wayzata Navy's record you will note that they have beaten teams Wayzata blue lost to. Navy is a lot better than blue. The tie was from a goal scored with seconds left in the game. I was there to see them both play. Navy was running a clinic in puck control and dominated the game from start to finish. Wayzata v Wayzata is always coin toss.
MNhockey15443

OMGHA Bantam B1

Post by MNhockey15443 »

Loss: to Rosemount, 4-1
Win: Duluth Denfield, 5-3
Loss: Edina, 7-4
Win: Thunder Bay Maroons, 3-1

Talented team and could be very good but it depends on what team shows up from what I have seen.
Monsterbuck1

Re: Sorno

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

Hhoocckkeeyy wrote:If you look at Wayzata Navy's record you will note that they have beaten teams Wayzata blue lost to. Navy is a lot better than blue. The tie was from a goal scored with seconds left in the game. I was there to see them both play. Navy was running a clinic in puck control and dominated the game from start to finish. Wayzata v Wayzata is always coin toss.
There is is very good chance Wayzata Navy will meet Stillwater Red in the Bloomington Midwest Regional over the New Year. This should be a very good game. Another interesting matchup will be WBL Orange vs Tartan on Dec 23rd. There are some pretty nice teams at the top of the B1 level. It would be very interesting to see how they would fare with some of the single A teams accross the state.
MNhockey15443

score 12/20/12

Post by MNhockey15443 »

Orono b1 beat OMGHA bantam b1 5-4..................... :shock:
Hockeymom21

Re: Sorno

Post by Hockeymom21 »

Hhoocckkeeyy wrote:If you look at Wayzata Navy's record you will note that they have beaten teams Wayzata blue lost to. Navy is a lot better than blue. The tie was from a goal scored with seconds left in the game. I was there to see them both play. Navy was running a clinic in puck control and dominated the game from start to finish. Wayzata v Wayzata is always coin toss.
If navy was that much better than blue, they wouldn't have tied and it wouldn't be a 'coin toss'.
Hhoocckkeeyy

Typical hockeymom21

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

You type make me laugh
Hhoocckkeeyy

Hockeymom21

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

You are obviously a mom and a fan of the blue team. I am nothing more than an old retired hockey fan, coach, and player who loves to watch great hockey and every year I know the Wayzata v Wayzata match ups are great battles to the very end.....but the navy team clearly dominated this game. Yes, it was a tie but the box score never tells the whole story.
Trout

Post by Trout »

Can someone going to the Edina Invitational send out an update to the Bantam B1 group. Either the scores were entered wrong or the seedings are listed wrong on the tourneyville website for the Bantam B1 group.

Example shows Edina at 1-2 record with the overall #1 seed in the tourney after pool play. LVN 0-2-1 in pool play #4 seed overall etc...

As I noted either the scores are wrong or the seedings are askew...
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Trout wrote:Can someone going to the Edina Invitational send out an update to the Bantam B1 group. Either the scores were entered wrong or the seedings are listed wrong on the tourneyville website for the Bantam B1 group.

Example shows Edina at 1-2 record with the overall #1 seed in the tourney after pool play. LVN 0-2-1 in pool play #4 seed overall etc...

As I noted either the scores are wrong or the seedings are askew...
Thanks. I saw that too and couldn't figure out what I was missing.
goaliewithfoggedglasses

Post by goaliewithfoggedglasses »

EHA is aware of the problem, however it's a Tourneyville issue so not sure when it will be resolved. The seedings are correct but the scores are all messed up.
Trout

Post by Trout »

[quote="goaliewithfoggedglasses"]EHA is aware of the problem, however it's a Tourneyville issue so not sure when it will be resolved. The seedings are correct but the scores are all messed up.[/quote]

Thanks...I thought some of those scores were very surprising! Now it makes a little more sense.
Bum Mahoney

Post by Bum Mahoney »

An upset tonight.

Eagan Blue 3
Lakeville South 2
SauceHockey

Post by SauceHockey »

[quote="Bum Mahoney"]An upset tonight.

Eagan Blue 3
Lakeville South 2[/quote]

First of all the refs in this game where terrible, Lakeville Souths #8 scored the first goal at the end of the first period. Then Eagan got a goal from the tops of the circles. So back to my point Lakeville got a goal right after that. They called it a goal but the refs talked and called it off because the net was off when the Eagan goalie knocked it off about 5 times and the puck was in before the net was off. So then Lakeville scores short handed to make it 2-1. Then the ref calls a a hooking penalty on Lakeville and the kid didn't even touch him so Eagan scores. Next there is about ten seconds left and Lakevilles defense man has the puck and gets tripped on Souths own blue line and Eagan goes down and shoots and scores with 6 seconds left and the refs didn't call the penalty. South should have won and I think they should still be in the top ten in the state. It wasn't an upset. South will see them latter in the season and it will be a whole different game.
Hhoocckkeeyy

Edina v WBL orange

Post by Hhoocckkeeyy »

Any idea who won the game? Neither team likes to post results?